1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My New Glock G36 .45 acp mount

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Pster, May 26, 2011.

1. May 27, 2011 at 11:24 PM
    Quad D

Quad D Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Quad
    Colorado, from CA, lived in TX, ID, and MT also.
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma stock, dbl cab, 4x4, short bed, SR5
    some nice pieces....I would REALLY like to have an MP5, or the MP5/40

2. May 28, 2011 at 1:40 PM
    billwot

billwot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern NC
    Vehicle:
    '11 Access 4 cyl auto SR5
    No, but their wives/children/parents, etc, often do.

Ayoob has often written that if you shoot someone, you will be sued, no matter how justified the shooting was.

3. May 28, 2011 at 6:13 PM
    uood8

uood8 If You Search...You Shall Find.

Member:
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Sr5 4x4 DCSB
    Pretty much stock
    Probably so, however the comment about the hollow points is ridiculous.

The purpose of hollow points is to increase the fluid motion inside someone’s body when they are shot, instant fluid motion causes incapacitation almost instantly due to the trauma the body goes through immediately when it is shot.

When you shoot someone your main concern is to stop the threat, what better way?

Would you rather explain why you shot someone twice as opposed to 7 times because they just kept advancing on you since your FMJ's went through and through ultimately causing death from blood loss. Not to mention what harm the person could do to you in the mean time, after all you have just shot them so they most likely have a deadly weapon also.

Just remember it is easier to go through a lawsuit than your own funeral.

4. May 28, 2011 at 7:45 PM
    horwitzs

horwitzs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Dayton, WA
    Vehicle:
    TX Pro
    Supercharger, OME lift w/ LR UCAs, running boards, toolbox, extinguisher mount, skidplate, N-Fab light bar, 40" R.I. LED bar, WO seat covers, TRD intake, Weathertech mats and visors, stubby antenna, hood struts, LED interior lighting, Hella Supertones, and other stuff I'm forgetting.
    OP: Nice looking setup. I did something very similar in my Jeep, but with the Taco I didn't want the screws to show on the outside like you can see on your console.
    I had my seat covers made with a little pocket on the front of the driver's seat so I can reach between my legs to grab mine.

5. May 29, 2011 at 8:07 AM
    billwot

Member:
    Eastern NC
    Vehicle:
    My original post was not about hollow points in general, but about Black Talons. Black Talons were an effective defensive round, but gained a reputation for being far more deadly than they really were. They were even referred to as "cop killer bullets" because they were falsely believed to be teflon coated. So personal injury attorneys and/or prosecuters would use their reputed lethality against defendants in shooting cases.

As a generalization, hollow points are the best choice for personal defense. They do offer greater stopping power, and reduced risk of over penetration. I carry only JHPs in all of my defensive handguns (but not my Black Talons;).

After I got my carry permit, I took a course on the real-world implications of a self-defensive shooting, especially the liklihood of legal proceedings. The instructor (35 years of LE experience) recommended hollow points for defensive rounds, strongly discouraged the use of FMJs. He also specifically mentioned BlackTalons would definitely be used against you if you wound up in court (as is extremely likely) because of their reputation.

6. May 29, 2011 at 8:25 AM
    uood8

uood8 If You Search...You Shall Find.

Member:
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Sr5 4x4 DCSB
    Pretty much stock
    Well i say that because the "black talons" are nothing more than a HP with a "Lubalox" coating to help protect the barrel. So now the ranger t-series is the exact same thing, without the lubalox coating. Any attorney to bring up the black talons would be a fool, as the theory could be smashed in court with little effort making him look like an idiot. Plus who would still be shooting them, they were discontinued 10 years ago.

7. May 29, 2011 at 8:32 AM
    meeestirg

meeestirg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vance County, NC
    we can't own shit here );

8. May 30, 2011 at 1:55 PM
    billwot

Member:
    Eastern NC
    Vehicle:
    Yup, I agree that Black Talons are really just another HP. But I guess 45longcolt must still use them, as his post was the basis of my original response.

"The spare magazine is located in the net area. Both are loaded with Black Talons. These go for $5 each nowadays on Gunbroker." (from post # 17, this thread.)

9. May 30, 2011 at 6:18 PM
    trot

trot Dang.

Member:
    Aberdeen Proving Ground
    Vehicle:
    18 SW TRD OR DCSB P&T
    I've had to live in, drive through and work in rough neighborhoods most of my adult life. I just wave at everyone. Before the truck, I also left the top down (easier to wave).

