1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NASCAR 2013 Season

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by FearNothing321, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Sep 8, 2013 at 11:12 AM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    Looked like it to me after watchin the in-car and hearing the audio

2. Sep 9, 2013 at 5:27 PM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    WOW! Amazing news report scroll during the Washington/Philly game:

"As a penalty for manipulating the outcome of the race, Martin trux Jr has been replaced by Ryan Newman." According to ESPN news.

I bet you that Michael Waltrip Racing will still have more fines or perhaps owner points stripped after that fiasco!

3. Sep 9, 2013 at 5:34 PM
    Bsheriff11

Bsheriff11 Remember Your ABC's. Always. Be. Casual.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Virginia livin', South Carolina raised
    Vehicle:
    2000 Limited T4R
    Click My Sig Homie
    I agree with what NASCAR did here. They penalized MWR, and didn't single out Vickers or Bowyer. The penalty for points is what knocked Truex out of the chase and Newman was just next in line, great way of handling a situation involving multiple teams and drivers. Teams do favors for each other like Bowyer did Saturday all through the season, but a line needs to be drawn when it effects who is in the chase and who isn't.

4. Sep 9, 2013 at 5:57 PM
    A3umph

A3umph Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    outside of KCMO
    Vehicle:
    '12 Tacoma Access Cab TRD OR
    Loss of 50 driver points and car owner points for the 15,55, and 56. Ty Norris suspended indefinitely. Crew chiefs of 15,55, and 56 on probation until the end of the year. $300,000 fine to MWR. I've rooted for Clint since he was racing modifieds and winning championships at our local dirt track and was really happy when he joined MWR. I didn't see this happening though.

5. Sep 9, 2013 at 6:14 PM
    Bsheriff11

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    2000 Limited T4R
    Click My Sig Homie
    They all do it, you just can't be so stupid and do it to effect the chase driver outcome, I mean, everyone is scrutinizing every action in that circumstance. I don't mind teammate help throughout the year. 300K stupidity fine is what that was.

6. Sep 9, 2013 at 6:52 PM
    A3umph

A3umph Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    outside of KCMO
    Vehicle:
    That's why I dislike the chase format. I like the old way of running for the points from start to finish, makes the drivers run harder I think. That's why I spend my weekends and a few mid-weekdays at some racetrack somewhere. Sure it can still be influenced by team mates helping each other, just as it has since the start of racing, but it makes it a little harder IMO.

7. Sep 9, 2013 at 7:11 PM
    Bsheriff11

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    2000 Limited T4R
    Click My Sig Homie
    The chase format is still pretty new, especially since NASCAR is so fluid with rule changes. So more rules and watchful eyes will be created with this format, whether its just points throughout the year or the chase, teams will continue to do this. I like the chase as it provides opportunities for teams to rebound from a down period throughout the year, much like playoffs in football. But, like I said, if you can effect who's in or who's out in one race without the appropriate lines drawn and be consistent with that, then it's a wash. If NASCAR can take this moment forward and be consistent with the rules, the chase is a great format for racing.

8. Sep 9, 2013 at 8:58 PM
    A3umph

A3umph Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    outside of KCMO
    Vehicle:
    I see why they went to the chase format. To keep it close at the end of the year and add a playoff type feel. I also realize they won't get away from it. I look at racing as a competition and not a sporting event. While you can't have every team playing all at the same time on the same field to find one winner you do have all the cars on the same track at the same time to find one winner. I'm also against the top 35 guaranteed a starting spot in the field. Having good weeks and bad weeks is what makes it interesting for me. I still haven't gotten use to the format all the local tracks have gone to on the weekly shows to narrow the field down for the A feature. Having multiple B features moving the top 2 to 6 to the A. I like the old way of having a E or however many needed, moving top 2 to the D top 2 to the C and so forth. I can't remember how many times I've seen someone make a run up through the consi's when they had back luck in a heat race.

9. Sep 10, 2013 at 8:38 AM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    The problem is that money is driving Nascar now, instead of the drivers and the fans. Money makes the rules. So top 35 drivers (Who typically also have the top 35 sponsors) will get in because the sponsor's name has to be out there. I agree it totally sucks. I really miss the days with Petty, Darrell Waltrip, Earnhardt, Allison.... THOSE were the days of real racing.

