1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

N2 Designs 2016-2022 Tacoma 3x OEM FOB Plug n Play Remote Starter Kit (AT & MT) + Smart Module

Discussion in 'N2 Designs' started by N2DesignsInc, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Oct 11, 2018 at 11:37 PM
    N2DesignsInc

N2DesignsInc [OP] --------------------------- N2 Designs, Inc. Vendor

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 that identifies itself as a 2021
    Mods: Is this still a Tacoma?
    All, tracking numbers should be reflected in an automated email by tomorrow, they were added for the PTS only orders, next up forntesting and programming is everyone else.

I’ve upgraded everyones free shipping to Priority Mail from Forst class. Priority is 2-3 business days to help expedite things. So once you get a tracking, that’s how much longer until you get the product. They should all be out in everyone’s hands by the end of next week.

2. Oct 12, 2018 at 10:51 AM
    N2DesignsInc

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    It takes 24 hours to reflect and send the updated/automated email. The USPS has been experiencing technical difficulties..working in getting it resolved. Not sure if it’s hurricane related but their website has been acting buggy...

3. Oct 12, 2018 at 7:50 PM
    NCtaco914

NCtaco914 MALLIN'CRAWLIN'

Member:
    First Name:
    NEIL
    NORTH CAROLINA
    Vehicle:
    17' DCSB TRD O/R
    Still in stock?

4. Oct 12, 2018 at 9:12 PM
    N2DesignsInc

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    I had ordered a little more than extra for those who were late for the show last time and late to the show this time. When supplies run out, there will be a two week lapse in sales until it is resumed again st regular price as noted in the first post. Get it while you can. Down to a handful now...

https://www.n2designsinc.com/shop

NCtaco914 likes this.
  5. Oct 13, 2018 at 1:47 PM
    Derrick2972

Derrick2972 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
    I ordered the H key remote starter but also considering the smart phone addon. Is there any way you can post a demo of how it works? And app screen shots?

6. Oct 13, 2018 at 1:50 PM
    N2DesignsInc

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
  7. Oct 14, 2018 at 4:36 PM
    Franks4

Franks4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Are these still available?

8. Oct 14, 2018 at 9:06 PM
    SunMun

SunMun Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Is this the 12 volt solution kit you were selling on sale or is it something your company had made? If its something from N2 whats the reviews compared to 12 volt or other companies

9. Oct 15, 2018 at 8:46 PM
    phobos85

phobos85 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 White Tacoma TRD Off Road
    1" Lift, Black out kit
    Can you post an installation video? It looks like we will be getting our units this week - I'd like to gather the tools I need.

10. Oct 15, 2018 at 9:32 PM
    TacoTruck808

TacoTruck808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oahu in the Aloha State!
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB, Prem & Tech Pkg, MGM
    I just googled “Tacoma remote start install” and got some links to some YouTube videos posted to get an idea of how to remove the panels and where to plug everything in. Seemed simple enough.

N2DesignsInc[OP] likes this.
  11. Oct 15, 2018 at 11:16 PM
    N2DesignsInc

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    Will do! It’s 5 screws and some pulling. I hate trim as everyone already knows but I can handle this! I’ll email blast everyone links within a day or two on complete install including trim removal, remote install, programming, and smart unit add on. I’ve also included a 2 page printed instruction in color with pictures. On top of that I’ve made myself avaliable for support day or night, including Saturday and Sunday.

12. Oct 15, 2018 at 11:24 PM
    N2DesignsInc

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    Same hardware, different sender. Neither I nor 12 volt claim to be manufacturers of these devices. We both have the same factory brand access and wholesale/resell sources. We differ in that I don’t charge a premium to put my name on it and it doesn’t come in a 12volt cardboard mailer box. Hopefully that hints at what I’m getting at. Feel free to PM or call me if you have anymore questions. With that said, much respect to 12 volt for making a name for themselves in the industry. They are a good company, but again, they will even tell you they don’t claim to manufacture anything other than some in-house plug n play harnesses for some of the main stream brands of remote starters we both sell. They close the gaps on vehicles that don’t have a plug n play option from these factory brands that offer a starter, but not the plug n play T harness. Fortunately, the Tacoma has a plug n play harness directly from the factory without the need for me to re-create the wheel.

13. Oct 16, 2018 at 1:09 AM
    Derrick2972

Derrick2972 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Are you going to ship the smart phone addon the same day? I'm going to put in my order today.

14. Oct 16, 2018 at 8:14 AM
    TacOto

TacOto Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cement Tacoma TRD Off Road
    any still available? The link to your website isn't showing anything except blank page.

Interested in module and phone add on.
    Is this the "push lock button 3 times" to start setup with a smartphone add on?

