1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Audio Project with Help from Mr. Marv

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by boogieinthebay, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Jan 21, 2012 at 11:17 AM
    boogieinthebay

boogieinthebay [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    06 Taco PreRunner
    Day Star 2.5 Lift, 33" BF Muds, 17" Pro Comp Wheels, Magna flow Muffler with 3" tip, K&N Drop in Air Filter, Undercover Bed Cover, OEM LED Tail Lights, Redline Hood Shocks, Eclipse Navi/DVD System with Back up Camera, Mr. Marv Custom Sub Enclosure/Amp Board, 10" ARC Sub, 5 channel ARC Amp, Hybrid Audio Clarus/Imagine, Viper Alarm with Remote Start, OEM All Weather Floor Mats
    Finally completed my audio install with Mr. Marv's custom built enclosure, 6.5 Hybrid Audio Clarus up front, Imagine's in the back, 10" Arc Audio sub, 5 channel Arc Audio amp, and Monster Cable wiring. For the head unit I'm using my previous Eclipse AVN6600.

This was my first ever custom install and ran in a couple of issues, like short circuiting my original amp- US Amps. The whole process with this project took approximately 6+ months! After going through these delays and trial and errors, I think I'm an expert now on installs for our DD Tacos!

I want to thank Mr. Marv for being so patient with me and offered superb support and customer service. I think I would of gave up without his guidance and wisdom. I've tried getting help form local audio shops, but was taken by fast talking, shady, dishonest idiots! My point, YOU CAN TRUST AND DEPEND ON MR. MARV!

My set up sounds very clean and crystal clear. QUALITY SOUND is what I was going for and achieved it!

On to the next project!

100_2355.jpg
    100_2366.jpg
    100_2369.jpg
    100_2373.jpg
    100_2374.jpg
    100_2378.jpg
    100_2377.jpg
    100_2384.jpg
    100_2452.jpg
    100_2462.jpg

2. Jan 21, 2012 at 11:23 AM
    saitcho

saitcho Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Orleans
    Vehicle:
    '11 DC 4x4 trd off road
    looks good. I have an almost identical setup with a 10" arc sub and hybrid clarus in the front.

3. Jan 21, 2012 at 11:32 AM
    TennesseeFan76

TennesseeFan76 I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Member:
    First Name:
    Phill Goodfactor
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner DCLB
    3 inch lift, Debadged, 5% Tint, Custom Stereo, BHLM, Fog Light Mod, Sockmonkey Decals, OEM Bedmat, Plasti Dip Front Valence, Slims 6K HIDs (thanks goes to TheGloryFades), Hyper yellow fog lights, LED interior lights, Satoshi Grille with FJ Emblem, Pro Comp lights behind Satoshi, FatMat
    Looks Great!

4. Jan 22, 2012 at 3:59 PM
    ThreeMan

ThreeMan Opinions Vary...

Member:
    Oswego, NY
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 V6 TRD DCLB
    King Remote Resi Suspension - Total Chaos UCAs - Full Katzkin Leather - Leer Camper Shell - Custom Projector Halo Headlights - HID Fogs - Eagle Eye LED tail lights - Rigid Industries LED Light Bar Mounted in Bumper - Wade In-channel Vent Visors - K&N Filter - 20% on the fronts - Dakar Progressive Leafs - Fuel Beast Wheels wrapped in Hankook Dynapro ATMs - 4 Tie Down Mod - Pop N Lock - Billet Grille - Weathertech Mats - LED Map and Dome Lights - Optima Yellow Top - Redline Elite Hood Struts - Tunes: Eclipse 7100 HU - Eclipse IPC-106 Interface - Audison LRX 5.1K - Hertz Mille MLK2 Components - JL 13TW5 - JL cables and wires - Fully Deadened with SDS products - Metra dash kit - Custom Sub Box and Amp Rack - Still Under Construction.
    Well done.

5. Jan 28, 2012 at 5:37 PM
    RedzTaco43

RedzTaco43 Active Member

Member:
    Sugar Land
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner Trd
    Here's a tip from when i did mine :

Take a dremel to the back of the coin tray flip down thing that is holding you bass knob, and cut out a hole and run the cable in the back of it. One little thing that looks really clean.

I love details so just a tip

6. Jan 29, 2012 at 6:06 AM
    06SR5canada

06SR5canada Well-Known Member

Member:
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    06 dblcab SR5
    2ndary air filter removed, flowmaster 40
    ^^dont forget a rubber grommet, makes it look 1000x cleaner

7. Jan 30, 2012 at 10:32 AM
    YotaComa22

YotaComa22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Auburn, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD SPORT
    3" ToyTec Lift kit with ultra Goliath wheels and general grabber tires for now.
    very nice, how does it sound with the seats up though? I've been thinking about doing something like this but I don't wanna lose seating....like a totally factory look ya know what I mean?

8. Jan 30, 2012 at 3:35 PM
    NOCENTS

NOCENTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Arm pit of Cali
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD DC needin some lovin
    loooooong list of mods coming as soon as I finish the audio/video system
    Looks good!!! And cant agree more that Mr Marv is a very helpful and extreamly patient!!!