But, that's a very cool pistol mount you got. :)

10. May 30, 2011 at 10:55 PM
    kwelhand

kwelhand Well-Known Member

Member:
    I still have couple boxes of Black Talon... didn't know that thing cost so much these days.

11. May 31, 2011 at 5:49 AM
    Nick54

Nick54 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ARB Rear Locker & Compressor, Bakflip F1, Antennex 13" flexable antenna, WeatherTech Floor Liners, WeatherTech Side Window Visors, Tacoma Bed Mat, Demello Rock Crushers, Dynamax Ultraflow SS Muffler, TSB 4-Pak Leaf Springs, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Color Matched Angry Eyelids, Combo Lock Bed Compartments, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Goodyear Duratracs on ProComp 7033's, M101A2 Trailer, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Light Racing UCA's, King OEM Performance Remote Reservoir Adjustable Front & Rear Shocks, JVC NT3HDT, Blue Sea Aux Fuse Panel, BAMF Behind Grill Light Bracket, Kragen 55W 7" HID's, CBI Front Receiver, Home Link Garage Door Opener, FlyEyez Light Unit, Bud Built Front to Back Skids...
    Nice fit and most important easy access, just not a fan of the screw heads showing on the outside of the console. Don't know for sure but is the outer and inner wall of the console the same piece or is there a gap between them that can be accessed from the bottom if you remove the console?

12. May 31, 2011 at 10:42 AM
    viperstd

viperstd Tacoma convert

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 TRD SR5 DC LB
    AllPro Front and Rear trail armor & full skid plates, Demello Hybrid Rock Crushers, Old Man Emu suspension, Warn 8000# winch, PIAA SMR fogs, perforated + heated leather seats, in-dash DVD/NAV/Sound, RE subs
    Not trying to give you a hard time since I am an avid gun collector and would have my CCW if MD allowed but... The above is a stupid statement. What could be easier than your own funeral? You don't have to do anything... you are dead.

13. Jul 4, 2011 at 8:46 PM
    BamBam572

BamBam572 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner Sport Black Sand Pearl
    Love this idea! Just found the post about adding a lock to the center console, and may do both of these together!

14. Jul 4, 2011 at 9:41 PM
    TunnelDV

TunnelDV Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    10 4Dr Tacoma White
    For self defense, I really like the Grizzly Xtreme +P rounds. Pricey, but I'm not going to shoot them very often.

Derek V

15. Jul 4, 2011 at 10:40 PM
    transplant

transplant resident know-nothing

Member:
    First Name:
    theo
    Crestline, Ca
    Vehicle:
    89 sr5, 99 OR, 11sport, 14 offroad

so... you have to get a class III for that full auto? im new to ga and not exactly up on their gun laws. i would LOVE to own something like what youve got.. and ive been in the market for a nice .308 for a while...

16. Jul 4, 2011 at 10:42 PM
    transplant

transplant resident know-nothing

Member:
    First Name:
    theo
    Crestline, Ca
    Vehicle:
    89 sr5, 99 OR, 11sport, 14 offroad
    hahahaha :ohsnap:

17. Jul 4, 2011 at 10:51 PM
    Iakopa84

Iakopa84 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD Off-Road
    Aries Grille Guard, PIAA 520 xtreme ATP lights, K&N high-flow intake, 2.5" velocity front leveling kit
    Nice mod! I have my .45 desert eagle at hand... but not as bold to carrying it around as you have mounted in your truck!

18. Jul 5, 2011 at 2:48 AM
    zul

zul Professional Goofball

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite Mica DCSB SR5 4WD V6 AT
    HAVE: Bed mat, Tailgate Lock, Color-matched Grille, Weathertech Floor Liners, Avid Step Rails, RokBlokz mud flaps WANT: Rear Plate Bumper, Steel bed cage
    I'd be scared to carry any of my rifles or my USP concealed in my vehicle, because I dont want to kill someone, but I also dont want to just injure someone and then be my ass thrown in jail/sued. Shooting someone will ALWAYS cause legal drama, no matter how justified. I just try to stay away from it. My guns are for fun :)

If I happen to reach back and find a large hardwood club in the back? Well I just feel more comfortable knowing its back there ;)

19. Jul 5, 2011 at 6:19 AM
    Pster

Pster [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    I'd rather be alive and fighting the legal system than dead and feeding maggots. Each to his own. Let's keep this American experiment alive and allow people choices.

20. Jul 6, 2011 at 9:35 AM
    ratfink504

ratfink504 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    New Orleans
    Vehicle:
    RIP 06 Tacoma Two Tone TRD Sport 4x4
    Yes it will. I keep mine there but if you need it in a hurry you're screwed

Products Discussed in

To Top