1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

my little 3 incher is looking sad.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mh.meier, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Apr 18, 2012 at 2:33 PM
    mh.meier

mh.meier [OP] PB MIKE Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    MAD MIKE
    Flagstaff AZ
    Vehicle:
    Truck Norris Silver Unicornimus Prime
    2008 Tacoma DCLB 4X4 SR5 -Pelfreybilt Steel front 3-hoop bumper(soon to be single hoop CM) -Rigid 20" SR series light bar -Rigid Dually D2 Flood pods -KM FABRICATION custom 1/4" steel bumper mounts -Pelfreybilt Rear HI-Clearance bumper with swingout -NATO can carrier -Folding Aluminum table -RIGID SRQ reverse lights -Full Pelfreybilt skids -ARB air compressor under the hood -KMFAB Custom ext brake line brackets -KMFAB Bedrack -Camping Lab MANSION RTT -ARB 6' Awning -KMFAB bed reinforcement -AVID Offroad weld on slider -BAMF Bed corner tie down brackets -Custom chopped front fenders -OTTRAW switches -Icons Ext Travel front CO's -King 700# coils -Camburg Uni-ball UCA's -Sway-A-Way 2.0 rear shocks -All-pro Expo LEaf packs w/ custom bumps -35" Goodyear Wrangler MTR's w/ Kevlar -16" SCS SR8's in Black -Custom Retrofits -Smoked Tails -Flare-less mod -AFE ProForce Magnum CAI (went back to stock) -Cobra 29LX CB with PA and the fixins' -KMFAB CB antenna mounts -Pioneer in dash DVD with Nav -Weathertech mats
    I lifted my truck myself, all pro standard leafs in the rear, with Billy 5100 RCD's and a ubolt flip and I have Billy 5100's set at. 85 with OME 885 coils and camburg UCA's and i still have the factory rake which is weird. I was sure that i would be sitting level at 3". I am sure i will have to upgrade my coils to the OME 886's when i get my bumper but what else do i need to get my 3 inches? Any input would be good. And yes i have read multiple threads and searched but i have already installed what was supposed to be a 3" lift and no luck. Thanks guys. You rock

2. Apr 18, 2012 at 2:35 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 mod status????

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
  3. Apr 18, 2012 at 2:38 PM
    medic2230

medic2230 Ditch Doctor

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper
    yup lol

4. Apr 18, 2012 at 2:38 PM
    mh.meier

Member:
    First Name:
    MAD MIKE
    Flagstaff AZ
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma DCLB 4X4 SR5 -Pelfreybilt Steel front 3-hoop bumper(soon to be single hoop CM) -Rigid 20" SR series light bar -Rigid Dually D2 Flood pods -KM FABRICATION custom 1/4" steel bumper mounts -Pelfreybilt Rear HI-Clearance bumper with swingout -NATO can carrier -Folding Aluminum table -RIGID SRQ reverse lights -Full Pelfreybilt skids -ARB air compressor under the hood -KMFAB Custom ext brake line brackets -KMFAB Bedrack -Camping Lab MANSION RTT -ARB 6' Awning -KMFAB bed reinforcement -AVID Offroad weld on slider -BAMF Bed corner tie down brackets -Custom chopped front fenders -OTTRAW switches -Icons Ext Travel front CO's -King 700# coils -Camburg Uni-ball UCA's -Sway-A-Way 2.0 rear shocks -All-pro Expo LEaf packs w/ custom bumps -35" Goodyear Wrangler MTR's w/ Kevlar -16" SCS SR8's in Black -Custom Retrofits -Smoked Tails -Flare-less mod -AFE ProForce Magnum CAI (went back to stock) -Cobra 29LX CB with PA and the fixins' -KMFAB CB antenna mounts -Pioneer in dash DVD with Nav -Weathertech mats
    Figured I'd get one or two laughs.