9. Jan 30, 2012 at 9:33 PM
    boogieinthebay

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    06 Taco PreRunner
    Day Star 2.5 Lift, 33" BF Muds, 17" Pro Comp Wheels, Magna flow Muffler with 3" tip, K&N Drop in Air Filter, Undercover Bed Cover, OEM LED Tail Lights, Redline Hood Shocks, Eclipse Navi/DVD System with Back up Camera, Mr. Marv Custom Sub Enclosure/Amp Board, 10" ARC Sub, 5 channel ARC Amp, Hybrid Audio Clarus/Imagine, Viper Alarm with Remote Start, OEM All Weather Floor Mats
    Great! Thank you for the tip!

10. Jan 30, 2012 at 9:36 PM
    boogieinthebay

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    06 Taco PreRunner

Sorry for being ignornant, but where do I put it? Can you post a pic? Thanks!

11. Jan 30, 2012 at 9:46 PM
    boogieinthebay

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    06 Taco PreRunner
    It sounds excellent with the seats up. There is really no difference with seat up or down. If anything, it has deeper bass with it up.

The door speakers are amazing! This was recommended by Mr Marv with my budget and it sounds like I spent a lot more! I'm now a believer of Hybrid Audio. I had some AUDIOFILE co-workers listen to them, and they were very impressed.

Just go for it! But enjoy the project and plan it out...research, research, research.

Oh BTW, Mr Marv can get most of your audio stuff for you. I had my enclosure built and bought everything from him.

12. Jan 30, 2012 at 9:58 PM
    boogieinthebay

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    06 Taco PreRunner
    Thanks for all the positive feedback! Those who are wondering if I was going to install sound deadening, YES! As I newbie, I want to hear the difference myself, so I can give an honest and accurate opinion.

Again, with Mr. Marv's recommendation, I will be getting RAAMAUDIO brand. Don't get taken from other brands! I did and returned it! Live and learned I guess.

13. Jan 30, 2012 at 10:06 PM
    boogieinthebay

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    06 Taco PreRunner
    Thanks! Can you post some pictures of your set up? Also, how do you like the Hybrid Clarus?

14. Feb 20, 2012 at 2:56 AM
    acrossawire

acrossawire Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB 4x4 Sport
    Icon Coilovers & AAL
    getting ready to pull the trigger on an almost identical setup: 6.5 Hybrid Audio Clarus up front, Imagine's in the back, 10" Arc Audio sub, 5 channel Alpine PDX-5 amp, planning on keeping the factory head unit.

Sounds like a few of you have this/similar set up- Love to hear your experience & any advice before i jump in

15. Feb 20, 2012 at 9:44 AM
    06SR5canada

06SR5canada Well-Known Member

Member:
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    06 dblcab SR5
    2ndary air filter removed, flowmaster 40
    rubber grommets go in the hole you drilled

16. Feb 20, 2012 at 5:30 PM
    boogieinthebay

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    06 Taco PreRunner
    Gotcha...I undersatnd that part, but I don't have any exposed drill holes. Am I over looking something? Thanks!

17. Feb 22, 2012 at 9:15 AM
    Cinco

Cinco Team no taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Rio Rancho,NM
    Vehicle:
    2012 Civic Ex Coupe
    Looking good. I love DCs with good looking systems! I also like HAT/ARC combos.

18. Apr 5, 2012 at 10:50 PM
    HonoluluTaco

HonoluluTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Koi
    Reston Virginia
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD 4x4 OffRoad DC/SB
    2010 TRD OffRoad DC/SB, 285/70/17 KM2's, Mickey Thompson Classic Locks, Total Chaos UCA's King 2.5 RR Coilover 3" AllPro Leaf Pack, 2.0 Fox RR, Ubolt flip kit, MBRP dual cat back, URD TCAI and MAF Calibrator, TRD Sport Hood w/ scoop, E&G Classics Custom Stainless Grill, Color matched grill and door handles WeatherTech floor mats, FormulaOne Pinacle 15%+Air blue windshield Tint, RedLine hood struts, TRD 3rd Brake light Decal, Relentless Fab Hybrid 2 piece Sliders with Kick out Relentless Fab Aluminum Front bumper, Relentless steel rear bumper, Relentless Steel IFS B.A.M.F LCA Skids, w/ Rear Diff Skid ordered In my Spare room waiting to be installed sits, Wet Okoles, Illuminated 4x4 switch mod, SockMonkey Hawaii TRD OffRoad Decal, Big box of Rammat, Speakers and Custom Sub from Mr.Marv,
    Sweet, thanks for the write up, I am looking into the same set up, and you just reconfirmed what my research has led me to, I will email Mr. Marv tonight.

19. Apr 6, 2012 at 1:15 AM
    idgara007

idgara007 Active Member

Member:
    tx/CA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport double cab
    the first guy meant to put a rubber grommet when you drill a hole for the bass knob thing :) instead of a plain hole in the back of the coin tray

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  20. Apr 6, 2012 at 6:30 AM
    ZMan2k2

ZMan2k2 “Hold my beer and watch this!”

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    ‘Berta
    Vehicle:
    06 Rad Red DCLB SR5
    On that last picture, the sub looks really close to the plastic backing on the seat. I would consider removing the backing, just to make sure the excursion on the sub doesn't hit the seat. Other than that, looks like you did a great job. You should be proud.

Products Discussed in

To Top