1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Jaw Surgery Adventure

Discussion in 'Health' started by memario1214, Feb 14, 2013.

1. May 2, 2013 at 10:21 AM

memario1214 [OP] Vivid Illumination Vendor

Oct 1, 2009
    First Name:
    MT recently relocated to Willmar, MN
    05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    TRD Cold Air Intake, rear cat delete with Aero Turbine 2525, Maglite mount mod, white LED's all around, white gauges w/blue needles, Tinted Tails, Morimoto 32" XBAR LED Bar, Truxedo Lo-Pro QT Tonneau, Pioneer AVIC X-920 BT touchscreen, FX-R Retrofit, LR UCAs, OME 3" Lift w/ Dakar leafs, DTLT Headers, Walbro 255 fuel pump, TRD S/C, Hankook Dynapro ATM tires
    Alright so finally time for an update... Last Monday I got the splint out of my mouth which also put me 6 weeks post op. That being said I have been cleared to eat whatever I want and feel that I am capable of eating. It's weird how much you take something like that for granted though. I am still definitely learning how to eat, but progress is coming slowly but surely. I still have complete numbness in my lower lip as well as my entire chin area which I really really hope comes back, especially my lip if I can pick something to come back. With every passing day that hope dwindles just a little bit more... but I am sure I will learn to live with it nonetheless. I'll post up a few pics of the bite with the splint in there (heard to see how intrusive it really was though), and one without for now. I go and see the orthodontist again on Monday at which point some of the presurgery stuff should be removed.

2. May 2, 2013 at 11:58 AM

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes...

Sep 29, 2009
    First Name:
    in the forest
    99 - 3.4L V6 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's front and rear, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners, CVT Mt. Bachelor RTT, custom bed rack & CBI sliders
    Was the numbness thing a possibility that you knew about ahead of time? I don't remember you saying anything about that...
To Top