1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Tacoma Life ( Blog )

Discussion in 'Canada' started by MoonKnight, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Apr 20, 2017 at 11:47 AM
    MoonKnight

MoonKnight [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    Oromocto New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    2018 silver Tacoma TRD or
    Warning this is a heavy read Pictures will come later

I got bored at work so I decide id start this thread about my Tacoma Life

It all started with when I bought a 2003 Chev Tracker I liked it a lot until I took it stock off road got stuck in deep mud and broke my axels getting out never knew I broke anything until one day I was driving to Nova Scotia I was on the cobequid Pass heading into the toll to Nova Scotia well about 5 KM from the toll the Front Axel seized up on me driving 110km I got it pulled over looked under the car still could see nothing wrong had no idea what had happened tried to drive wasn’t moving for a few seconds and then I heard a click and away I went shortly after that

I decided I had enough of the Tracker so I ended up selling it and buying a Toyota Corolla S this is where I kick myself in the ass I do enjoy the corolla but now she is sitting in my drive way with 8 Lugs broke off and a wheel bearing gone but before that happened I had done 2 winters with this car and she seemed fine until last winter I was getting stuck a lot with it I just had enough with that so I wanted a 4X4 Vehicle again I wanted 80s-90s Tacoma or 4runner everyone said Frames are bad frames are bad I didn’t care I wanted that Tacoma

1st find 2009 4Runner fully loaded to the eye balls had everything lift tires it was at a used Toyota stealership in Moncton by Acadia Toyota sat day with I cant remember the guys name I wanted to trade the Corolla for it they only wanted to Give my 7000 for the car and wanted me to pay 5000 down on the truck nah I didn’t want to do that walked out

2nd Found 2001 Toyota Tacoma SR5 at a Auction in Nova Scotia Bid and won SCAM it was a American Truck with a “ GOOD FRAME ” I love this truck checked the frame over it did it looked decent paid a decent price as well got what I paid for first thing I hated about it was the lights they where to dim at night when driving in the woods couldn’t see spit in front of me so I added a 20 inch lightbar on the bumper works great

Have done some light trail rides with her until driving to inlaws Camp in Moncton of the mountain road No Bump indicators didn’t see the bump driving to fast 110 in 80 80 probably for a reason the road is shit but I had been driving that road for years never ever seen this bump and I hit it lots of times until the past summer hit this bump and who says Tacomas don’t get air

After a night of drinking woke up the next morning and the father inlaw says to me “your Frame is broken” so took it to a guy he knew and he fixed it did a really nice job on her paid a 20L Diesel and 20 dollars and stacked some wood

Had to take it in for a Alignment the shop I took it too says the frame is really Bad and I should Crush the truck cant do that its my only vehicle right now ( at the time) so now its time to replace it

I have a Son a wife and 2 dogs and Friends I like to hunt and fish I figured I want a Double Cab now instead of the extra cab so Again this time I took my Corolla to Saint John Toyota and talked to Jordan ( Recommended ) he did everything he could to tried to get my into a 2016 TRD SPORT I wanted he got me what I wanted for Trade in got me what I wanted to pay a Month I was happy as could be until the 2 days later he calls me and says sorry we cant sell you the Tacoma you owe to much money on the car I said fine thank you ill wait till 2020 and try again another 2 days later he calls me and says he got me Approved for a 2015 TRD OFF ROAD Double Cab a Elderly Couple had bought it to tow a Trailer to Florida it only had 60,000 km on it I was in love again I wanted this truck would of walked away paying 35,000 +/- the kicked the loan was with Scotia Bank for 29% interest rate I would of ened up paying like 50,000 for a used 2015 I said you have a Deal if you can change that rate he said no I said sorry to have wasted your time ill see you in 4 years for a Brand New 2020 tacoma ( still might be a plan)

So after all of this I said fuck it ill keep the 01 until I driver to the ground or Burn it to the ground witch ever came 1st

Around august time frame past I get a phone call from my father and he tells me he had found my a truck I have 3 days to think about it or its gone 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport the DCLB price was too good so I asked what was wrong with it he said it may need to new Engine ( I Paid more the the Engine then the truck ) I asked if he could fix it he said he could I said take my money not knowing engine prices and not knowing finding a engine for these trucks is had I figured call a junk yard buy a engine well end a Feb my truck failed the Saftey inspection for

Signal light glass was broken ( Got Fixed )

Driver side Caliper Seized ( got Fixed)

Passenger Shock Broke plus the mont broke off frame ( replaced and fixed )

So once info was passed along we thought we could fix the engine got the engine out april 5th and taken apart and found 3 rods loose all the bearings need to be replaced and the crank is damaged and need to be turned it will cost more the repair it then to replace it this was april 6th

april 10th bought a 2004 toyota 4runner

april 18th engine is out of 4runner

now this has been to date more to follow as it gets going the

the 4runner engine turns over by hand and is getting dropped into the coma now or soon

thanks for reading

- chris -

2. Apr 20, 2017 at 12:06 PM
    MoonKnight

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    Oromocto New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
  3. Apr 20, 2017 at 12:11 PM
    MoonKnight

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    Oromocto New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
  4. Apr 21, 2017 at 6:26 AM
    MoonKnight

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    Oromocto New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    4runner engine as we know has a cracked oil pan the plan is is to take the oil pan from the old Tacoma Engine and to make sure the 4runner engine runs then have it put into the Tacoma
    planning it to be up and running and on the road by end April

5. May 2, 2017 at 4:44 PM
    MoonKnight

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    Oromocto New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    Nope the 4Runner engine was no good either opened up the cover and the water pump housing was cracked and beyond repair found another engine Sunday made a offer to buy the engine but the guy gave me a offer to buy my truck because of the double cab told me to call him Monday he took my offer for the engine going to get it this coming weekend

6. May 4, 2017 at 8:34 AM
    MoonKnight

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    Oromocto New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    After the offer the owner called back and said there is some damage to the engine water pump ,oil pan areas so we went and looked at the engine Wednesday all the parts broken on the engine can be replaced with the parts on my engine the plan is the owner is going to have the engine out Friday and picked Saturday or Sunday the plan is to have the truck possibly the may 2-4 weekend may be able to pick up before or after 28th may

7. May 6, 2017 at 4:41 PM
    MoonKnight

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    Oromocto New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    the engine was picked up Friday afternoon

8. May 9, 2017 at 10:16 PM
    Sterdog

Sterdog Offline

Member:
    First Name:
    I am Groot
    People's Democratic Republic of Canuckistan
    Vehicle:
    15 FoST
    WTF?

I know people with zero equity in anything and a paying job that have 0% loans from Ford and GM. How does this happen?

Best of luck with the engine swap.

9. May 13, 2017 at 5:03 AM
    MoonKnight

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    Oromocto New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    The engine seems okay just need to switch the timing belt from old engine into new engine and a few other minor parts

10. May 18, 2017 at 5:06 AM
    MoonKnight

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    Oromocto New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    update as of yesterday(17th may 2017) the engine is good to go and will be getting put into the truck today(18 may 2017)

the plan is ,is to have it ready before 28th may 2017 and for me to have it registered and on the road the buy june 16 2017

11. May 18, 2017 at 5:11 AM
    MoonKnight

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    Oromocto New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    I don't know , a buddy of mine did just that went into get a 2017 TRD OR and Toyota wouldn't approve him for the Financing , then he went to GM they told him the samething until he went to ford and they gave him a Fully Loaded 17 F150

I would do the same but starting I don't want a GM and I will never buy a FORD or Dodge I hear Ford and dodge will give anybody trucks

Products Discussed in

To Top