1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

my life is ruined

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by TanSR5x4, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 23, 2011 at 1:12 PM
    Jeramy89

Jeramy89 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeramy
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    2010 base 4x4
    Damn man that sucks. I understand being upset about the truck everybody hates denting their truck. It will be ok im sure it can be fixed and if not you can replace it just be thankful that your ok.

2. Dec 23, 2011 at 1:15 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Not trying to be an asshole but 'my life is ruined' is overdramatic. Talk to people who have lost close family members in freak car wrecks and you'll soon realize that this isn't a big deal. As far as the money, what's your deductible? It shouldn't be a surprise bill from the adjuster unless you don't have collision insurance. If you don't, you'll have to spend some time at the junk yard to find replacement parts or a donor truck. If the insurance agent does total it, it might be the best thing that ever happened. You'll get a bunch of money for it, buy it back and rebuild it. It looks like it's still driveable and the damage is purely cosmetic. Not trying to be an ass, but life goes on, this is far from the worst thing that could happen to someone.

3. Dec 23, 2011 at 1:19 PM
    TanSR5x4

TanSR5x4 [OP] Hold my beer and watch this

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Houston TX
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Deckplate mod, black KC slimlight fogs, hurculined bed, NRA sticker mod, painted rear chrome bumper black, black fender flares and front grill surround, HIDs, All-pro rear leafs and UCAs, Eibach coilovers, billys all around, flat black pro comps, 31x10.5x15 BFG KM2s
    you know thats always the route i wanted but i dont believe i am ready for it yet. well im ready but i dont think i have the skills or the steady hand to pull off a procedure like that.

ive been thinking about just skipping the solid front axle and banging out my fenders and going straight to 35's on 3 inches of lift. that would look so sick. its just all about the re gear

i do believe i am gonna re paint it all flat tan. and the front bumper is kinda screwed so i might try and make my own crappy front bumper. maybe

4. Dec 23, 2011 at 1:24 PM
    korslite

korslite Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Bellingham, WA
    Vehicle:
    DCLB Sport
    FOX 2.5 RR's, TC UCAs, TC Spindle Gussets, Allpro Expedition leaf pack, Fox 2.O RR w/ Comp adjusters, 17" ATX Artillery, BFG AT 285's, de-scooped, custom sliders, custom bedrack, Brute Force Fab bumpers, Smittybilt XRC8 winch, ARB locked Rear diff
    I want a life where a minor car accident is the WORST thing ever! Like it's been said already, it's just a truck. Insurance will straighten it out and it probably won't be the last time you damage a vehicle in your life. Hopefully you will be able to post about it next time too. Things could be a LOT worse. Be grateful this is what you have to worry about at this time. Glad you are alright. And if you were drinking... Tough luck. Glad you didn't hurt anyone else

5. Dec 23, 2011 at 1:25 PM
    samsung

samsung Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner doublecab TRD Offroad
    undercover lid/Ipod integration kit/Pop n lock/bed rug, fumoto drain valve, full piping Wet Okole covers, Blacked out badges, Lamin-X fog light cover yellow, window tint, ARB deluxe bumper with fog light kit,DSM UCA'S,3 support shrockworks sliders,complete OME lift with 886X coil and dakar leaf spring with 3 degree axle shims and center pin lenghtener,warn VR10000 winch,amsteele blue synthetic rope, daystar winch isolator, daystar delrin rollers, IPF 900xs Extreme Driving H9 Kit 900XSD (900XSD),Horn on fire with shot Penning,
    we got some good rain here in houston and the road are slick.

6. Dec 23, 2011 at 1:25 PM
    TanSR5x4

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Houston TX
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Deckplate mod, black KC slimlight fogs, hurculined bed, NRA sticker mod, painted rear chrome bumper black, black fender flares and front grill surround, HIDs, All-pro rear leafs and UCAs, Eibach coilovers, billys all around, flat black pro comps, 31x10.5x15 BFG KM2s
    no i know your right. ive just been so down on myself for letting it happen. i got full coverage but my deductible is $1000! which is killing me. i just feel like such a dumbass. if i rolled it out on the trails i wouldnt feel half as bad/guilty. and i actually blue booked it and idk if im gonna get a ton of money. i feel like it will barely be enough to cover it all. if it is more SAS and D-4D baby

oh yeah and i figure i better put the sway bar back on if they are coming to look at it

7. Dec 23, 2011 at 1:26 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    You must have been a little impaired...the truck didn't magically fish tail on it's own. If you concider your life is ruined getting into recovery program might not be a bad idea...just sayin.

