1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My planned build, need feedback please

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by whiteboy, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Feb 22, 2012 at 12:03 AM
    whiteboy

whiteboy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Glendale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD sport
    Kings, alcans, 33's blah blah read my build thread in sig
    I currently have a 2006 BSP TRD Sport 4x4 AC that's just about completely stock. I've finally decided to invest a little money into my truck to make it more off road capable. I plan on doing a suspension lift, getting new tires and wheels and getting a new front and back bumper along with skid plates.
    My plans are to get:
    -Bruteforce front+rear bumper
    -Budbuilt skid plates
    -Konig wheels in black or bronze, either 17x8 or 16x8 don't know yet
    -Unsure of tires at the moment. At what size will I start to have rubbing? I don't mind a little trimming.
    -OME suspension lift kit on toytec with 886 coils and rear dakar springs
    -LR UCA's or TC UCA's? Will the average mechanic be able to adjust these for an alignment?

Now with this setup, do I need a front differential drop kit? I've read mixed reviews on it so I'm not sure Do I need any extended brake lines or anything? . I'm in a pickle for the wheels as well. I don't know if I should get 16" or 17". Is there a benefit to going with 16" wheels for more off road action because of increased sidewall and the tires air down better on 17" wheels vs 16" wheels or something, right? Any tire recommendations for dirt/mud but aren't horrible on pavement? From what I've been reading I'll need some UCA's to correct my allignment with the lift, correct? LR or TC? I've been more of a motorcycle fan so truck stuff is new to me. Sorry for the dumb questions :eek:. I did do searching prior to this thread but I'd rather not bring multiple threads back from the grave only to ask one question in each of them.

Thank you for your time.

2. Feb 22, 2012 at 10:12 PM
    whiteboy

whiteboy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Glendale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD sport
    Kings, alcans, 33's blah blah read my build thread in sig
    Decided on the black Konigs in 16x8. Haven't picked out tires yet, though.

To Top