1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My new rims...Not quite what I ordered, please help me decide!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Leer, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Jan 24, 2012 at 10:21 PM
    myth01

myth01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    south sf, ca.
    Vehicle:
    08 taco Trd sport
    eclipse nav.-w/ Bluetooth & iPod 3'' revtech add a leaf lift kit snug top ss truck cap dive tank racks in back Aux fuse box Aux back up lights, w/ interior fj cruiser stock switch Back up cam Turn signal cams Interior inverter -switched Aux audio/video inputs -RCA (including iPhone cable)w/ 4 input switch Mag light mount Tyredog stand alone tpms Spare tire extension hose Avid off road light bar(powder coated)
    I would call them and if you like them tell them about their mistake and that your gonna keep them, but have them credit you some money for their screw up otherwise your gonna send them back on them

2. Jan 24, 2012 at 10:58 PM
    sparkhill

sparkhill Well-Known Member

Member:
    This is what was going to suggest also. Hopefully you paid by credit card. Be polite, but if they hassle you just tell them you are requesting a chargeback and they need to arrange the return of the wheels.

3. Jan 24, 2012 at 11:07 PM
    lvcarguy

lvcarguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 DCSB Debadged
    ICON stage II lift w front coil overs 3" lift with Camburg UCA's and 1 1/2" add a leaf & ICON rear shocks, SS front and rear brake lines, TRD Exhaust, TRD skid plate, 33/12.5/17 MT General Red Labels, 17x8 Centerline wheels in matte, 6000k head and fog lights, 20% tint, 12" black shorty antenna, debadged, TRD oil filler cap, TRD radiator car, TRD shift knob, TRD all weather floor mats
    Agree totally with this comment, not my idea of a good looking wheel and too see the difference. Think I would like them in all black though. It's really if u like them or not. I think u just might be a little fired up w the delay, bet i think they grow on u....

4. Jan 24, 2012 at 11:11 PM
    808hiker

808hiker Taco addict

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Big Island, Hawaii
    I really like those rims...both the ones on the website pic and the actual pic...anyway, yeah shipping anything here is a real PITA, not to mention the stupid expensive shipping. But yeah, try call them and see if you can work something out that'll make you happy.

5. Jan 24, 2012 at 11:13 PM
    Thorpedo26

Thorpedo26 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon Thorpe
    Justin TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 silver 4 cylinder
    Blacked out badges, weathertechs, painted grill, cut tailpipe, removed mud flaps, black head lights, red calipers, tinted tails, front and rear bilsteins are here along with fatbobs spacer and aal awaiting install, also a set of 16 inch pro comps are here and 265/75/16 dynapros
    When buying a product the picture should be of the exact product.I find that shady. I do like em though, nice to see something besides all black cragers or xd rims

6. Jan 24, 2012 at 11:28 PM
    Leer

Leer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Hilo HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma 4x4
    That is definately still an option!

You guys have a good idea, maybe if the refund me a couple of hundred I'll be happy and just keep them!

Thanks, I am considering keeping them alot more now that I'm not as upset!

Yup! I'm gonna call them in the morning.

That's my feeling as well, not this bait and switch stuff!

7. Jan 24, 2012 at 11:53 PM
    PRBulldog36

PRBulldog36 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2006 PreRunner SR5 TRD Off Road
    Bilsteins 5100's X4 front set at 2.5 and rear AAL,BFG Rugged Trail T/A P265/65R/17, Warrior 375 17X8 Wheels with Gorilla locks,Black Billet Grille top and bottom and replaced Toyo emblem with Dallas Cowboys Star by MetalMiller, Vent Shade window louvers and hood bug shield, Fog light anytime mod,Dome light Mod,Blue interior LED's, Six inch Black Chrome billet antenna,Firestik CB Antenna, Cobra 75 CB, 12Vt/DC outlet back of Center Console, CB external speaker, Sirius Satellite Radio, Westin tube step up bars (Chrome), Tinted windows (legal), Eyebrow on windshield (Limo),Leather arm rest mod,HID H4's(fog), HID plug and play 8000, Tailgate theft prevention mod and Tailgate Pop-n-Lock, Trailer hitch brake light,Garmin GPS Dashboard Mount, Baja Lights on the rear bed rail, In Bed Mt Bike carrier, Tail gate extender, N-Fab light bar with Four Hella 500's, Fold down antenna,WeatherTech digital floor mats, mount,Kenwood head unit, Polk Audio 6X9,Two 12 ' Subs MTX, Kenwood Excellon 5 1/4, Ke
    I like the top one. If it's not what you paid for send them back on their dime and have them expedite the ons you ordered. After all they sent the wrong ones.

8. Jan 25, 2012 at 12:20 AM
    Groupleader

Groupleader Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    North Phoenix,Arizona
    I can see the difference right away,if its not exactly the same as the wheel they advertised they should exchange them,and they pay for the return shipping,they should have notified you if they changed the look of the rim.You need to speak up and demand they get the wheels you specified or give you a full refund,cuz they sent you a wheel you didnt order,you have to look at them everyday,if its not what you ordered then call them to ask for an exchange.If they say they cant do anything about then ask to speak to somebody higher up,if they say they cant h gets the greaseelp then let them know youre gonna report them to the Better Business Bureau,that usually helps,because thats a bad mark on their report card,Remember,the squeaky wheel gets the grease,just dont take NO for an answer.. good luck..

9. Jan 25, 2012 at 12:47 AM
    TS1980

TS1980 Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma DC 4x4
    I see a slight difference, but its your truck. I'd keep em.

10. Jan 25, 2012 at 1:06 AM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    I agree, if you will be happy with them at a lower price call them and discuss a discount. If not return them and go with your second choice.

11. Jan 25, 2012 at 6:40 PM
    Leer

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Hilo HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma 4x4
    So I called to complain and basically I was told that they will only take returns if the rims don't fit...What Bullsh*t...

I am paying through their company 3 months same as cash so I can't reverse the charges on a charge card.

They claim that the rim on their website is a repsresentation of the wheel I am ordering and they are not responsible if the wheel has been updated and the manufacturer does not supply updated pics.

Bottom line is that I'll be o.k. with these wheels, I don't hate them.

BUT ....

THINK TWICE BEFORE CONSIDERING ORDERING ANYTHING FROM "DISCOUNTWHEELWAREHOUSE DOT COM"

Customer service sucks big balls!!!!

12. Jan 25, 2012 at 6:49 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    This is kinda what I was thinking. I've seen wheels in the past to where a different size would change the look slightly. I've seen wheels I liked but when in the size I wanted just didn't have the same look/design and they probably use just one pic for all sizes.

13. Jan 25, 2012 at 6:53 PM
    oneBIGroom

oneBIGroom SSS

Member:
    First Name:
    SSS
    SSS
    Vehicle:
    SSS
    SSS
    I like them, but i can see why your a little angry about the whole situation

14. Jan 25, 2012 at 8:33 PM
    sparkhill

sparkhill Well-Known Member

Member:
    Google search:

#2: http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f42/discountwheelwarehouse-com-horrible-service-customer-support-354886/

#4: http://www.ripoffreport.com/car-parts-accessories/discount-wheel-wareh/discount-wheel-warehouse-justi-ffdf4.htm

These guys sound like a-holes. Nothing on their website states returns are not allowed when the item is not as advertised. At least they are in California, one of the most consumer-friendly states. I would press for some remedy as the wheels you received are clearly not the wheels advertised.

15. Jan 25, 2012 at 8:34 PM
    MSTaco

MSTaco Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Selby
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    05 pro comp lift, 20" wheels, 35" tires
    6inch pro comp lift with a 2" leveling kit stacked, 35" Cooper STT, 20" Rockstar wheels, 3% Tint, HID's, & 7inch in dash dvd.
    Keep em! They look good. Only dif I see was the black accents in the chrome.

16. Jan 25, 2012 at 8:36 PM
    DOUBLLD

DOUBLLD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Bluemont, VA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma LS Swap Twin Turbo
    Alot
    dude i like those wheels!!! put them on

17. Jan 25, 2012 at 8:37 PM
    Davtopgun

Davtopgun Weeeee mod time!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    TacoAlaMode Custom grill, SCS Gunmetal F5's, Treadwright guard dogs, King extended travel coilovers w/800# springs, OME Dakars. LRUCA's. Allpro off-road plate rear bumper with high clearance hitch, steel breaded extended brake lines front and rear, SOS concepts bolt on rock sliders with top plate, Pelfreybuilt front plate bumper, rci skid plates, Airflow Snorkel, Tom Woods custom one piece drivesahft, Weathertech in channel rain guards, Bushwacker fender flares, custom cab height bedrack, 60" Hi-Lift jack w/Mount, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, rear bumper light pods, front bumper light pods and light bar.
    I actually like the ones they sent you, more then the ones you ordered...

18. Jan 25, 2012 at 11:48 PM
    808hiker

808hiker Taco addict

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Big Island, Hawaii
    That sucks man. Companies like that should at least make an effort to accurately describe and picture their products, especially if they are as expensive as your rims were + shipping.

19. Jan 26, 2012 at 6:58 PM
    Leer

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Hilo HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma 4x4
    Thanks guys, I'm gonna keep them BUT I have submitted a complaint to the BBB. We'll see what comes of this. Thanks again for all of you input and opinions!

Products Discussed in

To Top