1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My hidden wire Grom Ipod Setup/ Bargain Black Exhaust Tip

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RSH904, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Apr 6, 2010 at 6:40 PM

RSH904 [OP] Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Akron, Oh
    Red and Black Attack
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau Painted Stock Wheels De Badged Yellow Fogs AVS Bugflector II UWS Running Boads Hunter Bully Bar HD Satoshi
    A couple small mods

1. Grom Audio Ipod Interface came. Easy as hell to install. Works great. I already had the Bracketron Vent Clip ($10 at Best Buy). I left the Grom unit behind the radio and brought the wire out through a small notch i cut out at the corner of the 4x4 switch (you have to take out the 4x4 switch to install anyways). This way I dont have a wire hanging all over.

2. Probably not too exciting to most of you but I wanted a nice clean black ceramic exhaust tip. Since they are really expensive I did up a cheap alternative. I bought a cheapy stainless tip from Autozone ($20) scuffed it up and hit it with about 8 coats of high temp paint ($6). Had to trim off about 2.5 inches from the tail pipe so it didnt stick out too far. Clamped it on and drove all weekend. No issues at all. I think it looks better than it did for $26.

To Top