1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My goal is to use the factory headset.

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by mrrrkva, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Dec 27, 2010 at 9:27 PM
    mrrrkva

mrrrkva [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Staunton, Va
    Ok, I have amps, crossovers and speakers in my basement. Is the factory headunit that comes with bluetooth and 6 disc changer ok??? Can you reduce the wattage and run into RCA cables to run to the amps??? Is there something out there already made for this? Any build pages using the factory sh*t?

My goal is to have a factory look and great sound...., Is it possible?

2. Dec 27, 2010 at 9:37 PM
    A7XT

A7XT Reppin UWYO

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    WYOMING
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD Sport V6 Silver
    BRUTEFORCE FAB HYBRID BUMPER!, 1.5 AAL, 5100 at 2.5" in front, foglight and DRL mod, fully de-badged, diff-breather mod, aux backup lights, rear view switch on mod, full husky floor liners, yellow wire mod, black action packer toolbox, Rockford P3SD412 sub on a hifonics Zues, Pioneer 4200DVD, hitch recovery shackle, Toyota Ski racks over bed, 55W Bixenon 6000K, Rigid 4" LED bars on bumper, Black Ultra Thunder 17" rims
    It is possible. Whether you have the nonJBL or JBL headunit you will need a line out converter to hook into speaker wires and get the music RCA signal to input to your amps. Here is a really good Line out converter that i recently used to install a sub into my 09 JBL factory amplified system. It is just a 2 channel but you can get a 4 channel too:

http://www.davidnavone.com/cart.asp?24&cat=7

3. Dec 30, 2010 at 9:04 AM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    Factory look yes. Great sound no. The factory head unit is an insurmountable obstacle to great sound. Good sound should be your goal.

Products Discussed in

To Top