1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My '09 TSB Fun Begins!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by PropJet, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Jul 9, 2009 at 2:17 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    BTW, my service manager (New Holland) wanted me to be fore warned that my ride was going to be "stiffer" due to the additional spring....that my ride would no longer be as "nice" as it currently is without the load.[/QUOTE]

Your ride with the new springs will be better than with the old ones, not worse. Definately worth having done.

2. Jul 9, 2009 at 2:30 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

Depends on what you call "better". I agree, stiffer with less body roll is better. The pre-TSB ride felt "squishy". Post TSB, the truck is much more sure footed over bumps. I feel this is "better". A lot of people think a "better" ride means not feeling the bumps as much. I like to get some feedback of what my vehicle is doing through feel. Maybe that's just me.

3. Jul 9, 2009 at 2:32 PM
    geolink

geolink Well-Known Member

Member:
    SILVER STATE
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB MagGray TRD SPORT
    Weathertech mats and hood protector, RuffTuff seat covers, padded console, Redline Hood Struts, Snugtop canopy w/Thule Rack, TSB rear springs plus AAL, 5100's all around OME 885 front coils, LR UCA, Avid Step Bars, LT265/70R17 BFG AT on stock Sport Rims
    Your ride with the new springs will be better than with the old ones, not worse. Definately worth having done.[/quote]

Agree!

Bit of a chore to convince dealer, but worth it. Customer service was the more persuasive force than me. I beleive they wanted to make me happy - and the did!
    See my story at post #9 here:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/42009-just-dropped-off-my-truck.html

Stick with it!

4. Jul 9, 2009 at 2:55 PM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    unreal what you are going thru to get this done!! Sorry PropJet, hang in there!

Products Discussed in

To Top