1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

N2 Designs 2016-2022 Tacoma 3x OEM FOB Plug n Play Remote Starter Kit (AT & MT) + Smart Module

Discussion in 'N2 Designs' started by N2DesignsInc, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Mar 6, 2020 at 7:52 AM
    Kh21650

Kh21650 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Karl
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD-OffRoad shortbed
    Does anyone know why the red lock light keeps blinking? I just installed the remote start and the App to start it.

2. Mar 6, 2020 at 11:15 AM
    N2DesignsInc

N2DesignsInc [OP] --------------------------- N2 Designs, Inc. Vendor

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 that identifies itself as a 2021
    Mods: Is this still a Tacoma?
    Your OEM security/alarm light? On your car's console? What red light are you talking about?

3. Mar 6, 2020 at 7:30 PM
    Kh21650

Kh21650 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Karl
    Vehicle:
    It’s the OEM security/alarm light.

4. Mar 6, 2020 at 10:03 PM
    Hot Taco sauce

Hot Taco sauce Well-Known Member

Member:
    WI
    Vehicle:
    Dclb lover
    Just starting out, give me time
    Any timeline when the Android version is coming out??

5. Mar 7, 2020 at 12:06 AM
    N2DesignsInc

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    Ok?...And you've never noticed that it's always been there ;), because it has...that is your OEM alarm deterrence light :). This is not an issue related to the remote starter, in fact, not even an issue at all because that's what it's supposed to do...blink when the car is armed (even if you don't have an OEM alarm). They all have that light. It's solid when "arming" then blinks when locked and "armed" (even if there is no OEM alarm), it's then a dummy light in that case. You're good.

6. Mar 8, 2020 at 7:40 AM
    reymataco

reymataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2020 DCLB Off Road Premium in Slowsand
    Hey Jimmy,
    I installed my 2020 PTS kit yesterday. So far so good. I will have to test the bluetooth mic thing as described in previous posts here... My only complaint is that the telematics wire isn't quite long enough to be tucked away on the drivers side, once run to the passenger side. I fished it in a straight line, no unnecessary curves or detours in the routing. Its about 6-12" too short to neatly tuck away post-install. I mounted the main unit right beside the ECU. The wire sticks out from the ECU area down past the brake pedal. Not bad enough to be an issue, but an easy problem to solve if the wires were just a tag bit longer. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,
    Matt

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b55.jpg

7. Mar 8, 2020 at 2:09 PM
    N2DesignsInc

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    Hi Matt!

Your mounting location is 2 feet to far too the left....and that initial curve under the brake pedal and around the steering column is costing you that short. No one else has experienced this from what I've seen so far, or else it has not been said (I'm sure it would have as we've sold many now, and we've tested this length on our tester to be fine. 6 feet is plenty wire to reach the passenger kick panel...how wide is your Tacoma left to right :p? You must have that special wide-body edition!!! I'm jealous!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  8. Mar 8, 2020 at 3:38 PM
    N2DesignsInc

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    I'm hearing soon from my sources. It's in development now as we speak. We'll do a press release here and email blast when it is. Thanks!

9. Mar 8, 2020 at 8:17 PM
    Kh21650

Kh21650 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Karl
    Vehicle:
    Alrighty. It was weird, had just installed the remote start and unlocked it with my phone and then locked it. I then started the truck with the app and when I got the the truck and hopped in, restarted it and started to drive, that light was still blinking the whole time I was driving it. Not a big deal, but was just curious if anyone else experienced that.

10. Mar 8, 2020 at 11:44 PM
    N2DesignsInc

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    You didn't mention while driving...that's not normal. Check and make sure you didn't tug on any wires during trim removal or harness install...check your vehicle's OEM and our harness to ensure no pins or crimps are bent, or offset from it's neighbors and that no wires are pulled (they may seem in place, but if it can be pulled completely out, then push it back in). It's ok for all wires on all harnesses (our or OEM) to have 1 mm or back n forth play so long it can't be completely pulled out of a connector. Don't tug hard to test, just a light tug will tell you but inspecting the connectors after disconnecting is also a good way to see it better. However, these suggestions are not limited to just what you disconnected and re-connected. It applies to connectors in the vicinity that you did not purposely touch.

The fact that it blinks while you drive tells me that you DON'T have an OEM alarm, just that dummy light as I suggested earlier as a possibility because:

A. Your alarm would sound off if you opened a door with it armed or tried to start the vehicle.
    B. You would not be able to drive the vehicle if the alarm is armed

I can't say for certainty that you might not already have had this issue before (or recently) and never noticed it? If you did not, then my suggestions above apply.