5. Apr 18, 2012 at 2:42 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns Lord of War

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off Road Full-Auto
    All-Pro Bumper, CBI Sliders, Icon Coilovers, BudBuilt Skids, aFe Intake, Icon VS Rear Shocks, Timbren Bumpstops, All-Pro UCAs, JDM Steering Wheel, ViAir Compressor, Klearz LED 3rd Brake Light, Pop-N-Lock Tailgate Handle, Husky Front Flaps
    The funny thing is, even six inches isn't that impressive. :D

Seriously, though, the AP standard leafs lift the rear by 3". So if you lift the front 3" and the rear 3", you should still end up with the factory rake.

6. Apr 18, 2012 at 2:46 PM
    mh.meier

Member:
    First Name:
    MAD MIKE
    Flagstaff AZ
    Vehicle:
    So what should I do to level it eh? Get the 886's?

7. Apr 18, 2012 at 2:46 PM
    Super Black Taco

Super Black Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grayson
    Redwood valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD SPORT 4x4
    OME 885 1/4 spacers,Dakars, 3* shims,Light Racing UCA BHLM,Wicked Flow Muffler, JL sub, Alpine amp, URD Short Throw Kit, U-Bolt Flip kit, 285/70/17 hankook mt
  8. Apr 18, 2012 at 2:47 PM
    mh.meier

Member:
    First Name:
    MAD MIKE
    Flagstaff AZ
    Vehicle:
    And don't bag on 6inchers........ :p

9. Apr 18, 2012 at 2:48 PM
    chadderkdawg

chadderkdawg Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..

Member:
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    09 FX4 F150
    Drop bracket the front, or pull out the rear in favor of an aal in the stock pack.

10. Apr 18, 2012 at 2:50 PM
    mh.meier

Member:
    First Name:
    MAD MIKE
    Flagstaff AZ
    Vehicle:
    I have heard some bad things about the drop bracket. I will need the 886's when I get my bumper though, right now the front is riding nude.

11. Apr 18, 2012 at 2:52 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    :jellydance: my .85 in is looking sad.

12. Apr 18, 2012 at 2:54 PM
    mh.meier

Member:
    First Name:
    MAD MIKE
    Flagstaff AZ
    Vehicle:

hahahahaha, I thought I had it bad.

13. Apr 18, 2012 at 3:00 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns Lord of War

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off Road Full-Auto
    All-Pro Bumper, CBI Sliders, Icon Coilovers, BudBuilt Skids, aFe Intake, Icon VS Rear Shocks, Timbren Bumpstops, All-Pro UCAs, JDM Steering Wheel, ViAir Compressor, Klearz LED 3rd Brake Light, Pop-N-Lock Tailgate Handle, Husky Front Flaps
    Top of Google baby!

3incher.jpg

14. Apr 18, 2012 at 3:03 PM
    mh.meier

Member:
    First Name:
    MAD MIKE
    Flagstaff AZ
    Vehicle:
    I am sooooooooo famous now!!!!!:cool:

15. Apr 18, 2012 at 3:06 PM
    Underdog777

Underdog777 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Gilberz
    Vehicle:
    '06 Stuckrunner
    Camburg LT.
    x2 my girlfriend only dates me for my trucks.

16. Apr 18, 2012 at 4:34 PM
    XPOTRPR

XPOTRPR [[[[[[EXPOtrooper]]]]]] IG: xpotrpr

Member:
    First Name:
    Moose
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    SUPERCHARGED MID TRAVEL 2009 DCSB TRD O/R 4X4 AUTO
    CHECK BUILD
    Id swap out the rear leafs man's. Just do an AAL.. plus your 886's when you get your bumper to compensate for the weight. OR... Maybe the leafs need to settle more? Idk..

17. Apr 18, 2012 at 4:39 PM
    Phuket

Phuket Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    03 4X4 TRD
    Eibach/Toytec coils, bilstein 5100's all around, Kenwood DNX7100 Navigation
    Get a 2" AAL in the rear and sell the AP leaf pack. The rear of your truck is already an inch higher at stock height, so if you lift the front three inches and the rear 3" it will still have the rake. but if you lift the front three and the rear two... then you'll have leveled your truck. funny title though haha:rolleyes:

To Top