1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My attempt @ a 2 to 3 drop ... ... more or less...

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by 07TacoRidah, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Dec 4, 2011 at 2:18 AM
    07TacoRidah

07TacoRidah [OP] SHHHH, this is interesting

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Base Model Access Cab
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
  2. Dec 4, 2011 at 9:53 AM
    dubbedSinner

dubbedSinner blisters

Member:
    Lowered 3/4, debadged, led tails, projector headlights with hids, billet grill, blacked out windows, painted front and rear bumper and grill shell. Inside, 4 crappy 15's, suede wrapped headliner and door panel inserts, alpine double din, few painted pieces inside, and every led is either blue or white.
    lol, I bet one of those drills would make a huge difference trying to drill out that hole there. Are you having some camber problems now with the drop?

3. Dec 4, 2011 at 1:44 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    OMG you wouldn't BELIEVE!!!!!! I tried to see if my reg. drill would fit, not really much help even without the drill bit on. :( camber isn't bad really. lol I noticed it a little but it's due to me always staring at my truck every little second here and there (I have a habit of doing that with my builds :p). 1" drop from stock isn't bad, from what I see, it's not much of a tilt to the wheels, but when you go passed, maybe like 1.75", that's when you would definitely need to start thinking about relocating the uca. I kind of hate that they uca was put on like that, leaves no room to adjust, you would think by now ALL dealerships know that more than half their buyers will be augmenting their purchased vehicle someway or another (hell they made the wheel wells large enough to fit larger rims).

4. Dec 4, 2011 at 2:43 PM
    dubbedSinner

dubbedSinner blisters

Member:
    Lowered 3/4, debadged, led tails, projector headlights with hids, billet grill, blacked out windows, painted front and rear bumper and grill shell. Inside, 4 crappy 15's, suede wrapped headliner and door panel inserts, alpine double din, few painted pieces inside, and every led is either blue or white.
    I wouldn't even worry about it then. Just get it aligned(sp.?). If it isn't too far off there will be enough room to adjust it and get it back to spec.

5. Dec 4, 2011 at 2:56 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    lol, haven't even gotten an alignment. although tested it several times and it drives straight (enough for me). Went to an open parking lot (Rose Bowl, famous out in Dena), drove up and down for a while seeing if the steering wheel would go nuts on me, nothing. BUT FOR SURE getting the alignment done when I install for the final portion of my 2 to 3 drop.

* Side note, saw the classifieds on Ryans SS coils sale. From what I read on there, the XR springs are about 0.5" lower than the Base models or 5 lugs. So I may end up adding in some washers to even out the front drop (still looks like the front is higher than the rear to me, which I really hate).

6. Dec 5, 2011 at 11:33 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    if I had the funds to make this I SO WOULD (the uca). The heim's would allow to correct camber (seen something like this on a lowered El Camino at a homies shop once). Plus that ball joint is the TITS!!!!!!

2011-04-01_151806.jpg

7. Dec 5, 2011 at 2:01 PM
    dubbedSinner

dubbedSinner blisters

Member:
    jeebus ball joints are tits. I know some people that could make arms like that for you. I personally wouldn't want to have heims though.

8. Dec 6, 2011 at 9:10 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    lol, I know right? I might be going this route, and if I do I am surely making the edges more smoother,round and so it won't crack. It's a bitch in that little area, but if I have to, I will be removing the fender in order to get the room I need to get what I want (don't mind that, rule of a build someone told me was "Do it RIGHT the first time."). :D Also have to switch up plans for my load leveling set-up, damn 4" sleeve bags won't line up right, was talking to a friend of mine (old college buddy), he showed me some air shocks that VW Beetles use some times up front (imo I wouldn't). Still looking into all that.

RIGHT??? LOVE THEM, Always used to have problems with my ball joints breaking on me. This one I have seen several builders use and they do seem very sturdy, at least more than the regular ones I have used (I use Power Performance or something, they have an angled ball joint .... but I will be bagging this one later on down the road so it won't do me any good). True, the ones I want (if I can ever afford them), would have bushing ends like how they have the link bars. That way I can adjust for the neg. camber easily and not have to move the arm up an 1". Also it would pretty much take the form, or close to, of the DJM uca's in their 3/4 drop kit. Although I'm just dropping it for now I am still going to bag it and don't want to waste redoing another pair.

9. Dec 6, 2011 at 9:14 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    cool info on the SS Coils

Pair of Sittin Sic stock height X-Runner coils.

Background and Information.
    Stock height for X-runners is about .5" lower than base model 4 cylinder trucks.
    Coils are rated at 950 pounds per inch, so they are very stiff and improve handling.
    They are custom made by Eibach for Sittin Sic and are powder coated black; and they have never been installed.
    They will cost you $300 shipped.

Why so much?
    One, they're fucking rare as shit bro!
    Two, I waited for a long ass time and didn't think I'd even get them.
    Three, you won't have to wait more than a couple days, instead of the 9 months I did.

What to expect if you have an X-Runner.
    You can expect these to actually raise your vehicle by just a kunt hair until they settle in.
    Why? Because they're brand new and your coils have some miles on them.

What to expect if you have a base model.
    You can expect these to raise your vehicle by about half an inch until they settle in.
    Why? Because your stock springs are nowhere near this stiff and your engine is significantly lighter than an X-Runner engine.

10. Dec 6, 2011 at 9:14 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    SS = Sittin Sic
    950 = 950 ppi
    T = ?
    XR = X-Runner
    SH = Stock Height

11. Dec 6, 2011 at 11:43 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    new load leveling option. just have to find out what the part number is for these. The first is for a VW Beetle, the second, not really sure but I would like to get this type, not the one with the HUGE tube covering the bag.

5Q15W05P43n33m13l9bb9fd730d8314c61aa8.jpg
    3477283.jpg

12. Dec 17, 2011 at 6:59 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
  13. Dec 18, 2011 at 12:41 AM
    pinktaco808

pinktaco808 Hot Steppa

Member:
    oook it a dead link

14. Dec 18, 2011 at 8:09 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    one more time

http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147883

if not here is what Phil posted:
    Title - Need BOLTS!!!!!!!!
    Posting -

15. Dec 19, 2011 at 7:28 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    don't mind this, measurements for DVM plans

2 1/8" Wx 1 5/8" H

16. Dec 27, 2011 at 2:45 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
  17. Dec 28, 2011 at 9:24 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    yup - a couple posts up. Dubbed found it.

Grade 8 M16-1.5x75 bolts

when you take your OE spindle bolt, they will think you are looking for a flange bolt, not sure if they are made long enough (was having a hell of a time trying to find out the lengths). I was SOOOOOO damn close though, it was the threading that was setting me back so much BUT patience prevailed and well :D
    keep in mind though it is a VERY tough bolt to find.

18. Dec 28, 2011 at 6:32 PM
    dubbedSinner

dubbedSinner blisters

Member:
    I think they are a few places online that it can be found at, like mcmaster-carr

19. Dec 29, 2011 at 10:04 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    lol no worries. NICE, I might want to go a little higher (found some lock nuts that are 1/4" thick, although I am not sure if they are grade 8 yet).

20. Jan 18, 2012 at 12:19 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    took some measurements, front is about 30 5/8", and the rear is about 31.5". Hopefully I can get that 1" from the springs, then I'm going to add in a washer for ea. bolt to give 1/8" so I can have about 29.5" up front. The rear lo pro bump is about 2" from the axle as of now. Adding in an extra 1" to the rear drop will get me to 30.5" but I will end up having the lo pro bump either resting on/not even a finger distance from the axle (which is where the air shocks will come into play).

Products Discussed in

To Top