1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My night in the ER....... :)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by MadeInMaine, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 13, 2011 at 6:26 PM
    MadeInMaine

MadeInMaine [OP] MadeInMaine

Member:
    First Name:
    Owen
    Biloxi, MS
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    Can't have any identifiers in any pictures. Without those, the pictures are just educational, and no laws are broken.

sorry boss

2. Jan 13, 2011 at 6:31 PM
    pudge151

pudge151 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum
    you can take pictures of your self b4 and after but not while in the ER, thats a rule we have, no pictures of any part of any patient can be taken by anyone

3. Jan 13, 2011 at 6:43 PM

747 function > form

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen.
    You're not getting it, despite other members attempts to warn you, and my less-than-supportive negative r*p.

WTF is wrong with you...you need to delete that pic and stop being a douche.:mad:

4. Jan 13, 2011 at 6:55 PM
    MadeInMaine

MadeInMaine [OP] MadeInMaine

Member:
    First Name:
    Owen
    Biloxi, MS
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner

dude, read post #39

im done with this...

for all the people who enjoyed some education, i apoligise, but im done.
    you can blame the people who don't understand laws of medical field.

im out

5. Jan 13, 2011 at 6:58 PM
    rex99

rex99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TArdCOMAWORLD
    Vehicle:
    Proton Cruiser
    Rocket Boosters, Flux Capacitor, Escape Pod, Throttle Body Spacer, Homeroshi, ATRAC disable
    :wave: dont let the door hit ya

and for the sake of the victims family, please take your pictures with you. thanks.

6. Jan 13, 2011 at 7:05 PM
    DubVtundy

DubVtundy ERMAHGERD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thayer
    Keyser West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2010 white double cab
    8 inch alcan custom leaf packs, ome 885's powdercoated white, bilstein 5100's all the way around with 12 inch travel on the rear, Light Racing Upper Control Arms, Sway bar removed, 17x9 kmc strike. 35x12.50 nitto Trail Grapplers. Satoshi Grill made by (homertaco), Black Headlight housings,retrofits, Tinted Tailights, color matched grill, Bought a TRD sport hood,elite off road front plate bumper,elite off road sliders, 13% tint on the front windows, 5% on top of the facotry rear windows and back glass, 5% tint stip across the windshield, Lo Pro Truxedo tonneu cover, Herculiner bed liner, Weather Tech Window Visors, Exhaust- Flowmaster Super 44 dumped above rear axle, Maglight Mount on side of drivers seat, Scangauge II, Mossy Oak Camo Seat Covers, Weather Tech Floor mats, Spatter painted A-Pillars, Spatter painted headunit trim and shifter trim, Headunit= Pioneer 4300 double din touch screen, Speakers- Precision Power 3 way component stage, Precision Power 8 i
    op you did a good thing here shows some people about life and what can happen when bad things happen. it also shows the people like you that are trying to help the patient and help educate other about this kinda thing. i am 18 in my first year of college and are going to school to be a funeral director. my dad owns two of them where i live so this is nothing to the things i have seen. I give you a thumbs up for doing this i have actually seen alot of these things. there is a thing out there called "CORE" which is like an autopsy type thing that they do things alot worse than anything anyone could imagine. but thumbs up i love my job and hope to love it till the day i die.

and to be honest i thought this was a friendly forum here but i cant believe any of you would be that arrogant about science and things like this. these are pictures of ppl helping a person in need. and if you go 2 college and are in any type of medical field, criminal justice any things like that you would see pictures that are 10 times worse than either of those and they are of the same relation of picture no name or any such of identification. just my .02

7. Jan 13, 2011 at 8:12 PM
    WhatThePho?

WhatThePho? Greg Graffin 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    The things required to pull bitches
    It was good while it lasted. How about post up very detailed stories and find pictures on the web that closely resemble it.

8. Jan 13, 2011 at 8:34 PM
    pudge151

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum
    you mean the post where you backtracked about the picture not really being from your work, or your patient after you said it was in your OP?

The title of your thread is..
    "My night in the ER....... :)"
    This post is just to pop up pictures of things I see at my job...
    A middle aged male came in with chief complaint of multiple GSW.
    He was shot around 5-8 times, and was bleeding out inside his body, so the doctor called for a thorecotomy... These are amazing to watch, and great to be involved with.

then

the gentleman did not make it. He was shot in neck, thigh (femoral artery), back, butt.... too much volume loss at scene pre-hospital.

how did you know this ^^^^^^ if this is true... the famous post #39

the pictures are from the internet of the same things I see (not my actual patient)

then you decide to tell more stories with pics...