If all connections, wires and pins look sound, then remove the remote starter, and harness, then put the OEM connections back in as if you never installed the remote starter, then check to see if it goes away or not. If it does not, you've got something else going on and you can check the wires, pins and so on in your vehicle (OEM) and vicinity where you worked. If it does go away, then maybe it was connector seating, in which case putting our harness back in might seat stuff better that otherwise wasn't. If it goes away, great, something wasn't seated well somewhere. If it goes away when back to OEM, but comes back when our harness is in, message me and we'll give you more options to fix this.

Thanks!
    Jimmy

11. Mar 10, 2020 at 3:29 PM
    Rjones97

Rjones97 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Riley
    Vehicle:
    2018 Black TRD Off Road Dbl Cab
    Hi Jimmy, just purchased a phone module to add on to my remote start I bought a while back. I have it all installed and followed the instructions closely, however whenever I send a command through the linkr lt app, it never reaches the truck.
    The app updates according to the trucks actual locked/unlocked status but cannot tell it what to do. Does this sound like an install issue, Reception, Or app issue?

12. Mar 10, 2020 at 4:57 PM
    N2DesignsInc

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    PM'd you my cell #. Text me and I'll reach out. We just need to re-program it together. No biggy and it'll work once we're done!

13. Mar 19, 2020 at 7:30 AM
    Edf339

Edf339 Member

Member:
    Edmonton AB
    Vehicle:
    2020 TACO TRD PRO MANUAL
    Hello Jimmy and I don't know why I just found out your product last night after owing my 2020 Trd pro manual for few months lol.
    I will place an order once our Canadian repo gets slightly better! Need this before next northern Alberta winter comes.

N2DesignsInc[OP] likes this.
  14. Mar 19, 2020 at 11:55 AM
    N2DesignsInc

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    Whenever you're ready! We got you! :)

deusxanime likes this.
  15. Mar 27, 2020 at 1:54 PM
    RVaTacos

RVaTacos Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
    Anyone have an issue with '19 TRD Pro? I'm searching the forum but haven't come across anything yet. Still looking though...

Got everything installed but when I use the remote, the engine cranks but doesn't start. I get a bunch of lights and it tries to start again but fails. Not sure what to check next. I've checked all of the connections and reprogrammed it twice with the same results. Any ideas? Thanks

@N2DesignsInc

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  16. Mar 27, 2020 at 10:43 PM
    N2DesignsInc

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    Looks like it needs a reset and THEN re-program. The way to do that is to unplug all the connectors going into the module, then same as when you're about to program:

1. Hold down the porgramming button and keep it help as you plug the black 4-pin data link connector in to the module:
    2. Let go on Solid Red and RED ONLY
    3. Press and hold the programming button on the module AGAIN and keep it held until all the lights on the module start flickering.
    4. ONCE they start flickering, let go immeditely and the lights will then turn off.
    5. Unplug the 4-pin data-link connetor and then reprogram per instructions

Make sure the fob is in on the drivers seat
    Make sure you are NOT sitting in the driver's seat
    Make sure hood is closed and only front drivers door is open while you lean in to work
    Make sure the car's ignition is in the OFF position before you start (sometimes it's hard to tell, so start the vehicle then shut it off manually with your hands)
    Shut the driver's door and open it (to quiet the door chime as it's annoying and hard to focus while it beeps.

17. Mar 28, 2020 at 9:24 AM
    RVaTacos

RVaTacos Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
    I followed these reset instructions but am having the same results. The engine cranks but does not start, waits a few seconds, tries again but still does not start.

18. Mar 28, 2020 at 9:23 PM
    N2DesignsInc

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    Shoot me a text tomorrow. PM'd you my cell.

deusxanime likes this.
  19. Apr 2, 2020 at 9:59 AM
    RVaTacos

RVaTacos Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
    Wanted to follow up on this. As has been stated many times in this forum, Jimmy from @N2DesignsInc is amazing. They probably have the best customer service of any company that I have dealt with. After a few calls with Jimmy, he got me up and running. Turned out to be an issue with my truck and not his device. There was a previous mod that I was unaware of that was interfering with the remote start. Everything is up and running now and I can't thank Jimmy enough. Highly recommend this product to anyone that is in the market.

20. Apr 23, 2020 at 5:26 PM
    tkleveno11

tkleveno11 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Vehicle:
    2016 Toyota Tacoma
    Just bought this kit for my 2016 Tacoma. Can't wait to install it!!!

N2DesignsInc[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top