1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My first new vehicle (Longest INTRO thread)

Discussion in 'New Members' started by sawdust, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Oct 5, 2007 at 12:59 PM
    sawdust

sawdust [OP] Unapologetic Texan

Member:
    Frisco, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad Radiant Red V6 Auto DC
    Homelink mirror, tailgate lock, 2ndary air filter removal, Access LE tonneau, Bugflector II, hitch-based bed extender, vent visors, suspension TSB, stall mat
    My son's name is Luke. When we were deciding on names my wife almost veto'd it when I did the breathy "Luke, I am your father."

How soon will this thread roll over onto page 4? My life will be fulfilled at that point.

2. Oct 8, 2007 at 6:14 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    congrats sawdust, you are officially on page 4, which i think may be the longest intro thread ever on this site. BTW, i hate to say this, but i love the name Luke, and was planning on naming my 1st kid that if he is a boy. But i guess i cant do that now, the little bastard will remind me of Texas everytime i look at him!!!

Spare Parts likes this.
  3. Oct 8, 2007 at 11:33 AM
    sawdust

Member:
    Frisco, TX
    Vehicle:
    Homelink mirror, tailgate lock, 2ndary air filter removal, Access LE tonneau, Bugflector II, hitch-based bed extender, vent visors, suspension TSB, stall mat
    Well, you already got one tie to Texas, cousin. What's one more?

Longest intro thread: WOOHOO!
    Softening nd up about Texans: Priceless

Spare Parts likes this.
  4. Oct 8, 2007 at 12:10 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    Yep, it won't be long now and ND will be inviting you Texas boys into the Alliance. :D

Sawdust...I am trying to do what I can to get you to page 5! ;)

5. Oct 8, 2007 at 12:47 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    I gotta admit, its hard to hate you sawdust, you seem so likeable, but i am determined to keep up my irrational hatred of all Texans

6. Oct 8, 2007 at 3:46 PM
    sawdust

Member:
    Frisco, TX
    Vehicle:
    He did invite me. On this thread. Somewhere back yonder. It was when I denied his ultimatum to join that he began the animosities. I'm the good guy here.

Page 5!?! Do I dare hope? There's got to be a special badge or something for that.

7. Oct 9, 2007 at 5:46 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    I admit, i did give you a chance to work for us as our spy. However, you turned me down and in the process made a very dangerous and powerful enemy. Now that i realize you're a true Texan, i dont want anything to do with you.... or your hat

8. Oct 9, 2007 at 8:18 AM
    sawdust

Member:
    Frisco, TX
    Vehicle:
    :rolleyes:

That would be hats. You gotta have both a straw and a felt to wear depending on the weather. If you're going to insult them, at least do it accurately.

Ya know, we represent the states that are bookends to the War Between the States (I can't say either Civil War or War of Northern Aggression with a straight face). The first battle was fought in SC, the last battle was fought in TX. Yes, it's true. The Battle of Palmeto Ranch at the mouth of the Rio Grande. Sure it was a month after Lee surrendered, but news didn't travel so fast in those days. Those newfangled cellphone cans-n-string you got in SC these days didn't reach that far.

This has been your history lesson for the day. Back to the regularly scheduled attempt to stretch my intro thread.

9. Oct 9, 2007 at 8:45 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    To be honest..... i have a cowboy hat.... i know, i'm ashamed to say it. But i'm going bald and keep my hair at about 1/8 of an inch, so it gets burned in the sun. I look stupid in ball caps, so i got a straw hat for when i'm at the beach or lake so my head doesnt turn bright red. But i want to make it very clear that the hat is for medical purposes only and does not affiliate me with Texas in any way.

I'm starting to see how this thread is going to work. due to my Narcisistic (sp) nature, i always have to have the last word. and sawdust wants this to be the longest intro thread ever, so he is going to respond to anyone that posts on it. and in turn, i will re-post just to have the last word. As a result, my prediciton is that in 1 year, this will be the longest thread in the history of the internet, thanks to sawdusts determination and my self centered narcisistic need for attention..... this is gonna go on for a while....

10. Oct 9, 2007 at 11:01 AM
    sawdust

Member:
    Frisco, TX
    Vehicle:
    Let me guess, the moonshine is also "for medical purposes only" -- rhumatism.

I can tell by the crease in a man's hat whether it affiliates him to Texas or not.

Zat is very eenteresting. Please lie down on ze couch, Mr. Couch and tell me about your relationship vit your mother.

11. Oct 9, 2007 at 11:07 AM
    sawdust

Member:
    Frisco, TX
    Vehicle:
    I need some advice. I come in to work this morning and what do I see in the parking lot? Another taco just like mine! :eek: Radiant Red, double-cab, TRD Off-road. What's a guy to do? I know they say that imitation is the finest form of flattery, and this other guy obviously has good taste in trucks, but I feel like a prom queen who just found out another girl is wearing the same dress!

OK, not exactly like that, but you know what I mean.

Spare Parts likes this.
  12. Oct 9, 2007 at 11:16 AM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    Hopefully you will find that it belongs to a hot babe in which case it is probably ok. Otherwise, it sounds like you are going to have to get busy modding yours to make it better than his! Let the competition begin.

13. Oct 9, 2007 at 12:22 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    Rhumatism is a very serious affliction and we need our white lightning to feel better.... and go blind. I wouldnt consider my hat a real cowboy hat. Its the kind that curls up on each side and the front and back dip down real low... and its from wal-mart.

In response to your problem about the other dude wearing the same dress as you.... i think the only thing you can do is start modding the hell out of it. Go all black :)

14. Oct 9, 2007 at 2:48 PM
    sawdust

Member:
    Frisco, TX
    Vehicle:
    Ah, then you're completely safe. No Texan would claim something like that.

No no no. Let me talk slow so you can understand. The dress thing was an a-n-a-l-o-g-y. I don't really wear a dress. A dress would clash with my cowboy boots.

I think I will play up the red and black color scheme. Black nerf bars, tonneau, bull bar maybe. But really, I was wanting to spend my initial mod money on performance, not looks. But if I don't, I just know that one day I'm going to be standing there in the parking lot pushing my remote door unlock button like mad until I remember I parked on the other side of the lot. At which point I'll quickly glance around hoping that nobody saw me.

rhoppas, I like your theory best, 'cept I'm married. Still, like I always say "Just because you're on a diet, it don't mean you can't look at dessert."

Spare Parts likes this.
  15. Oct 10, 2007 at 5:04 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    "Anal orgy?" What does that have to do with you wearing a dress? Look, i have no idea why you're using "anal orgies" to explain why you wear a dress but this is a fairly clean site and we dont need you dirty Texans gettin' turning it all weird. I had no idea Texans were all freaky, but i guess you're living proof....

16. Oct 10, 2007 at 8:16 AM
    sawdust

Member:
    Frisco, TX
    Vehicle:
    There ain't no 'r' in analogy. Your dirty mind added that. Spending too much time with sh!t disturbers I suspect.

17. Oct 10, 2007 at 12:12 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    And there is no "ain't" in "is not".

18. Oct 10, 2007 at 12:45 PM
    sawdust

Member:
    Frisco, TX
    Vehicle:
    Correct.

Now what was your point? Oh yeah, you're just helping me get to page 5.

19. Oct 10, 2007 at 1:15 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    No, i'm trying to have the last word, you're trying to get to page 5

Spare Parts likes this.
  20. Oct 10, 2007 at 2:26 PM
    sawdust

Member:
    Frisco, TX
    Vehicle:
    It really bugs you that you're helping me achieve my goals, doesn't it?

Spare Parts likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top