1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

N82 pro/versacarry/techna clip [xd mod.2 9mm sub comp]

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by NightProwler, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Mar 22, 2016 at 2:53 AM
    NightProwler

NightProwler [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Harlan
    Maricopa, Az
    Vehicle:
    '01 Prerunner, '03 cbr600rr, '09 R1, '03 cbr954rr
    So I've been researching quite a few different conceal carry options for my 9. New to conceal carrying btw.. Recently got me an xd mod.2 in 9mil so looking to get some feedback regarding carry options I have in mind..

I'm thinking of getting the N82 professional for edc. But still just seems to be too bulky. Looking for a very minimalistic carry option. Have a couple more that I'm very interested in. Mostly because I'd like to have options, as I'm considering trying them all. Wondering what your opinions are regarding versa carry, but more so of another I really like the concept of, but have a little bit of a concern with, which would be the techna clip.

My brother uses versacarry for his xd and seems to really like it. But I found an even more minimalist approach to this which is the techna clip. Not sure how long they've been around or if anyone's familiar with them. But take a look and let me know what you guys think.

My concern is with the techna clip option specifically. Regarding the fact that there is no trigger guard! Some have had serious concerns with this and see it as a potential A.D. happening when holstering. I believe they even have a disclaimer saying that it's not recommended to carry with a round loaded.. I tend to agree, a little. But I'm confident that there really isn't any inherent danger as long as you are being cautious with that first holster. But, I do think I may be holstering more than I think as I do plan to use a different holster method for my truck, which would be the N82 magna-arm mount option.. Another concern is with the fact it is much more lower profiles in the pants, making it potentially more difficult to draw from..
    So I'm basically wondering if my concerns are valid.. Whether or not this could be a subject of deep debate and personal preference/opinion. Or if it's a no brainer, as in "I can see someone easily shooting themselves in the leg using that thing!"....

Not sure if the techna clip would even be a realistic option for edc. But I really really like this concept. And want to try it out. Hell I may just order them all up and see how they go. They're not that expensive.. Some of you might say, well if you're having such concerns, why not just go with the N8? Or the versa? Well.. Because... I just think that way.. I like to do my homework and am looking for some experienced/professional feedback to help with my transition into the ccw and self defense mindset with minimal stress. I know I'll get over it and be more confident in myself with time and practice/training/research.

But anyways.. Hoping this wasn't too much reading for ya, just like to be thorough. Heh. Enough of my rambling..
    Here's a couple pics/links. Versacarry vs techna clip. Let me know what you guys think.

Techna clip:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B018...id=A86M66Z7Z0Z95#immersive-view_1458635807754
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Versacarry:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007JC6A9M/ref=ox_sc_act_image_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
    SpringfieldXDSCandVersacarry3_zpse145801_9ea6994de3322d606d094f8229250e5810a7d126.jpg
    SpringfieldXDSCandVersacarry1_zps347d4fe_92c0450de601d435122543dd81769fa3946c6b84.jpg

2. Mar 22, 2016 at 7:12 AM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    Buy a proper holster from a company like Aliengear or Crossbreed or similar

I've would not be interested in an exposed trigger in any capacity carrying a semi-auto

NightProwler[OP] likes this.
  3. Mar 22, 2016 at 3:17 PM
    NightProwler

NightProwler [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Harlan
    Maricopa, Az
    Vehicle:
    '01 Prerunner, '03 cbr600rr, '09 R1, '03 cbr954rr
    Welp, this thread can pretty much be closed after this. Heh. Got a few responses from xdtalk and the verdict is in. Techna clip is junk. Versa carry is basically the same. Think I'll be sticking with proper holsters. Think I'm gonna try N82 to start. Maybe get one of those kydex minimalist holsters as well.

Here's a video that says it all too.

https://youtu.be/ZXVkS3DBOAo

4. Mar 22, 2016 at 5:16 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    I have a variety of holsters...my favorite is a fabric coated kydex appendix holster

2nd is a leather Bianchi OWB carrylok

Bought a minimalist holster once...found I'm much happier with a full deal

The N82 is sold several places locally and it looks decent but I dunno much about it

Check out the firearms bs thread...lots of guys in there that all have different holsters to give you a variety to choose from

NightProwler[OP] likes this.
  5. Mar 22, 2016 at 10:58 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    I have a Vedder LightTuck IWB for my Walther PPS M2 and love it. Very lightweight and is my go-to holster for summer carry when I'll be wearing t-shirts and shorts etc. I like the low profile and how slim it is yet the durability is great. Adjustable cant and ride height, full kydex coverage so your sweat won't corrode your gun, and the retention is top notch. Picking a holster is like picking wheels for your truck, it all boils down to personal taste. Now for my 1911, I like my Theis IWB with 2 belt clips and full leather padding to disperse the weight.

Products Discussed in

To Top