A patient came in who had jumped off a high balcony to save himself from being shot. He was not shot, but as you will see in the xray, he will not be walking any time soon.

then the voice of reason, thank you DrewH

Show a little respect.. you wanna tell stories, thats one thing but posting the picture of someone who just died split wide open... disrespectful. Thats someones Father/ brother/son.

then finally

I'm out

Maybe start a thread called nasty pics from the interweb if you need to look at that stuff.

9. Jan 13, 2011 at 10:33 PM
    WhatThePho?

WhatThePho? Greg Graffin 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    The things required to pull bitches
    ^^^ They have a place like that. Documentingreality.com GO THERE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! BY GOING THERE YOU HAVE ACCEPTED THAT I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU SEE.

10. Jan 13, 2011 at 10:52 PM
    only_K

only_K Future Owner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Central California
    Vehicle:
    Currently searching for dream truck...
    TBD
    Damn. thats some real stuff in that site.

edit: the site only lets you browse around for a few minutes. after that you have to pay.

11. Jan 13, 2011 at 11:53 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    We aren't ignorant to "science and things like this". It's a human being, it's their personal information, images and information. My own blood has health issues and I would be beyond pissed if a picture of them or any identifying information was posted online in a forum by someone with a cell phone or camera and a story.

12. Jan 14, 2011 at 12:39 AM
    slmgt

slmgt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greater Seattle Area
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport w/ JBL DCLB V6 AT
    Husky floor mats (Fr and Rr)
    I don't think there is anything to say to convince the legal-skeptics that what he did was acceptable - maybe not under hospital policy, but legally he is likely correct. However, a skilled lawyer I'm sure could piecemeal the legal system on the original man pictured estate's behalf.

There are plenty of terrible things to see on the internet, like the ability to watch a real autopsy being performed or liposuction being done. I am doubtful that all of the patients consented to these videos, but as long as identifying info was exceptionally scrubbed, it shouldn't matter.

P.S. Thanks for the interesting educational experience. I know two NICU nurses - unfortunately, neonates aren't quite the most interesting to me...

13. Jan 14, 2011 at 12:33 PM
    DubVtundy

DubVtundy ERMAHGERD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thayer
    Keyser West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2010 white double cab
    8 inch alcan custom leaf packs, ome 885's powdercoated white, bilstein 5100's all the way around with 12 inch travel on the rear, Light Racing Upper Control Arms, Sway bar removed, 17x9 kmc strike. 35x12.50 nitto Trail Grapplers. Satoshi Grill made by (homertaco), Black Headlight housings,retrofits, Tinted Tailights, color matched grill, Bought a TRD sport hood,elite off road front plate bumper,elite off road sliders, 13% tint on the front windows, 5% on top of the facotry rear windows and back glass, 5% tint stip across the windshield, Lo Pro Truxedo tonneu cover, Herculiner bed liner, Weather Tech Window Visors, Exhaust- Flowmaster Super 44 dumped above rear axle, Maglight Mount on side of drivers seat, Scangauge II, Mossy Oak Camo Seat Covers, Weather Tech Floor mats, Spatter painted A-Pillars, Spatter painted headunit trim and shifter trim, Headunit= Pioneer 4300 double din touch screen, Speakers- Precision Power 3 way component stage, Precision Power 8 i
    We aren't ignorant to "science and things like this". It's a human being, it's their personal information, images and information. My own blood has health issues and I would be beyond pissed if a picture of them or any identifying information was posted online in a forum by someone with a cell phone or camera and a story.

but like he said in one of the post dont remember which one it was "this man did not make it" on the first picture therefore he died in the hospital operating room so therefore the body is now government property so if they wish to take pictures or so for they are aloud. it is called science like i said before and like he explained this is his field he loves and wouldnt not change a thing if you dont approve get off of this thread you dont have to be a jackass not just saying you but to any of the people on this thread that are being you dont have to post your comments about what he is doing neavitively. just click the button that says home and no more do you have to look at it nor read it. :) have a nice day

14. Jan 15, 2011 at 8:08 AM
    DrewH

DrewH Well-Known Member

Member:
    Listen Ass Clown, how about you STFU. It isn't the legality of it thats the problem. And in no way is this thread educational in anyway. Unless he's teaching disrespecting the dead and their families.

15. Jan 15, 2011 at 8:11 AM
    pudge151

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum
    maybe this should get locked

16. Jan 15, 2011 at 8:15 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Maybe it should. This one can fall to the bottom...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top