1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

my life is ruined

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by TanSR5x4, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 24, 2011 at 2:42 PM
    TanSR5x4

TanSR5x4 [OP] Hold my beer and watch this

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Houston TX
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Deckplate mod, black KC slimlight fogs, hurculined bed, NRA sticker mod, painted rear chrome bumper black, black fender flares and front grill surround, HIDs, All-pro rear leafs and UCAs, Eibach coilovers, billys all around, flat black pro comps, 31x10.5x15 BFG KM2s
    thats all ive been saying. i dont know if that is proper protocol or what but its in the past now so im just gonna wait and see what the insurance guy says

ok thats cool. sounds a lot less offensive that way. i appreciate it. im dont doubt youve seen a lot of these things but everyone of them is different right? no 2 the same? at any rate as ive said the title is an exaggeration although i do feel really dumb for all of this and i know i am very lucky this is all that happened. i just posted this thread for opinions on the truck

wow thanks buddy. i never said it was a joke mostly because this wasnt about that since i was not driving drunk. all i wanted was opinions on my truck and the fact that you refuse to believe me or even attempt to read the thread and have a calm logical discussion about it makes you the ignoramus.

ive been coming here for quite some time now. i enjoy sharing information and trying to contribute to help other members of this forum. and i have always remained respectful. so as i have said before if you dont not wish to see this or have anything constructive or positive to say you may get the fuck outta my thread

i also hope the same for you
    7/10 for trolling
    cool story bro

2. Dec 24, 2011 at 4:10 PM
    Bobert14

Bobert14 .

Member:
    Just throwing this question out there.

Is it really that unusual to go to a bar and leave sober?

I'm at a couple bars a couple times a week for dancing/socializing. One drink for the whole night and the entire group I go with is the same. We all leave sober. Maybe I hang out with weird folk that don't have to get fucked up when they hit the bars? I've hung out with that crowd in the past too, but its by no means what HAS to happen when you go the bar.

I'm honestly kind of surprised by the vitriol in this thread. Peoples' responses lead me to conclusions about their own drinking habits and environment far more than anything the OP's comments have led me to conclude about his habits.

There's all sorts of shit and details I don't remember from my rollover. Tends to happen in major, oh shit, moments. I've seen and heard of all sorts of crazy accidents happening to sober people in shitty weather. Its life, it happens.

If he hit that ditch perpendicular to it I see plenty of possibility for the damage his truck received at that speed. My damage was a little more muted on the sides because I rolled through my ditch parallel to it and ended up on my wheels.

If he was drunk driving the hit his wallet will take will teach him far more of a lesson then anyone going all internet tough guy on him will.

Damn people, calm down.

3. Dec 24, 2011 at 4:31 PM
    tacomalex

tacomalex Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    WV
    Vehicle:
    '11 SR5 2.7l 4x4
    plasti dip engine
    Lol, I don't mean to sound like a dick, but alot of you guys sound like dicks.

Who cares that this guy's story doesn't add up to all you guys. I agree he seemed to be overreacting a bit at first, but once he calmed down you all just started attacking him.

I'm pretty sure you legally have a little over a week to report an accident to the police. If I wrecked like OP did late at night, I wouldn't want to deal with the police either, I'd just get my truck out and go home.

Also I've been to many bars and not got drunk. I usually have a couple beers, shoot some pool and then go home, am I drunk? No. Is my blood alcohol level over .08? Probably not. I do know from health class though if you drink one beer an hour your body will process the alcohol and you will not feel any effects from it.

OP, don't feel like you have to justify shit with anyone on this forum ever. Just don't talk about shit that you did do wrong cause there are cops on here.

That is all.

4. Dec 24, 2011 at 4:36 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    :rofl:

Sorry where's my :popcorn:

5. Dec 24, 2011 at 8:01 PM
    TacoMX

TacoMX TW's Official anti body-lift pundit

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Deltona, Florida
    This...

I can't even count how many times I have been out or at a party where there was drinking and I didn't drink.

Pretty easy...socialization is possible without alcohol. One can go to a bar and just sit and talk with friends.

Even if the dude did have a beer....one beer can me metabolized in 30-45 minutes...chances are once he stepped into his truck that alcohol was gone.

I can't believe all the negativity and judgement in this thread....

Judging by the pictures that damage could easily be done by rolling at 30mpg. Its a 4000 pound truck...lots of force at 30mph. And if there were rocks/debris in the ditch it could easily do damage like that.

6. Dec 24, 2011 at 8:16 PM
    Rhino

Rhino Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Laurel, Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD SR5 4x4
    gray wire mod, blacked out, debadged, toolbox foglights, cb in dash, system, bilstein 5100's in front wrapped in eibach coils, 5125's in the rear with 2 inch aal and 1 inch shackle, diff drop kit, extended rear brake line, 8000 lb smittybuilt winch on a custom winch bumper, 2 4 inch 100 watt kc's and 2 6 inch 100 watt kc's on the bumper, sometimes a ladder rack,much more to come
    could be worse, go look at 99prerunners

7. Dec 24, 2011 at 10:31 PM
    Marioso

Marioso Risueno

Member:
    San diego Ca
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Fj Cruiser
    I work at enterprise and you can't imagine how many people I deal w like the OP. My tacoma was totalled in Sept, I walked away unharmed after driving head on into the center divider (someone else's fault) I always tell the customers that cars can be replaced but lives can't. You guys need to get your heads out of your asses. My truck was totalled and the only thing that came to mind was slowing down freeway traffic and making sure that everyone else was fine. I never got mad even after the guy that hit me didn't have a license or insurance. BTW my deductible was 1000 too.

8. Dec 24, 2011 at 11:09 PM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
  9. Dec 25, 2011 at 4:41 AM
    Space Wrangler

Space Wrangler Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JCT
    Ga
    Vehicle:
    04 DC 4x4
    04 Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab SAW 2.0's Alcan's Ion 171 wheels 15x8 (-27mm bs) 32" BFG AT's

get off your fucking high horse you miserable piece of shit. :brianr:

10. Dec 25, 2011 at 4:56 AM
    rleeharris

rleeharris "Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tundra Crew Max TRD Off Road
    What's wrong with it? Looks perfectly fine to me.

Seriously though, it's a 2000... it's totaled.

Merry Christmas.

11. Dec 25, 2011 at 5:13 AM
    Inkjet Fred

Inkjet Fred Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    2011 4wd white
    access cover,sport hood, Grillcraft color match grill, devil horns (red),hella 500's behind grille\
    Could have been worse,anyway as long as your not hurt.As for the truck,a good body man can work wonders. Good luck

12. Dec 25, 2011 at 7:02 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Closing the thread before it gets out of hand. OP has all the input needed. Merry Christmas! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top