1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My #Shitytaco Long Travel LS shitbox build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by tacotunner06, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Dec 9, 2019 at 1:54 PM
    tacotunner06

tacotunner06 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Edmonds, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2006 White Tacoma
    LS Swap with RSG Tranzilla, Custom hi clearance front bumper, Relentless: Slider's, bed rails, rear bumper, Prinsu with 40" BD s8. Dirt Designs 3.5 LT. Archive Garage rear towers/shackle flip/SUA. King Air bumps. King LT Coilovers in front. King 12x2.5 in rear. ARB rear air locker and twin compressor. SCS f5's with 33" Ridge Grapplers. 20" S8 mounted in bumper, squadron sport fog lights, squadron pro backup lights, LP6's bumper mounted.
    Update April 2022:
    I guess I'm finally gonna post a build thread for my truck. First the hashtag was my buddy who can't spell, but apparently I'm the only one who's used it on instagram so I'm sticking with it. I bought this Truck 11 years ago with 160k miles on it for $11k. It was used as a Penske fleet truck. My thought was since a similar year truck with low mileage was almost 30k i could have toyota replace the engine and transmission for still less than another truck. Luckily the engine lasted me this whole time all the way to 269k miles.
    There she is the day i bought her.

I will keep this first post updated with how shes going as i get more pictures uploaded....got about 10 years worth on my laptop i need to sort through.

August 2021:

June 2022 update:

Current Build:

Exterior:
    Custom made front tube bumper with UHMW skid plates
    Advanced 6” Fiberglass fenders
    Advanced 4” fiberglass bedsides
    Custom built dual spare chase rack
    TRD Pro style grille
    Total Chaos Bed Stiffeners
    Vinyl Wrapped Hood and Roof
    2012+ facelift headlights and grille
    Trailready 17” beadlocks with 35” ridge grapplers

Interior:
    PRP Enduro Elite Recliner seats on Solo motorsports brackets
    Prp 4 point latch and link harnesses
    PRP Shreddy wheel with OMP quick release
    2012 updated black interior radio surround
    Kenwood avic stereo
    Full CDT Audio Component speakers
    Zapco Amplifiers
    Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2 Subwoofer
    Expedition Essentials TPAM
    New Dash in 2018
    Bracketeer Fire Extinguisher mount
    Expedition Essentials TPAM
    Full 2” roll cage
    2x switch pros 8100 one in bedsides one in engine bay
    Pci trax intercom
    Kenwood tk7360 radio

Suspension:
    Dirt Designs +3.5 Long Travel 4WD kit
    King 2.5 x 8 coilovers up front
    King 2.5 x 16 coilovers in the rear
    King 3.0 x 16 5 tube bypasses
    Dirt Designs 4 link for dcsb
    King Air Bumps
    Wheelers superbumps
    Jd Fabrication lca mount kit
    Dirt King uca double sheer kit
    Camburg limit straps

Drivetrain:
    6.2L L92 from a 2010 Chevy Silverado
    TR6060 Tranzilla 4x4 with 231 Transfer Case
    Summit Racing Truck Cam
    LS3 intake manifold
    S10 Stainless exhaust Manifolds
    Deatschwerks 350 external pump
    Holley Fuel Rails
    PSI Conversion wiring harness
    Radium Engineering Oil Catch Can
    Earls Oil filter relocation
    1x Summit racing 10" coolant fan
    1x Mishimoto Raceline 10" coolant fan
    Arb rear Air Locker
    ump canister air filter
    Camburg ford 9” 3.5 housing w/ 2.5 race hubs
    Wilwood rear brakes
    Camburg hydraulic hand brake

Electrical:
    Shrockworks Fuse box
    Switchpros 9100 one under hood, one in bedsides
    summit aluminum battery boxes in rear
    2x Optima Red Top 35 series
    Edge Insight CS2 for coolant/oil temp and oil pressure readings
    Arb Single Compressor mounted in Expedition Essentials Bed mount

Lighting:
    Baja Designs s8 40"
    Baja Designs s8 20"
    Baja Designs LP6's
    Diode dynamics ssc2’s reverse lights
    Baja Designs Squadron Sport Fog lights
    Baja Designs Dome Lights mounted under hood
    Baja Designs S1 installed in side of Prinsu Roof Rack
    KC Chase Light

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
  2. Dec 9, 2019 at 1:54 PM
    tacotunner06

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Edmonds, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2006 White Tacoma
    LS Swap with RSG Tranzilla, Custom hi clearance front bumper, Relentless: Slider's, bed rails, rear bumper, Prinsu with 40" BD s8. Dirt Designs 3.5 LT. Archive Garage rear towers/shackle flip/SUA. King Air bumps. King LT Coilovers in front. King 12x2.5 in rear. ARB rear air locker and twin compressor. SCS f5's with 33" Ridge Grapplers. 20" S8 mounted in bumper, squadron sport fog lights, squadron pro backup lights, LP6's bumper mounted.
    So the first thing i had to do was drive her back from Washington where i lived to Wyoming where i was going to school.

And the first thing i really did to her was slide her sideways across I80 and hit a cable gaurd, turns out the tires it came with were shit in any kind of slick condition.
    But luckily for me i was able to find a white bumper on ebay and have it shipped via greyhound and was able to swap it out in the parking lot of my housing so it didn't look terrible for the remainder of my school.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    Slashaar and CGoss like this.
  3. Aug 18, 2020 at 3:25 PM
    ARoman83

ARoman83 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Wisco
    Vehicle:
    '15 TRD OR DCSB PreRunner
    Only legal stuff
    Updates?

