1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My first new vehicle (Longest INTRO thread)

Discussion in 'New Members' started by sawdust, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Dec 29, 2020 at 7:47 PM
    DomForReal

DomForReal New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma Off Road Army Green
    Hey, guys! Just picked up my Tacoma yesterday. Excited to be here and not be a lurker anymore!

Vmax88 and EdgemanVA like this.
  2. Dec 30, 2020 at 4:00 AM
    96TacoParadise

96TacoParadise Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    1996 tacoma regular cab 4x4 automatic paradise blue
    I'm not fooling anyone, I have no idea what I'm doing beyond standard vehicle maintenance. Most of the previous modifications were done by previous owners. All maintenance done by local shop. Purchased at 228k miles for $3900; younger ~120k 2.7L engine installed at 230k for $9k...ouch. 31" Toyo Open Country M/T Replaced previous shocks/struts with KYB Monomax at 233k miles. Looks to have a 3" body lift in rear. Leaf springs seem to be sagging quite a bit. Currently have a rattling left front wheel (I'm told it's the CV joint and/or axle). Goals: Fix front left CV issue. (Diff drop?) Refresh leaf springs. Build a sleeping platform for comfort camping/base camp. (Auxiliary power?) Replace bench seat with 60/40 preferably or reupholster. Tackle more trails. Improve ride without excessive modifications to classic look. Debating winch/light bar. Don't break more things. Competing interests: Possibly want to buy a house(boat?) Want to enjoy the PNW non-motorized outdoors. Want to acquire pricey toys to propel myself down mountains.
    Quick hello here at 4 am Pacific time! I've had my 96 Tacoma 4x4 for a little over a year now. We've already had some disagreements but hopefully I'll be able to take better care of her now.

3. Jan 1, 2021 at 8:10 PM
    MeatballsVSTacoma

MeatballsVSTacoma New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red Tacoma
    Brought it back to life after it was neglected for a little while
    From Ontario, Canada here! Picked up and brought back to life a 2006 Tacoma AC 4x4 4banger Manual trans (US Vehicle), I’m still working on it but she’s almost ready to go! Keeping most of it stock as much as possible.
    5F0FC407-E499-4620-995B-250C2F70EB04.jpg

EdgemanVA likes this.
  4. Jan 12, 2021 at 4:09 AM
    daddyrack

daddyrack New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Vehicle:
    2021 Toyota Tacoma Trail Special Edition
    Bed storage delete, Truxedo tonneau cover, all LED lighting, rekgen mudflaps, OEM bed lighting, door sill protectors.
    After 15 years of being a very loyal GM owner, Colorado's, Canyons, and a Silverado. I finally made the switch. Picked a 2021 Trail Special Edition a few weeks ago. Glad I waited to find this gem but at the same time I wish I would have done this sooner.

taco.jpg

Vmax88 and EdgemanVA like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top