8. Dec 23, 2011 at 1:28 PM
    korslite

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Bellingham, WA
    Vehicle:
    DCLB Sport
    FOX 2.5 RR's, TC UCAs, TC Spindle Gussets, Allpro Expedition leaf pack, Fox 2.O RR w/ Comp adjusters, 17" ATX Artillery, BFG AT 285's, de-scooped, custom sliders, custom bedrack, Brute Force Fab bumpers, Smittybilt XRC8 winch, ARB locked Rear diff
    Oh yeah one more thing. If you are going to try to cover up what may be seen as a possible contributor to the accident and or tamper with what may be looked at as evidence, so to speak, in the insurance companies eyes, you may want to refrain from posting about it in a public forum... Just sayin.

9. Dec 23, 2011 at 1:29 PM
    korslite

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Bellingham, WA
    Vehicle:
    DCLB Sport
    ^^THIS^^ haha

10. Dec 23, 2011 at 1:29 PM
    Toyoghi

Toyoghi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shoghi
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Double Cab
    Solid tri-fold Tonneau, Deezee Bed mat, Pop n Lock.
    This ^^

It happened to my parents, and I can tell you right now... I would give my brand new truck up in a heart beat to take back what happened to them.

Be greatful man, and think before you say shit.

11. Dec 23, 2011 at 1:33 PM
    okboatie1

okboatie1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Darrell
    Chula Vista, CA.
    Vehicle:
    03 PreRunner TRD SR5 DCSB
    OME 881's w/Dakar's, Deckplate mod, Debadged, door chime mod, 12V outlets always on,
    CHANGE IT. I seriously hope those were not the words that came out of your mouth before you went into the ditch. As long as you didn't get any tickets from Houston's Finest, and nobody got hurt - Dude, it's a truck, insurance will pay, life goes on, and chicks dig scars.

12. Dec 23, 2011 at 1:40 PM
    Toyoghi

Member:
    First Name:
    Shoghi
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Double Cab
    ^^Are you telling me to change my signature? I'm so confused. I'm not the OP and my truck didn't go into the ditch?

13. Dec 23, 2011 at 1:48 PM
    Fiolo

Fiolo Senior member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma, 2022 Tacoma, 2019 L5P Duramax
    Lost track many mods ago
    its not that bad man, it can easily be fixed, if not im sure theres more tacos that you can buy that you would love just a much, stop getting so upset over a truck!

14. Dec 23, 2011 at 1:50 PM
    TanSR5x4

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Houston TX
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    no hes talking about mine. which i will agree doesnt look very good but ive already said i wasnt intoxicated nor do i condone any behavior like that but if you want to keep insinuating i was then whatever. no one was hurt no tickets were handed out. i dont care. i know what happened. i just posted this to vent and to seek the wisdom of my peers and fellow tacoma enthusiast

15. Dec 23, 2011 at 1:52 PM
    Toyoghi

Member:
    First Name:
    Shoghi
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Double Cab
    ^ That's what I thought, but I couldn't see your sig... I guess you had already removed it.

16. Dec 23, 2011 at 1:53 PM
    TanSR5x4

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Houston TX
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    its not the sig. its the thing under the name. im not sure what its called

17. Dec 23, 2011 at 1:54 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    TanSR5x4 [OP] [​IMG]
    Hold my beer and watch this <-- :laughing:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. Dec 23, 2011 at 1:55 PM
    YFZ_TRD

YFZ_TRD 4Runner Pilot

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Beaverton, OR
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner SR5
    I would leave the "I was driving home from the bar" out of your story when speaking with your insurance.

19. Dec 23, 2011 at 1:55 PM
    worthywads

worthywads Well-Known Member

Member:
    Peoples Republic of Boulder
    Vehicle:
    05 5-lug access I4 Stick, 70 Challenger Vert
  20. Dec 23, 2011 at 1:55 PM
    Fiolo

Fiolo Senior member

Member:
    Vehicle: