1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Nascar 2014 season

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by BamaToy1997, Dec 28, 2013.

1. ckeene9

ckeene9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chesterfield, VA
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB Supercharged 4x4 TRD Sport
    See Build Thread
    Probably referring to the Coke 400 in July.

2. BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 [OP] ASE Master Tech Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    Multi-point tow hooks, new bored 2.7L engine, custom paint. 3 inch adjustable Fabtech front coils, 2.5 inch rear AAL. Front Aussie locker. LED bed lights. Full LED conversion interior and exterior. Relentless Fabrication front and rear bumpers. 4X4innovation sliders. BAMF bed rack. CVT rooftop tent.
    fortunately you are most likely correct. What bothers me is that instead of ASKING the fans of Nascar what we want to see for improvement, they just ASSUME we will all like their new ideas. Personally I HATE the new chase format. I have a feeling I am not the only one. As soon as people's favorite driver gets kicked out of the chase after the first race, we will hear more complaints for sure.

3. ckeene9

Member:
    Chesterfield, VA
    Vehicle:
    See Build Thread
    I agree, the chase needs a major revamp!

4. BamaToy1997

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    Multi-point tow hooks, new bored 2.7L engine, custom paint. 3 inch adjustable Fabtech front coils, 2.5 inch rear AAL. Front Aussie locker. LED bed lights. Full LED conversion interior and exterior. Relentless Fabrication front and rear bumpers. 4X4innovation sliders. BAMF bed rack. CVT rooftop tent.
    It needs to be eliminated.

5. BostonBilly

BostonBilly Well-Known Member

Member:
    Easton
    Vehicle:
    2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
    I hate the idea of the new chase. They keep comparing it to stick and ball sports but it isn't and I don't want it to be. I like the new qualifying changes.

6. LukeBo4x4

LukeBo4x4 The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs.

Member:
    First Name:
    luke
    Big Island,Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD ext cab
    OME 882s, wheelers 5 leaf pack w/aal, 285/75/16 nitto trail grapplers,pro comp 7069s
    i work every sunday but i have a app on my phone so i check it regularly while im there, we have season tickets to the fall race at Charlotte always a good race

7. coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    Tony, Kevin, Kurt and Danica all on the same team. Good bye Hendrick dominance! I predict Danica to have a better year than Junior.

8. ckeene9

Member:
    Chesterfield, VA
    Vehicle:
    See Build Thread
    :rofl: Now that's some funny shit!

9. BostonBilly

Member:
    Easton
    Vehicle:
    This

10. BamaToy1997

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    Instead of being a smart-a I will actually answer this with some class. :p
    I think Danica will have a better year this year. She has been able to cut her teeth on some tracks she has never been on before, and now has a bit of a feel. I do not think she will have a better year than Dale Jr though. He had a pretty good season last year. his best Chase finish to date. I expect him to be more competitive. It will be interesting to see how he does with his new crew chief though. A solid relationship there is needed for any chance of success.

11. coffeesnob

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd

well those two are the weakest link on their prospective teams.

12. BamaToy1997

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    ok, Danica is on her second year in Cup, the others have several years under their belt. Smoke however still has to deal with his healing. I believe he was personally saying that he is less than 60% on his leg still. I think it will seriously affect his performance until that leg is better. So saying she is the weakest link is not really saying much. She needs to develop her skill.

Not sure how you get Dale Jr being the weak link. He finished the season 5th in points, ahead of two of his team mates, and that was AFTER he blew a motor in the first race of the Chase. He is just getting better.

I am going to guess that you just have a personal beef with the two of them. Try and be objective here. But yeah, I get the nay-sayers. I am used to it and still don't care. I am a fan through thick and thin.

13. coffeesnob

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    chase format change is a done deal.

14. BamaToy1997

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    I will give the new format a chance, but I still think by design it could knock out great competitors in the first round. Not exactly a fair shot. I mean you could win every race up to the first race of the chase, then a single engine failure in the first race and you are out? Not exactly their greatest idea for sure.

15. ckeene9

Member:
    Chesterfield, VA
    Vehicle:
    See Build Thread
    I agree somewhat. An engine failure in your first race just gives you that much more drive to win race 2 or 3.

16. Bsheriff11

Bsheriff11 Remember Your ABC's. Always. Be. Cool.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Virginia livin', South Carolina raised
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD Sport DCSB 4X4
    Click My Sig Homie
    I like this chase gimmick format, doesn't tackle the REAL problem in nascar but does create more excitement in the sport.

The real problem is nascar doesn't hire the best talent, just the best sponsored talent.

Funny I was reading that with this new format, last year Jr. Would've won the championship, after blowing an engine in the first chase race and despite not winning; I'm sure that was a selling point to the fans.

17. BostonBilly

Member:
    Easton
    Vehicle:
    You can't look back at last year and say JR would have won cause it was a different chase format. Teams ran due to the rules and strategize due to the rules

18. coffeesnob

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    Not sure how you get Dale Jr being the weak link. He finished the season 5th in points, ahead of two of his team mates, and that was AFTER he blew a motor in the first race of the Chase. He is just getting better.

maybe I should reword it..of a raceday if you say who is the most unlikely of Hendricks teams to win a race you would have to say jr

19. Bsheriff11

Bsheriff11 Remember Your ABC's. Always. Be. Cool.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Virginia livin', South Carolina raised
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD Sport DCSB 4X4
    Click My Sig Homie

Just stating a possible selling point for the new format. And you're right, teams would've ran differently with the new rules.

20. ScreamingEagle101

ScreamingEagle101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    14 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Here is the reward for consistency...if the new system were in effect in '13 consistency would have won the title.

Top 16
    Wins (11 drivers): Matt Kenseth, Jimmie Johnson, Kyle Busch, Carl Edwards, Kasey Kahne, Kevin Harvick, David Ragan, Greg Biffle, Joey Logano, Martin Truex Jr., Ryan Newman.
    Points (5 drivers): Clint Bowyer, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Kurt Busch, Jeff Gordon, Jamie McMurray

Top 12
    Wins (2 drivers): Matt Kenseth (Chicagoland and New Hampshire), Jimmie Johnson (Dover)
    Remainder of Top 12 (10 drivers): Kyle Busch, Jeff Gordon, Greg Biffle, Kevin Harvick, Ryan Newman, Clint Bowyer, Jamie McMurray, Kurt Busch, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Martin Truex Jr.

Top 8
    Wins (2 drivers): Kevin Harvick (Kansas), Jamie McMurray (Talladega)
    Points (6 drivers): Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jeff Gordon, Matt Kenseth, Clint Bowyer, Kurt Busch

Top 4
    Wins (3 drivers): Jeff Gordon (Martinsville), Jimmie Johnson (Texas), Kevin Harvick (Phoenix)
    Points (1 driver): Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Champion: Dale Earnhardt Jr.

To Top