1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My rant about Air Force ORIs

Discussion in 'Military' started by missileman125fw, May 13, 2009.

1. May 14, 2009 at 3:22 PM
    steviestyles

steviestyles The "Search" tab is your friend!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    Hey a SAT is a passing grade....I know you probably wanted more for all the efforts prepping for the ORI, but nothing wrong with a SAT.

I'm an augmentee inspector for our MAJCOM IG team, and yes you do see it. Some people are ate up about the job, and some look at it from a sensible point of view. Most are the latter, but you always get that one person who goes on a power trip. Boy do I have stories from my time going on inspections.

2. May 14, 2009 at 3:51 PM
    missileman125fw

missileman125fw [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boy, I'd like to hear some of them stories! Are you with the ACC IG? What section do you inspect? Do you know MSgt Hendershot?
    I just found out that the wing got an Excellent but Munitions got a Marginal. Damn, that burns my ass!

3. May 14, 2009 at 4:23 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Man, I feel your pain.... had to put up with those nasty exercises for a LONG TIME.... Gave it up and sure don't miss the exercises. Shaw is getting ready for theirs next month.

Even though you feel you didn't get the rating you thought you deserved, you passed!!! That means no retest and more practice.... Even though your team might have done well, doesn't mean the whole bomb dump did a good job.... It just takes one guy not doing something right to screw it up for everyone else. :(

4. May 14, 2009 at 4:27 PM
    KMN-BLU

KMN-BLU less work/more play

Member:
    Destin, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD PRO

It is actually Valparasio that is sueing to block the F-35s from coming to Eglin. Valp is in the direct flight path of all incoming aircraft military and commercial alike. This is all about the noise factor and the claim that the F-35 is alledgedly 10 times louder than the current F15 and F16 aircraft that are here.

It is a new training squadron that will be coming in and they expect the F-35 Aircraft to launch a sortie every 30 seconds during these training sessions. They had one of these F -35s visit the base a couple weeks ago and someone representing the city of Valp was stationed at the end of the runway in the flight path recording the noise factor of an F 35 landing and taking off. The lawyers state is is to loud for the community and it will make all children and pets to need hearing aids within a few months.

With the 3rd fighter wing leaving this area soon it doesnt leave much of a mission for Eglin AFB to survive off of. They need this F -35 squadron to come here but a few of the locals dont see it that way.

5. May 14, 2009 at 4:32 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...

let them get a B-1 flying over at full throttle....then they can talk loud. they would rattle the dorms on base at Dyess

6. May 14, 2009 at 4:32 PM
    missileman125fw

Member:
    Eglin AFB was there loooong before those sub divisions moved in around that base. Maybe people should realize what they are moving next to before they buy! The same thing happens all over this country. Most of these bases have been around since before WWII. If it was up to fucktards like these people, we would only have bases in the desert.

7. May 14, 2009 at 4:36 PM
    jrw1965

jrw1965 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Southern Maryland
    Vehicle:
    '08 dbl cab long bed 4 x 4
    Front tint, Stainless steel nerf bars, Leer tonneau, Rear spring TSB, Michelin LTX A/T2 265 70 16, Pioneer AVIC X910 so far
    I was at Misawa at that time. That was a long time ago. Man that brings back memories, sure did suck then though

8. May 14, 2009 at 4:48 PM
    missileman125fw

Member:
    Unfortunatly, the inspectors spent most of their time at missile build-up. So, we got alot of the write-ups. Problem is we couldn't win. A buddy of mine was moving a missile trailer when we got attacked. He went to throw the chocks down and brake the trailer whne the inspector walked over and said "Hey, you need to take cover". So, Terry went to take cover. They then asked Terry why he didn't chock and brake the trailer!!!
    In my build-up area we are on a covered MAC pad. It is covered so you don't have to double-wrap the handling equipment. During an attack we ran to take cover. The inspectors contaminated my trailers. I asked them why they slimmed it. They said they could slim that or if I'd like they find something else to slim!

Ain't that the truth!

9. May 14, 2009 at 5:50 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.

I'm waiting for people in my subdivision to do the same thing... It does get loud when the yard darts take off and land and during exercises... giant voice is great (not) at 2 am :D Some of the newer houses are less than 1/4 mile from the base.... and they were built in the last 3 years.

10. May 14, 2009 at 5:51 PM
    The_Hodge

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    after i got off AD, i delivered mail for sumter and on base....so i know EXACTLY what ur talking about.

11. May 14, 2009 at 6:21 PM
    KMN-BLU

Member:
    Destin, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD PRO

I got a follow on assignment to a marine base in hawaii. I got to play jarhead for the next 7 years after that. I spent more time deployed off island than on it. But it was still better than being in Misawa were it didnt get over 60 degrees for 4 years. And no offense to any jarheads, I was assigned to a joint service unit essentially becoming a marine in an airforce Uniform. I left that place with more damn medals than my shirt could hold up though becuase of being deployed in every shit hole place in the world. But i did enjoy my job.

12. May 14, 2009 at 6:37 PM
    missileman125fw

Member:
    Ha, ain't that the truth??!!
    It was snowing the day I got to Misawa and it was snowing the day I left. It was so cold there that myself and a buddy of mine were on the flightline at night in sub-zero weather doing missile 20 flight inspections. He turned and ran right into the wing of an F-16. Busted his lip wide open! It hurt just looking at it.

