1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My mom

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by 07TacoRidah, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Dec 13, 2010 at 7:33 AM
    2009 taco

2009 taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    juan
    lompton, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 sport
    jba headers, outlaw flowmaster, 3 inch pipes, k and n cold air intake, throttle body spacer, halo headlights, HIDs, deaver springs, kings all the way round, Built right UCAs, camburg spindles, Satoshi bumper and main grill, sliders
    :pray: and my brother just had the surgery 3 weeks ago and its just starting to pay off. I understand y she doesn't want to. But on the other hand there has been many success stories.

2. Dec 13, 2010 at 7:38 AM
    AeroCooper

AeroCooper Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Barcelona Access Cab Off Road
    Remote start, tailgate inserts, nifty key fob case, Husky X-Act floor liners, AVS vent shades, bed mat, MX4 Tonneau cover, Tyger step rails
    Best of luck to your mom, living with pain sucks!

3. Dec 13, 2010 at 12:25 PM
    07TacoRidah

07TacoRidah [OP] SHHHH, this is interesting

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Base Model Access Cab
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    She tried to get it, I think it was the surgery. We went in one day to her hospital but to the back dept. they were giving her some kind of exam before they started treatment, so I went to go get something to eat since they didn't need me and was going to take a while. I got back and she was already at the car wanting to go. She said it was too expensive and I am not sure she qualified for something (med cred stuff) even though she has worked for UCLA for a VERY long time (since I was in middle school up until recently and I am 29 yrs. old).

Thank you everyone. I really hope that she can move around safely even just for Christmas so that she can spend it with the family, I don't know who started this but in my family we all HATE not being able to do anything.

4. Dec 13, 2010 at 12:29 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    :pray:
    sent.
    It sucks when Mom is in bad shape - mine won her battle w/ breast cancer last spring.
    Best wishes!

5. Dec 13, 2010 at 12:32 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    Her name is Milagros Jose.

I didn't think I would ever get to that because of my anger to her but I can't do nothing but try to make things easier for her. I've done what I could to make most of my jobs for me to work from home. She tries to close the door, she says she feels like a burden and it's not true. Like my Grandfather Joe, he put in his work for this whole family to come to the U.S. The same with my mom, she's done her part in helping the family as much as she could. Sucks I had finally start practicing what I preached with her. She's only in here 60's and my father in his 70's which means both of them don't have long. No matter how many times I say I'm not going to stay down, life seems to like hitting me harder and harder.

6. Dec 13, 2010 at 12:35 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Congrats to your mom!! Cancer is hell when it's too late. Several of my aunts and uncles have passed due to that, I am fighting with my possible cancer threat at the moment, I'm doing great, but until that dead nodule is completely gone from my neck I'll start celebrating.

7. Dec 13, 2010 at 12:44 PM
    m0nster986

m0nster986 ♥ Emergency Medicine

Member:
    SoCal
    Has she considered pain management via analgesics? I really hate to see people suffer when there are means to control the pain.

8. Dec 13, 2010 at 5:24 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I think that is what her previous physician did (the one that moved). She was explaining to another place what the physician had her do most of the time when she was in the therapy sessions (like some weird stretching or something. That one dealie with a large ball, and other stuff). It seemed to work w/e that one physician was doing, she was up and all over the place, but until he moved that's when it got worse and just pretty much down hill from there.

9. Dec 14, 2010 at 5:06 AM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    thanks brother. hang in there.

:pray:Milagros Jose:pray:

10. Dec 17, 2010 at 8:10 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    EVERYONE my mo is getting the surgery as we speak!!!! She went in this morning around 5am or so. I am crossing my fingers as well as praying VERY hard so that the surgery will go as smoothly like my dads did (he got his yesterday and came out PERFECTLY, just had to stay over night for obs).

11. Dec 17, 2010 at 9:40 AM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    ^Thanks for the update....Prayers for another successful surgery!!:)

12. Dec 17, 2010 at 9:51 AM
    2009 taco

2009 taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    juan
    lompton, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 sport
    jba headers, outlaw flowmaster, 3 inch pipes, k and n cold air intake, throttle body spacer, halo headlights, HIDs, deaver springs, kings all the way round, Built right UCAs, camburg spindles, Satoshi bumper and main grill, sliders
    :pray: let us know if ask goes well. And make sure everyone is extra careful during the recovery time. My brother ruined his and had to get surgery again.

13. Dec 17, 2010 at 9:58 AM
    Mark C.

Mark C. If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM SR5 4WD AC
    LED Dome, Reed Switched LEDs in Glove Box and Center Console, Bumper Fogs, Tailgate anti-theft, LEDs over Cig lighter, Back-up camera anytime, Outside Temp add-on, Hidden GPS power, Sockmonkey 3rd Brakelight decal, 4X4 switch illumination, reed switch controlled engine compartment Flood LEDs, Elite Hitch Cover, Plasti-dipped cupholders and door switch control panels, Elite Hitch Cover.
    Thanks for the update and I offer prayers for a complete recovery and remediation of the pain....and for her to be at least somewhat mobile for the holiday!

14. Dec 17, 2010 at 3:06 PM
    baja dan

baja dan Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    97 4RUNNER SAS
    prayers going for a quick recovery hang in there bud

15. Dec 17, 2010 at 3:15 PM
    cntstan

cntstan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Wisconsin now, North Carolina will always be HOME
    Vehicle:
    08 DC SR5 4X4 ; 94 Ford Bronco
    3" Toytec coilovers, rear AAL,satoshi'd grill,ARE topper,TRD exhaust, All Pro winch bumper, Warn winch, All Pro skid, Pro comp 7089's, Supersprings, Wet Okole seat covers
    I will pray for your mom as well. Hopefully she will be able to enjoy Christmas!

To Top