1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My C4 Fabrication Experience....

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by CO_0321er, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Apr 16, 2018 at 12:29 PM
    CO_0321er

CO_0321er [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    @C4 Fabrication

A business study showed that 95% of customers who had a bad customer service shared their experience with someone else. The percentage of people who shared after receiving great customer service is far lower. I feel the need to share my experience with C4 Fabrication, because it was fantastic, and that rarely happens now a days with companies in this realm.

To start, I am in no way shape or form affiliated with C4. I am not provided any compensation for writing this. I am just overly satisfied with their customer service.

I ordered their HC rear bumper with swing out for my ’17 Tacoma back around Christmas time. I think it was around an 8 week lead time, and they had it done a few days early of 8 weeks. Yeah, nothing special there, just a company doing what they said they are going to do (but that’s better than a lot of other fab shops who fall behind on their leads). Along the process I remember checking out their Instagram live feeds to see if I’d see it being built. Every time I was on I messaged and asked if they had started it, they responded every time and showed me progress. Pretty cool if you’d ask me.

Bumper is completed and I called and had them cancel my shipping as I was going to have a friend pick it up for me. They refunded my shipping charge within minutes of getting off the phone. The next day I called them again and have them ship it because my plans fell through. Obviously I paid the shipping charge, but this is just the start of them being patient and willing to work with me.

I get the bumper and run it to the powder-coater, when I dropped it off I realized C4 forgot to send my the back up camera relocation kit. I got home and shot them an email, Kylie responded within an hour and timely had the kit in the mail. It showed up on my doorstep 2 days later, along with a patch that I asked for. Again, this is how a company should act, right? Too bad you hear countless stories on here of people complaining about not being able to get ahold of a shop, or the shop ignoring them all together. Not the case with C4.

One day after I installed the bumper, I had the swing arm open and it was bumped… The pin that locks the gate open snapped off at the welds. Every single weld on this bumper looked perfect. It was just an unfortunate snap. I took pictures and reached out to them yet again. After explaining my situation, they offered to help in any way they can. I expressed the fact that I am going to have to grind down the powder-coat in the area for the repair, and be forced to pry the seals out in order to get it painted again. I asked for a new pin mount and seals be sent to me, they said roger that, and got them in the mail. A debacle with USPS not finding my address and sending it back to C4 added to the riot that was already happening, and forced me to go to Moab with a gate that doesn’t lock open (no big deal).

Finally after receiving the parts, I was able to get the repair completed at a local welding shop since I am not 100% confident in my welding skills. I also had a shop weld in support braces for the pin to ensure it didn’t happen again. Following the repair I had the swing arm re powder-coated.

I don’t want to dive into how things were paid for as I don’t want future customers taking advantage of the system. Lets just say C4 has the customer experience in mind, and they are one shop I will return to, not even because of the awesome bumper they built, but because of the way they handled this issue, and the way they put the customer first. Thanks C4.

All of this seems petty, and “that’s how a company is supposed to do things”. That’s absolutely right, but seldom does a company bend backward for a customer like this.

If you are on the fence between companies and armor to choose, I vouch for C4s awesome quality, and customer service that many shops could learn from.

Ill get some pictures of the bumper and the repairs up shortly

2. Apr 16, 2018 at 3:22 PM
    CO_0321er

CO_0321er [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Picture of the re enforcement gussets I had welded on. Welds aren’t nearly as nice as C4s. But I’m sure with this re enforcement, that pin ain’t going no where this time.

Also a pic of the bumper :thumbsup:

730FC1B0-81B1-450F-A931-B6678E98ABD2.jpg
    27FC5961-C894-46FF-8407-69F0F4599A71.jpg

3. Apr 16, 2018 at 3:27 PM
    Gunshot-6A

Gunshot-6A Prime Beef

Member:
    First Name:
    Conner
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Offroad
    I had very similar levels of service when I ordered my bed rack from them. Figured I would chime in on the positive reviews!

Now if only they made their HC bumper for a 2nd gen...

CO_0321er[OP] likes this.
  4. Apr 19, 2018 at 7:29 AM
    C4 Fabrication

C4 Fabrication Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB Sport
    2" lift, 285/70/17 BFG TA KO2's, baja bumper, bedrack with swing out, CVT RTT, Leather interior, heated seats, JBL, remote start, K&N intake, Hood Scoop LED lightbar mod.

Thank you so much for your honest review of the service and product we provided to you! Its great that you explained the whole scenario and the fact that we did make a mistake in not having the stop pin welded on securely enough (which is something that i addressed with my fab department immediately) and that we also did what we needed to make it right. We do our best to provide a great customer experience and a quality product while trying to stay on track with projected lead times. Our company is experiencing growing pains and we are striving to adapt as quickly as possible. Customers and reviews like this help us zero in on the areas we can improve, we really appreciate the feedback! It's also very encouraging and motivating for us when we get to hear 100% honest feedback from a customer.
    Again, thanks so much!!

marinemonkey and JBadWulf like this.
To Top