1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My TRD seat covers are for sale on Ebay!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Jeremyjet1, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Mar 2, 2009 at 6:19 PM
    rick

rick `

Member:
    so are any of the 2 seat covers still 4 sale?

2. Mar 2, 2009 at 6:21 PM
    awoit

awoit Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD, SR5
  3. Mar 2, 2009 at 11:52 PM
    Jeremyjet1

Jeremyjet1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 TRD Sport
    none yet
    This was my only post on tacoma world plugging anything on ebay (not 50%) as someone else claims. The reason I posted them on ebay was to cover my own A** for the payment. I also didn't know he was a tacoma world member (he had a friend post the auction for him) I have a reply from his friend apologizing for using the pics, maybe I did jump the gun but with all the fraud that goes on at ebay I didn't want to be associated with that action especially with my auction on going. I have sold things on Ebay since 1999 and have 100% positive feedback and I didn't want to risk damaging it. I also sent awoit a message explaining what I did and giving him full permission to use the photos. (his seat covers should sell pretty quick with all the exposure on this thread). I hope this resloves it. Just kinda caught off guard by the whole thing :confused: . Have a great week all

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Mar 2, 2009 at 11:56 PM
    Jeremyjet1

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 TRD Sport
    none yet
    Oh by the way. I don't want to make money....:D I just love to sell seat covers. :D:D:D:D:D

5. Mar 3, 2009 at 6:07 AM
    Veccster

Veccster bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro
    I think it was a dick move to use the same pictures at the same time. Stock pictures are OK but personal ones are not.

I usually use my own pictures as I have a digi but sometimes I am lazy and have used pictures from other eBay ads. When I do, I ALWAYS wait until their auction is over before posting mine with their pictures. Less competition means higher price anyway. I just save the picture onto my computer and use later.

Those are nice seat covers and have considered it but they conflict with the side impact air bags in my 09 seats. I assume Toyota will come out with new ones that do not conflict, if they haven't already. You would think they would have those available when the first 09 rolled off the line.

I'm sure they make a killing on the aftermarket accessory market.

6. Mar 3, 2009 at 6:58 AM
    steviestyles

steviestyles The "Search" tab is your friend!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    I agree with Jeremyjet. If I'm looking at ebay ads and I see the same home taken pictures from two ads from 2 different sellers, I'm going to think it's a scam. I want to see an accurate reprensetation of what I'm buying. He could of used the photo from the Toyota accesory site if he didn't have his own picture, or list on craigslist for a local sale. Awoit jumped the gun calling you names, but htne again we haven't seen all the IM messages between the 2 of you IMO.

7. Mar 3, 2009 at 7:29 AM
    Hardcorehehaw

Hardcorehehaw 1 man wolf pack

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray PreRunner
    Debadged, 20" Liquid Metal Magmas, Yokohama Parada Spec x 285/50/20, Llumar clear bra, Fold-A-Cover G4, Weathertech liners, Wet Okole seat covers, JBS technologies keyless entry keypad.
    From one of your earlier posts...
    You went from 6 to 15 posts all in this thread about your seat covers, that's about half your posts, right?
    I just hate it when people use forums to plug their eBay auctions, nothing personal dude.
    I'm a moderator on two other forums where people can be suspended or banned for that type of thing. It's not fair to the legitimate businesses that pay for advertising on the website. Selling something within the forum to TW members is fine, but using the forum as a form of advertising for a 3rd party sale seems kinda messed up to me. Just my opinion..

8. Mar 3, 2009 at 9:11 AM
    Jeremyjet1

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 TRD Sport
    none yet
    All but one of my post on this thread have been explaining what events transpired. The original posting was the only one on this thread before the auction ended. I can't plug my auction after someone has bought the item and the auction has ended. :confused: But I have learned my lesson I'll never post an auction link on here again. :D

9. Mar 3, 2009 at 10:54 PM
    awoit

awoit Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD, SR5

10. Mar 3, 2009 at 11:01 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    I would have to say I don't mind people posting links for ebay auctions, especially if its something I'm interested in. They ARE trying to get more advertisement but they are doing TW members a favor by letting them know an auction is being held for something they may want to partake in. However this should have been in Buy/Sell/Trade

Products Discussed in

To Top