13. May 14, 2009 at 6:41 PM
    steviestyles

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    No, I'm with AMC and I inspect Comm. I'm willing to bet Munitions like POL probably has an extensive area to look at. In AMC the poor fuels guy get written up for all kinds of crap; sounds like they are on the path for a big UNSAT, but normally they walk away with a SAT or even Excellent.

I have a ton of stories, there was this one guy who used to ignore simulated barriers and locked doors. He'd walk through taped off areas, and rip down the tape. He would then write up the "players" as we call the inspectee's for not haveing a single point of entry into a building during alram code black MOPP 4 conditions. He's one of the guys who was ate up by the job. He's retired now, but his legacy remains.

One guy who I think was a fuels inspector didn't care for Reserve or Guardsmen. Well on one inspection, we were 1 day into it and really hadn't started the meat of the inspection. The team chief had the first IG team meeting and asked where the functions stood. Every IG area gave a brief synopsis of where the players were intially at. "Above the line" was a SAT "well above the line" was an Excellent and "Below the line" was a marginal. Well when it got to this guy the story is about, he promptly replies "Well below the line" which means UNSAT. For a unit to start the inspection off with an UNSAT they pretty much have to be doing something criminal. So the Team Chief (an O-6) says shockingly, "Really??? What's going on?" thinking somwthing really bad is going on. Well the inspector says to the effect, "Sir, they're just incompetent, they're a bunch of Reservists, who aren't doing anything right. They're a bunch of walking marginals!" It was funny at the moment, but apparently he kept this attitude for the week, and had an attitude with the unit's Capt. Well the players can rebute a problem with the Team Chief through the Wing Commander. So the Team Chief tells the inspector to tone it done and appologize to the Capt, but he refuses to do so, so the Team Chief ends up sending the inspector home with two days left of the inspection and he was kicked off the team.

14. May 14, 2009 at 6:45 PM
    The_Hodge

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L

damn...if u were ACC IG and inspecting comm we could use a guy like u next month...haha

15. May 14, 2009 at 6:51 PM
    steviestyles

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    If ACC is anything like AMC, and i'm sure it is, their checklists should be available for download. No unit should be shocked at what the inspectors find. AMC lists all it's criteria for ORI's and all functional checklists...In fact here at McGuire we have our ORI in June, we're one of the last TDC comm units in AMC...

16. May 14, 2009 at 7:09 PM
    The_Hodge

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    we're combat comm. not sure how many of us are left in ACC, at least guard that is

17. May 15, 2009 at 6:51 PM
    jrw1965

jrw1965 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Southern Maryland
    Vehicle:
    '08 dbl cab long bed 4 x 4
    Front tint, Stainless steel nerf bars, Leer tonneau, Rear spring TSB, Michelin LTX A/T2 265 70 16, Pioneer AVIC X910 so far
    Yeah, I spent 6 years at Misawa (86-92) I remember one year it snowed in July

18. May 15, 2009 at 6:59 PM
    KMN-BLU

Member:
    Destin, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD PRO

AWWW, you got to experience the excercise years with me then, unless you were up on the hill with ESG.

Damn you were there before they even began to update any base housing. 88ish was bout teh time they moved the BX from that small wooden building to the new place. Place went through some amazing changes during that timeframe.

That place was a haven for trouble. Our commander got kicked out for screwing around with an enlisted chick. The Weather SQ commander got moved down south for getting caught jerking off in the bx parking lot. DUIs out the ass, and so much other stupid shit. Made it interesting though.

19. May 15, 2009 at 11:37 PM
    Bearskill

Bearskill Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab PreRunner Sport
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    Im just as sick of these ORIs as the rest of you guys. Im a jet eng mechanic at a heavy base. Did ORI training for a month while we had a crap load of broke jets. Then I went to Red Flag where we had an ORI there too. They told us when we get back to home base we are done with the ORIs because we have all been graded already. Nope. We get back and I am slated for the next too!!! And after that I just got an email saying I have to come in in PT gear and get into chem gear for like two days on top of that!!! I have been doing this crap for three month now, I just want to come in and go to work!!!! F%^$!!!!!!

20. May 16, 2009 at 12:11 AM
    imsikotic

imsikotic If u cant stand behind our troops. Stand in front

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DesertRunner
    4" Camburg Race Spindles and Icon 2.5" ext travel Coilovers in the front for about 5"of lift and for the rear All-Pro 3" leaf pack and Fox 2.0 Resi's converted to piggyback and custom valved by DownSouth Motorsports. 17x9" KMC XD Addicts w/ 4.5 inch Backspacing and -12 Offset. Wrangler Duratracs 285/70/17. K&N CAI, Exhaust, Carriage Works Billet Grill, Custom Bed bar with ProComp fog lights,DirtKing Fabrication front bumper w/ 3 HID converted Hellas, Demello rear PreRunner bumper, Tinted windows, Full System w/ 2 10s, Garmin 265WT, ClearHLM. Theres more I just cant think of it right now.
    Im in the Marines and I know exactly what you guys are talking about with those F-in inspections. We had 3 differant insp. just befor we headed to Iraq. And anyone of these insp could have shut the squadron down. Talk about upeer leadership being stressed the hell out.. But we did well on all of them.

They have been trying shut my base down for many many years. Im stationed at MCAS Miramar in San Diego, Ca. They are always complaining about the noise. Especially the fuktards the buy a house at the end of the runway. LOL make me laugh at the stupidity.

I've got a couple guys in my unit that are joining on to the F-35 JSF project. Im thinking I want to get involved with the new era of aircraft. Im a little tired of working with the oldest F-18s in the fleet.

Products Discussed in

To Top