1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My interview in Colorado

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by NetMonkey, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Apr 12, 2010 at 8:19 AM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4

Cool, My girlfriend works in Westminster at the Banfield Emergency Vet Clinic. I was actually in Denver this weekend. Flew in saturday morning, went to copper mountain saturday night to go see Pepper in concert, then had dinner in Winter Park. Flew out sunday afternoon :D. It was her birthday so I wanted to be there with her.

2. Apr 12, 2010 at 8:28 AM
    Richman21

Richman21 I think therefore I'm a Democrat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    09 DC Sport PreRunner
    Hardwire radar detector. Tube steps.
    I used to live in Westminster. 80th and Sheridan, loved everthing about Denver/Westminster... well except didn't know there was a train track about 100 ft from my apt., great lesson learned on my first apt out from parents house. Congrats on your job! Colorado is great.

3. Apr 12, 2010 at 2:15 PM
    hendooman

hendooman The Stroker Ace

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma OR (SOLD); 2015 TRD PRO 4Runner
    Toytec TRD PRO LIFT with 1.5 SAW in rear, 255 Coopers, Baja Rack, Southern Style Front Bumper, Warn Wireless Winch, DeMello Sliders.
    I know you are probably in the know since you are still at EA, but I just saw this on yahoo...

NEW YORK – Two studio executives recently fired by Activision and accused of inappropriately meeting with a rival company said Monday that they will create games to be distributed exclusively by one such competitor, Electronic Arts Inc.
    Jason West and Vince Zampella have formed a development studio, Respawn Entertainment, and its games will be published and distributed by EA. As the heads of Respawn Entertainment, West and Zampella will own the intellectual property they create. "Respawn" is a video game term used to describe a dead character coming back to life.
    The two had sued Activision Blizzard Inc. for more than $36 million in March, claiming that Activision fired them to avoid paying hefty royalties for their work on the popular "Call of Duty" franchise.
    The latest game, "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2," has reaped more than $1 billion in sales after breaking entertainment industry records at its launch last fall.
    Last week, Activision filed a countersuit against West and Zampella, saying they were fired for good cause for insubordination and for attempts to poach key employees from the company. In its lawsuit, Activision claims the two had met with a key gaming rival, in violation of their employment contract.
    Although the lawsuit does not name the rival, it states that were flown by the rival to Northern California. Electronic Arts, which is Activision's main rival and produces a competitor franchise "Medal of Honor," is based in Northern California's Redwood City.
    West and Zampella's attorney, Robert M. Schwartz, called the countersuit's claims "false and outrageous" on Friday.
    Financial terms were of the deal with EA were not disclosed.
    Shares of Activision, which is based in Santa Monica, Calif., edged up 2 cents to close at $12.50 Monday, while shares of EA rose 4 cents to $19.40.

4. Apr 12, 2010 at 2:38 PM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    awesome awesome awesome!!!!!! Enjoy the new adventure!!!

5. Apr 16, 2010 at 2:07 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    you lucky devil!!

i hate change. sometimes i think it will take a drastic event like me getting laid off to move from california. colorado would be at the top of my list. again, you lucky dude.
    congrats! my sister lives in denver, she is a PIA. watch out for the black cloud ;)

6. Apr 23, 2010 at 7:37 PM
    NetMonkey

NetMonkey [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Geogetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010, 4x4, DC, off-road, shortbed, automatic
    Toytec Ultimate Lift @ 3", Mickey Thompson MTZ's 285/75/16, Moto Metal 955b, rear 2" ALL, Marlin Crawler sliders
    so, my wife and i made it to colorado. we got the apartment, the movers showed up on time, and we have been unpacking all week.... and we are exhausted. we have a 3 story apartment and i swear that the stairs are growing new steps every couple of hours :) my legs are sore and i am so tired.

we love it her so far and i start work on monday. i think i am going to take this weekend off from unpacking so i can rest a little.

today was 38 degrees and it snowed a little. heres a pic from our bedroom window.
    [​IMG]

7. Apr 23, 2010 at 7:40 PM
    AvsFanTRD

AvsFanTRD Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    rear suspension TSB, sockmonkey bed decals, weathertech floor liners, TRD seat covers, tailgate pop n lock, rear diff breather relocation, center console lock, Viper Alarm, extra D-rings in bed, 5100's on all 4 corners
    ^^^:laugh: welcome to the wonderful world of the rockies

Glad you and the wife made it here fine and all is well so far

8. Apr 24, 2010 at 11:10 AM
    s10nick

s10nick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    nick
    Greeley, CO
    Vehicle:
    base mod. debaged
    3inch hbs lift toytec diff drop grillcraft grill hella 500s conv. to 8k hids xentec hid head light conv. 5% tint more to come
    you know what they say bout colorado give it 10 min and the weather will change

9. Apr 25, 2010 at 10:44 AM
    NetMonkey

NetMonkey [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Geogetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010, 4x4, DC, off-road, shortbed, automatic
    Toytec Ultimate Lift @ 3", Mickey Thompson MTZ's 285/75/16, Moto Metal 955b, rear 2" ALL, Marlin Crawler sliders
    ya, on friday, the morning was cold, then rainy, then stormy, then it snowed, then the sun came out, and at was 65 degrees.... all in about 8 hours :)

oh ya.... i am now NetMonkey :)

To Top