4. Aug 18, 2020 at 3:34 PM
    tacotunner06

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Edmonds, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2006 White Tacoma
    it runs.... lol. Some day I’ll get around to real updates and some current stuff...lol

ARoman83[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Oct 19, 2020 at 11:26 PM
    tacotunner06

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Edmonds, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2006 White Tacoma
    Little Picture Dump update from when i did the Engine swap back in Dec/Jan of 19/20

dborrer, Hayrider, Slashaar and 6 others like this.
  6. Oct 19, 2020 at 11:31 PM
    tacotunner06

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Edmonds, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2006 White Tacoma
    Threw a PRP Seat in the drivers side

And installed some Baja Designs S1's in the side of the prinsu rack

Also got rid of the Front ADD Shifter by doing the FJ parts swap

And an Obligatory Moses Lake Dunes Pic

7. Oct 19, 2020 at 11:46 PM
    tacotunner06

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Edmonds, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2006 White Tacoma
    Some pics from piecing my exhaust together, there are three mufflers and two cats in it and its got a really nice tone to it and isn't too loud.

8. Oct 21, 2020 at 7:49 PM
    3NDLESS

3NDLESS Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    '15 DCSB 1GR
    God this is bananas, looks like fun in the dirt! What clutch are you using with that tremec? Beefy trans, beefy engine, that clutch is probably no exception. Oh yeah and how's that driver seat, was thinking of getting zn(c)6 seats but that sport car look doesn't mesh well with how trucks are.

Also I see your little Nissan hehe on the side; hope that gets some love too. I still have the lil KA on mine but been trying to finish up my jzgte longblock.

9. Oct 21, 2020 at 9:58 PM
    tacotunner06

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Edmonds, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2006 White Tacoma
    Yeah its a Mcleod twin plate RST, should be good to like 600-700 whp. I love the PRP, gonna throw one on the passenger side when im not blowing all my money on suspension upgrades. And my 240 sadly doesn't get any love.... for a few years i had it stashed somewhere i couldn't work on it and then when i did put it in the shop i spent all my time on the truck...lol. Maybe one day i'll be satisfied with my truck and get back to working on it.

dborrer, uurx and 3NDLESS[QUOTED] like this.
  10. Dec 11, 2020 at 9:54 AM
    Brian422

Brian422 I fell into the pit that is TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Birmingham, AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 DBCSB F/R Locked, 35's ,Long travel, 23 Tundra 4x4 limited
    Not Stock
    Nice man, Can i get some more info on your core support fabrication? Any more pics?

fatfurious2 likes this.
  11. Dec 11, 2020 at 3:44 PM
    tacotunner06

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Edmonds, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2006 White Tacoma
    Here’s a bunch more pics of it. Originally I only did the top with the lower cross. This time around since I was taking out the wheel wells I fully took it out minus the small area where the cab mounts to the frame, where the headlight brackets mount and the airbag sensors. If I was to do it again I would probably use different tube break clamps. These ones are threaded and use two Allen’s from each side. The ones I would use are just slotted both sides and you use nylocks on whichever side you want and the slot keeps them from spinning.

12. Dec 15, 2020 at 1:34 PM
    fatfurious2

fatfurious2 IG: great_white_taco

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Ashburn, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access Cab
    awesome progress on the radiator subframe! @Arcticelf @Subway4X4 @ovrlndkull

Could you show more of how you mounted the tube to the firewall? What size tube did you use?

13. Dec 15, 2020 at 1:39 PM
    Arcticelf

Arcticelf Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Gladiator
    I was planning to use 1.25x1/8 HREW.

tacotunner06[OP] and fatfurious2 like this.
  14. Dec 15, 2020 at 6:05 PM
    tacotunner06

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Edmonds, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2006 White Tacoma
    its 1.25 Dom tubing, wanna say .12 wall. I cut the little bracing off the outside where the upper fender support comes togethor at the a pillar. Then I welded a doubler in and then welded the tubing to that.

15. Jan 2, 2021 at 9:24 PM
    nuron

nuron Member

Member:
    What is the size and offset of your SCS wheels? It looks to be the -38 version.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  16. Jan 2, 2021 at 10:00 PM
    tacotunner06

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Edmonds, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2006 White Tacoma
    they are the 17x8.5 with -10 offset.

17. Jan 2, 2021 at 10:55 PM
    nuron

nuron Member

Member:
    Ah okay, thanks for confirming. I like the stance your truck has with them on--they poke out a decent amount so I thought they were -38.

18. Jan 2, 2021 at 11:40 PM
    tacotunner06

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Edmonds, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2006 White Tacoma
    Yeah most of the these pictures are on my old +2" long travel kit. plus i have 1.5" spacers in the rear.

19. Mar 18, 2021 at 12:48 PM
    TireFire

TireFire Superunknown Member

Member:
    Olympic Peninsula
    Do you know how much this LS weighs fully dressed with flex plate?

20. Mar 18, 2021 at 1:04 PM
    tacotunner06

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Edmonds, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2006 White Tacoma
    It looks like they are listing the engine with all accessories at just around 418 lbs and the 1grfe is listed at 366 but I’m not sure if that’s with accessories or not.

Products Discussed in

To Top