1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Tonneau Research

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by bookmonke, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Apr 7, 2010 at 6:24 PM
    bookmonke

bookmonke [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC PreRunner Rugged Trail
    Needs to be easy to use, easy to remove, fairly watertight. I’m paranoid, so it must be fairly secure, have considered the Trifecta and still am, just concerned about someone cutting it if traveling overnight, which is something I haven’t done in years. I already have pop n lock installed for the tail gate and lastly a good value for the dollar, unless I find one on craigslist and that throws in a monkey wrench. So with that being said, the 4 I am considering, so if I missed anything please sing out.

Undercover
    Hard cover with locks, can maybe used with cleats, can use all bed but must plan ahead by removing first, may take 2 to remove. No problems noted, except maybe cleat usage while on.

Extang Solid Fold
    Hard folding cover, no lock but is locked with tail gate, takes about 14” of bed when folded, can be removed quickly and still use cleats, mounts with rail system. Sits just less than 2” above bed top. No problems noted.

BakFlip G2
    Hard folding cover, no lock but is locked with tail gate, takes about 5” of bed when folded, can be removed quickly and can not use cleats, mounts with rail system. Sits almost flush with bed top. Problem with rivets failing on support.

Fold a Cover G4 Elite
    Hard folding cover, locks itself at cab and tail gate, tail gate lock still needed for complete security, takes about 14” of bed when folded, front opens and back folds, can be removed by unbolting the hinges at pivot point, still can use cleats, part mounts with 3M tape for looks and weatherproofness. Sits just less than 2” about bed top. Problems, may have to drill some and maybe the 3M tape holding up to elements.

2. Apr 7, 2010 at 6:43 PM
    taos07

taos07 Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5 TRD Off Road
    It's hawt. Locks down tight, uses a rod locking system, not a chain. Painted by Amish guys. What more could you ask for?

Products Discussed in

To Top