10. Sep 10, 2013 at 3:12 PM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    Nascar today kind of is like iroc racing same cars different colors

11. Sep 10, 2013 at 3:30 PM
    coffeesnob

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    oops

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  12. Sep 13, 2013 at 4:05 PM
    coffeesnob

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    As Tony Stewart waxed so eloquently a few years back nascar is getting to be like the wwf.

Citing unprecedented and extraordinary circumstances resulting from several allegations of race-fixing last week at Richmond International Raceway, NASCAR has expanded the field for its Chase for the Sprint Cup playoffs by adding Jeff Gordon as a 13th driver.

13. Sep 13, 2013 at 7:31 PM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    Now maybe him, Johnson, and Busch can all wreck each other every week.

14. Sep 13, 2013 at 7:33 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
  15. Sep 14, 2013 at 5:07 AM
    gupster88

gupster88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    Not sure how you can justify taking Truex out of the Chase and replacing him with Newman. Yet Gordon gets a special 13th spot! I think what Logano and Gilliand did was more blatant than the rest. I agree with Jimmy Spencer: for one this has been going on for years. Second, NASCAR now has to look at every spinout and untimely pits from now on. If you ask me, a team owner can order any of his cars to pit road. NASCAR shouldn't dictate when it's ok and not ok to pit. This whole mess is just crap!

16. Sep 14, 2013 at 7:50 AM
    coffeesnob

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    Ya worse than nfl football Probably Hendricks has a lot of pull and told nacar to make sure the 24 car gets in.

17. Sep 14, 2013 at 9:07 AM
    gupster88

gupster88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    Yeah Goodell has ruined the NFL now with his policy how to hit a player. I'm sure Hendrick pulled some strings and got Jeffy in :rolleyes:

Brian France said this about the Logano/Gilliland incident:

"We did not conclusively determine that [Logano's] Penske Racing and [Gilliland's] Front Row Motorsports actually did anything on the track," France said, "that we can conclusively say there was a quid pro quo or altering the event ... The idea of a bargain is completely off limits, in our view. But we don't believe that bargain ever happened, or that anything happened, other than the discussions about it ..."

How the heck could you NOT conclude that they did anything on the track?!?! David was told to give Logano the spot so he could lock up a spot in the Chase and they would pay them back later down the road. It was cut and dry, black and white!

18. Sep 14, 2013 at 9:14 AM
    mcdowell

mcdowell My name is Mudd

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    mobile al
    Vehicle:
    2011 prerunner SR5
    2in Toytec leveling kit TSB 4 leafpack 130w KC driving lights Wsetin 3 tab lightbar Black headlights Trex eyelids TRD sport wheels Firestone MT Hood protector Vent visors Tube stepbars Colormatch grille
    X2 !! Racing today is so predictable. This is why the seats are more empty than ever at the track. Found myself pulling for Kurt and Furniture row this year. Get it back to the late 80,s early 90,s

19. Sep 14, 2013 at 9:19 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Agreed. I used to love a day at the race... Now, not so much. :(

20. Sep 14, 2013 at 4:40 PM
    snoope

snoope Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winter Haven Florida
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra Limited 4x4
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ All of the above

NASCAR is nothing BUT a $$$$$$$$$$ pit.....people chuckled when Bruton brought the CIRCUS to Loudon BUT that was nothing compared to the 2 chuckle heads telling us THEY KNOW Boyer purposely dumped; Did they not see his tire going flat ?? The 48 hitting a wall on Cue ??? WTF, Johnson now carries remotes to blow his tires when needed, NEWMAN did NOT want to go in this way BUT Stewart racing now gets $$$$ for being there....

Rusty and DJ sounded like little babies whining about what happened and FOX dam made sure their story was the LEAD..:rolleyes:..

My days of spending $$$ on Nascar are long gone...Martin was Winn Dixie's face ;).......Joe Gibbs racing was easy to follow BUT even they are now $$$$$...

Sadly Americas past time now cost you $200-400 a race and you still get the "Millionaire Club" deciding the outcome....:(

Products Discussed in

To Top