1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My 97 Taco is Leaning to the Left...

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by edavidso, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Aug 18, 2011 at 3:31 PM
    edavidso

edavidso [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    1997 SR5 3.4L 4x4 & 2011 TRD OR DC SB 6Spd 4x
    3" Toytec Lift, Smitty Roll Bar, Push Bar, Nerf Bars, 7 KC 150W, Viper alarm w/ Remote Start, Pioneer CD/MP3, 6 disc changer, Infiniti Speakers, Rhino Lining.
    So I have been noticing lately that it is leaning left pretty badly. Doesnt seem to affect performance, but it looks bad. Any advise as to what may be causing it? I just changed all the shocks/struts a couple weeks ago (i thought that was the issue) but it didnt fix it. It does it with both a full and empty gas tank...Could it be a spring/leaf issue, either front or rear (truck also has 3" lift)? it is roughly 1" lower than the right side, when measured from tire to top of wheel well. Any advise is appreciated...I dont think its me...im not that heavy! :)

2. Aug 18, 2011 at 3:53 PM
    Us3r

Us3r Reading...

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Socali
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma Std. 2RZ-FE 2WD
    Axle wrap mod (Shackled), 140 Amp Alternator & Wires, HID Headlights, Brush Guard Grille, Hella 550 Driving Lights. |Saving:Total Chaos.|
    you can check spring pressure for the fronts. but its most likely going to be your leaf pack on the read. do a AAL or check out those "leaf spring helpers" or whatever.

Products Discussed in

To Top