Another question I had is do you know of a way to integrate this to my smart home setup. I would love to run a routine that opens my garage and starts my car.
    Options would be IFTTT, apple shortcuts, apple home, smartthings, HAS, etc. The most important part i think would be a way to send the "start" signal from another source other than the app or to have a trigger that sends from the app.
    Is the CarLink app the only app? How does that work? thanks!

15. Oct 16, 2018 at 11:59 AM
    mlheiman

mlheiman Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD
    Placed order # 10052.

16. Oct 16, 2018 at 10:24 PM
    N2DesignsInc

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    Great questions!

Try a different browser, or go to www.n2designsinc.com and click on shop. I’ve only got the flash sale going for Tacoma’s. I’m also taking orders for different vehicles by request only, as there are too many harnesses to stock. Stocking randomly takes away from the savings I’m passing on to fellow forum members. Each day my stock is dropping to only a few and we’re literally very close to depletion. Once gone, price goes up again since I wouldn’t be ordering freight shipping as a onetime cost, so I have to cover onsie twosie shipping to me which is why price goes up slightly (shipping to you will always be free) and I’ve actually chosen to standardize on Prioroty Mail 2-3 day free for all during flash sales instead of First Class 3-5 days because of my requirement to test each unit I’m shipping on an actual Tacoma. Finally, a future flash sale date will be a mystery!

As far as 3rd party integration, trust me when I say if the vendor gave me the open source, I would add Alexa, Google Home, and IFFT integration. I would also add source code to integrate to fuel level if I could tap into the signal myself and put an add on to the T harness (wire leads that can be optionally tapped to the fuel signals) to indicate your fuel level in the app and give you the option to not run the vehicle if you’re on fumes. I would also consider HVAC integration by creating my own harness that would tie into the logic of the bypass unit, however, two problems are posed here:

Highly doubt the factory will give me o tellectual rights to the device firmware so I can utilize onboard I/O, rightfully so as this is a sensitive device that is NHTSA (National Highway and Transportation Saftey) approved, tampering would void it and can be unsafe. As of now the factory assumes liability. There are a few apps that all do the same but private labeled under different names because this smart device is sold to 3 different labels, but all act the same way, so in other words, same source code, different skin/GUI. That doesn’t address anything you’re inquiring about though.

The app allows you to start and stop your engine, lock and unlock your doors, check your door status (if locked or not), see your vehicles battery level, and locate your vehicle. If this was going on a vehicle with an OEM fob that has trunk pop, windows roll down and so on, then the app allows you to add those buttons too. Unfortunately our Tacoma’s don’t have any extra features. Here are some screenshots.

B5483252-2B21-4475-BAC7-EC641E3A10E2.jpg

F71421F1-C619-412E-B2C2-A2E0782AF6C5.jpg

17. Oct 16, 2018 at 10:27 PM
    N2DesignsInc

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    Yes, all at once. Everything is packaged ready to go, waiting on the newer, better smart devices to send to all those that ordered it as a set. I was not going to send the outdated garbage the vendor sent me thinking it’s all the same. (Vendor sent me Verizon CDMA crap). It would’ve been a disaster if I didn’t notice and sent them all out to everyone. I wouldn’t pull a fast one on my customers, and I would sell anyone anything I wouldn’t use myself. I’d rather not sell anything if it came down to it.

18. Oct 16, 2018 at 10:35 PM
    N2DesignsInc

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    Same hardware. Not sold for or from 12volt. You would be paying a lot more for no reason. Neither I nor 12volt are manufacturers of the units themselves. 12volt makes some harnesses i house for vehicles that otherwise have a remote starter unit avaliable but no plug n play. In this case, there is plug in play harnesses avaliable for the Tacoma’s directly from the factory so no need for me to re-invent the wheel and risk QA/QC. No complaints from anyone as we’re very personable, speak directly with everyone whether they buy or not, and well whatever reviews 12volt has for the actual product, then it’s the same, because at the end of the day, 12volt and myself have the same factory and wholesale sources. I’m just not charging you a premium because of my company name. 12volt is a great company and has made a name for themselves in the industry, but because of that, there is a price to pay for it. Stay tuned, reviews will slowly pour on here in the next few weeks, but I likely won’t have any more left until an undisclosed date.

19. Oct 17, 2018 at 6:11 PM
    slowlane

slowlane Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    16 double cab MGM
    @jayrobot just got my remote start. hope to have it installed this weekend. great cust. service. fast ship times. great packaging. i cant think why it wouldnt be, im sure the product works great too. well find out this weekend. thanks!!

20. Oct 17, 2018 at 7:44 PM
    MESO

MESO Major Modder Vendor

Member:
    State of Jefferson
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCLB TRD HELLCAT SWAP
    Got mine as well. Everything looked great, but my OCD didn’t like the black tape bundle. (Once black tape heats up it gets all gooey and nasty). So I re-bundled the unused connectors with matching Tesa tape. Should have time to throw it in this weekend

8B2B32B1-9EDA-429A-A457-1627C2F94A75.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top