1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NASCAR ANYONE?

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by Superx2, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Sep 15, 2011 at 11:58 AM
    2004TacomaSR5

2004TacomaSR5 Nemesis Prime

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DCSB & 1980 Toyota Pickup 4WD
    Tacoma is stock and staying that way, Pickup is TBA as of now.
    amen to that, i miss watching him and Gordon trade paint also. NASCAR will never be the same again.

2. Sep 15, 2011 at 8:00 PM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    This. I'd love to see that black #3 put that punk in the wall. Then see Kyle do what he does best...cry about it. That'd go over real well with Big E.:rolleyes:

It's been completely different ever since the first race after he died. It's just not exciting anymore at all.

3. Sep 16, 2011 at 5:40 PM
    Superx2

Superx2 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Iowa
    i was actually at that race. sorry it took so long to reply. didnt think that it would have this many people liking it.

anyway it was fucking awsome. couldnt believe that it happened actually. :eek:

4. Nov 5, 2011 at 8:12 AM
    rex99

rex99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TArdCOMAWORLD
    Vehicle:
    Proton Cruiser
    Rocket Boosters, Flux Capacitor, Escape Pod, Throttle Body Spacer, Homeroshi, ATRAC disable
  5. Nov 5, 2011 at 8:25 AM
    BuckNakedBooda

BuckNakedBooda There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Member:
    Woodbridge, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Limited 4x4
  6. Nov 5, 2011 at 8:38 AM
    rex99

rex99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TArdCOMAWORLD
    Vehicle:
    Proton Cruiser
    Rocket Boosters, Flux Capacitor, Escape Pod, Throttle Body Spacer, Homeroshi, ATRAC disable
    things he does exactly like that is why i cant stand him

he has no respect for ANYONE

nascar shouldve done it sooner, but glad they finally took action.

7. Nov 5, 2011 at 8:55 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Whatever driving skills he supposedly has are outweighed by him being a titty baby moron. no use to the team or the sport. Just a road rager ussypay on a track.

8. Nov 5, 2011 at 9:17 AM
    2004TacomaSR5

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    Damn Kyle Busch is such a pussy asshole! If he cant accept that in racing when you are doing 180mph 3 inches away from the car next to you, shit tends to happen! He should go back to go karts if he cant buckle down and act like a driver should, his attitude is never going to get him to a title in any of the NASCAR series or Craftsman truck series!
    Plus Ron Hornaday and Dale Sr. used to be really good friends and he was getting back into Winston Cup (now Sprint cup I know) racing for the first time in years during the 2001 Daytona 500! So that would be 2 "fuck yous!" From me to Busch!

9. Nov 5, 2011 at 9:21 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I'm no big time Nascar fan , more of an F1 guy , but I was watching a bit of the last race .

What's the advantage of this two car draft they do now over the old multi car style of drafting ?

10. Nov 5, 2011 at 9:27 AM
    rex99

rex99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TArdCOMAWORLD
    Vehicle:
    Proton Cruiser
    the two car draft is only a product of a combo of the new style car, new aero package, and repaved tracks.

years ago, with the old car, they were bundled together in huge packs of 20+ cars. but now the only way to draft efficiently is with two cars.

11. Nov 5, 2011 at 10:24 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    My wife is embarrassed to be a Kyle Bush fan today...

12. Nov 5, 2011 at 11:44 AM
    rex99

rex99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TArdCOMAWORLD
    Vehicle:
    Proton Cruiser
    Only today?? :p

13. Nov 5, 2011 at 11:46 AM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Is that just due to the way the aero package works on these new cars ?

Too much dirty air if they are too many cars ? It seems counter intuitive .

14. Nov 5, 2011 at 11:48 AM
    crazyengineer

crazyengineer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    Bristol, TN
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad
    K&N Cold Air Intake, Warn Winch and Bumper Guard, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Undercover Bed Cover, TRD Kenwood Head Unit, Infiniti Speakers, JL 13.5 inch pancake sub
    I dont know much about nascar, other than it brings a rediculous amount of crowds to bristol half mile

15. Nov 5, 2011 at 12:43 PM
    rex99

rex99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TArdCOMAWORLD
    Vehicle:
    Proton Cruiser
    I don't know that they're intentionally using a two car draft. It's just how it works out with the new car/package.

A lot of the drivers don't care for it. The cars are going around 200 mph on the super speedways, which is not safe. That's why they put resrictor plates on years ago: to deter those kinds of speeds.

Another reason they don't like it is for the fact that the cars are so big, the second car in the draft has a hard time seeing. If something happens in front of the first car, the second one has no time to react.

There is an issue of air, not necessarily dirty though. The second car usually can't get enough cool air, and begins to overheat. To cool down, the first and second cars will switch places and continue. The problem with that is that you lose about 20-30 mph, and get freight trained by 15-20 cars.

It's just going to take NASCAR tweaking the cars and seeing what works best.

16. Nov 5, 2011 at 8:20 PM
    2004TacomaSR5

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    I never even knew the COT did that! That really sucks, it was way more fun to watch when 20 cars would get bunched up going down the backstreatch, and hit turn three going 2 wide or 3 wide. I dont care what any haters say, that takes some brass balls to do that! I can honestly say I would be a bit nervous if I was in that position!

17. Nov 5, 2011 at 10:04 PM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    He's a dick. He says that he doesn't care that Hornaday was racing for the championship, but I guarantee you if some truck racer or even a Nationwide guy that has no chance of winning the Spring Cup title wrecked him like that he'd be bitching and crying like the baby that he is. He can dish it out but he can't take it. That's why I hate him. No one can touch him because he's so amazing. They should sit him down for the rest of this season and the half of next season.

It's part aero package, part new car, and part "because NASCAR didn't want the "BIG ONE" ". They got tired of the big 10-20 car crashes when they were so bundled together, so they made the slots to cool the engines smaller, meaning they would have to get out of line more often, and the aero changes mean it's more efficient and more aero-friendly to run with 2 cars instead of 40. I'm not a fan.

18. Nov 5, 2011 at 10:08 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Why is it that Nascar is so huge in the States , yet F1 has a very small following there ?

19. Nov 5, 2011 at 10:37 PM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    No idea. I've tried to watch it, but I just can't. For me, I think it's the cars. I'm not a fan of those little cars. I like the "Stock Cars", even though they're not stock at all, anymore. To be fair...I can barely watch NASCAR anymore, either. Since Earnhardt died, NASCAR has sucked. I hate the "COT" (Car of Tomorrow). It's safer, but it doens't look anything like the cars are supposed to look. I actually like the looks of the cars in the Nationwide series - Mustangs look like Mustangs and Challengers look like Challengers.

Also, NASCAR used to be the "Good ol' boys" racing. I think that was one of the big draws. I know it was down here in the south, at least.

20. Nov 5, 2011 at 10:59 PM
    2004TacomaSR5

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    This, plus in the early days of NASCAR, many pit crews consisted of family members and friends who drew their peers to the sport and it just kept growing and growing. I know for a fact that nothing to me is much more exciting than going to a race and hearing 43 800 horsepower V8 engines firing up after the cue "gentleman start your engines!" has been yelled out!

Products Discussed in

To Top