1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Introduction

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Taco in Paradise, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Jul 4, 2016 at 10:39 AM
    Taco in Paradise

Taco in Paradise [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Vehicle:
    2015 Gray Tacoma Sport 4x4- LBDC
    Hi All,
    I am writing from Southwest Florida and have an extensive technical background. I used to make shade tree repairs out of necessity and picked up some basic knowledge during the years.
    I have been reading the helpful tips available on the forum and finally joined up. I have a stock 2015 Tacoma Sport 4x4 and am saving my pennies to improve my ground clearance by a couple of inches. I don't want to negatively impact the suspension geometry. A local mechanic mentioned he could improve the performance and gas mileage by tuning it with his computer. I know how to work on older vehicles, but am not up to date on tuning new computerized systems. I will be looking for the expertise of this forum to keep me on track while I tweak my truck.

2. Jul 4, 2016 at 10:44 AM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
  3. Jul 4, 2016 at 10:45 AM
    ODNAREM

ODNAREM MEMBER Of The Church Of @ODNAREM

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Huntington Beach,CA.
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Prerunner
    TRD catback exhaust,FJ Cruiser trail team wheels,BFG All Terrain K02 tires,Grillcraft front grill,Pelfreybilt IFS/Mid skids,sliders,standard rear bumper,Total Chaos bed stiffeners.TRD Pro Bilstein front/rear suspension.
    Welcome to the TW club!:thumbsup:

4. Jul 4, 2016 at 10:51 AM
    DustStorm4x4

DustStorm4x4 BBC 2020

Member:
    U S A
    Vehicle:
    04 Jeep LJ
    Welcome to TW.

5. Jul 4, 2016 at 12:56 PM
    Taco in Paradise

Taco in Paradise [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Vehicle:
    2015 Gray Tacoma Sport 4x4- LBDC
    After reading many posts about suspension modifications (mostly in this forum), I feel my suspension setup will be conservative if I follow the BFG A/T T/A KAo2T 265/70/R17 tire recommendation with Bilstein 24-186728 (5100's) all around and the Headstrong off road coil lift kit.
    I keep running across mention of a TSB to change rear springs...does this apply to 2015's?
    I want to increase my ground clearance by a couple of inches. I want to be able to haul (travel briskly) off road without worrying about spacers popping out. Don't need to go rock crawling. With the aforementioned coil lift kit, what is the tallest tire I can use without fender, wheel well modifications, or performance issues (other than decreased torque and MPG)?
    Would like to see feedback from folks running a Taco TRD Sport 4x4 dclb with a similar setup. I have always been hesitant to change the originally engineered suspension configurations for fear of ruining a vehicle.
    Should I be putting all of this in a more specific forum?

Products Discussed in

To Top