1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

my truck wouldn't move this morning!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Rakso, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Jul 20, 2010 at 7:44 PM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    1. since your an auto i wouldnt use the parking brake anyway. 2. for a newer truck in cali, i find it very odd the brakes stuck at all. next time maybe try reverse too?

2. Jul 20, 2010 at 7:47 PM
    Rakso

Rakso [OP] CeRaTi

Member:
    First Name:
    OsKaR
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    LSK LT in Progress, custom bed cage, DMZ SUA kit with 2.5 kings triple bypass, kings bump stops, baja bumper, rear custom tube bumper, glass all around, Weather Tech Liners, wet okole seat covers, Cluster LED Swap, HU LED Swap, hood LEDs, bed LEDs, etc etc etc
    :eek: :eek: I washed the tires and rims, then I drove it like 20 ft, then I let it sit all night in the driveway :eek: :eek:

3. Jul 20, 2010 at 8:45 PM
    CopDoctor

CopDoctor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 335i
    BMS Intake, JB4 chip, Plastidip everywhere
    why on earth would you not use the parking brake? maybe things are different here in colorado but i sure as hell don't want all my weight on my transmission the whole night

4. Jul 20, 2010 at 8:50 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    Well, I had the exact same thing happen to my 07 a couple years back after I washed it and let it sit over night. The next morning it wouldn't budge...after a few attemps to go forward and reverse I was able to break it free.. it was like the brakes were seized/rusted...hasn't happened since.
    On a side note..after getting a new gas pedal did the dealer do the brake overide tsb?

5. Jul 20, 2010 at 8:53 PM
    YeahYeah

YeahYeah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    (My Home - Murrieta, CA) Now, Alexandria, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Pre-Runner
    mud flaps gone, second air-filter gone, DTRL, fog light whenever and work with hi-beams, cut exhaust (was wicked flow), flat black stock rims, ABS switch, cup holder led's (with switch), turning signal mod #45, Bilstien 5100's, grill mesh
    Uh, quick question..... car thieves?! unless ur in ur garage with the door closed, but that would make fumes build up. hmmmm just wonderin :eek:

6. Jul 20, 2010 at 9:20 PM
    Rakso

Rakso [OP] CeRaTi

Member:
    First Name:
    OsKaR
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    LSK LT in Progress, custom bed cage, DMZ SUA kit with 2.5 kings triple bypass, kings bump stops, baja bumper, rear custom tube bumper, glass all around, Weather Tech Liners, wet okole seat covers, Cluster LED Swap, HU LED Swap, hood LEDs, bed LEDs, etc etc etc
    My truck is an 09 I have no idea :confused:

7. Jul 20, 2010 at 9:21 PM
    Rakso

Rakso [OP] CeRaTi

Member:
    First Name:
    OsKaR
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    I've always used the parking brake. There's a reason for it.

8. Jul 20, 2010 at 9:22 PM
    Yoytoda

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Vehicle:
    completely stock
    the parking pawl is designed to hold the trucks weight. it wont hurt it. in ny it would be suicide to use the parking break on any vehicle over 5yrs old (damn salt) i lived on a pretty steep hill in ny and have a rail road tie sunk in a bit at the top. wed drive over it with the front wheels it would hold the weight of the truck without puting it in park (always did anyway obviously)

9. Jul 20, 2010 at 9:22 PM
    TacomaMtnMan

TacomaMtnMan those who seek fear shall be followed by fear

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Broomfield
    Vehicle:
    Fox Shox lifted DC 4x4
    3" lift using Fox Shocks Coilover, Total Chaos UCA's. Running: Duratrac 285/70/17 Rear suspension just a 1" block for now. Will have custom rear springs no block. Fox w/ Resi.
    I had something very similar happen to my old ranger as well...Basically it sounded like my breaks were very stuck and it popped out eventually.

10. Jul 20, 2010 at 9:27 PM
    Rakso

Rakso [OP] CeRaTi

Member:
    First Name:
    OsKaR
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
  11. Jul 20, 2010 at 9:28 PM
    xroller

xroller Blowin by em sideways

Member:
    First Name:
    Ramon
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma Xrunner Speedway Blue
    1 hp mod
    It's actually been proven that you shouldn't let your truck "warm up" at idle..... the best warm up is start up- wait 60 sec. drive it easy until it reaches normal operating temps and you are good to go..... just fyi....

12. Jul 20, 2010 at 9:33 PM
    Yoytoda

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Vehicle:
    completely stock
    x2 i read once that when the engine is cold the oil is thicker and the oil pump doesnt produce as much oil pressure at idle especially with the thicker colder oil. This can starve the top end.

In cali in july, the trucks already half way to op temps.

In my truck in ny there were morning my truck didnt reach full op temps until 15 miles down the road lol

13. Jul 20, 2010 at 9:37 PM
    Rakso

Rakso [OP] CeRaTi

Member:
    First Name:
    OsKaR
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    To warm up or not to warm up?? :rolleyes:
    :notsure: :pccoffee:

14. Jul 20, 2010 at 11:38 PM
    myname150

myname150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    x3

i read somewhere in our owner's manual, that IS the best way to warm up a truck and dont accelerate hard/race a cold engine.

Plus when its winter here, i just put er' in neutral and rev the engine between 1,500 - 2,000 RPM with the heater at max at my first stop light (it always takes forever to change in the mornings) It does help get the heater going, and by the time i reach my first stop light, im sure my oil isnt as cold as it was when it sat in the icy night and technically im not accelerating hard or racing my engine :)

15. Jul 21, 2010 at 12:11 AM
    dimitrik

dimitrik Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dimitri
    Quebec
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab TRD-Offroad
    AllPro Skidplate
    They can be stuck when it is humid and hot. Not just cold weather. I had the same problem. I just use first to park now more.

Products Discussed in

To Top