1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Nathan's 02 Tacoma Build

Discussion in '1st Gen. Builds (1995-2004)' started by 02 TRD Tacoma, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Dec 20, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    01Tac0ma

01Tac0ma Bash Fabriction & Off-Road

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    West Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    SAS 01 TRD 4x4
    Look at build!
    Looks great all painted up man!! I can't wait to finally get started on mine now. & for anyone interested I have enough material for one more bottom half with option to add swing out if desired, dual or single bolt on jerry can mount and hi lift will clear campers and is accessible without needing to open the swingout, also optional shackle, hitch & light cut outs . Pm for details.

2. Dec 20, 2013 at 4:03 PM
    02 TRD Tacoma

02 TRD Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Lenoir NC
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma DC TRD
    Bilstein 5100 front and rear, dakar leaf pack, fuel hostage wheels, 285/70/17 Trail Grapplers M/T, color match shell, rola rack, hi -lift, dual cb antenna's with 520 XL cb, sandblasted bumpers an brush guard to paint black, color match grill, blacked out badges, and much more.
    Thanks man appreciate it. I think it's the best mod I've done up to this point with the truck. Can't wait to see ur bumper ur building man.

3. Dec 21, 2013 at 10:36 AM
    Box Rocket

Box Rocket Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Syracuse, Utah
    Vehicle:
    1995 FZJ80 Land Cruiser
    3xLocked, lifted, well used
    Hey man, just looking back through your build since you were posting in Eddy's build about the gap on your ARB bumper. Yours looks pretty close to how it should. There might be a bit more gap than is normal, but you should be able to close that gap by loosening the mounting bolts and adjusting the bumper to close up the gap and then tightening the mounting bolts back up. You should have enough room for adjustment to do that.

once again, that bumper is a killer winch bumper. There is no reason to worry about the strength of it for winching. I've seen those bumpers handle plenty of winching first hand. I have an ARB bumper on my Land Cruiser and I think they are one of the very best offroad bumpers out there. If you need a super high clearance rockcrawling bumper, they probably aren't ideal since they don't have the same clearance, but for typical trail riding, they're had to beat.

Edit: oh yeah, the rear bumper turned out great. Looks good.

4. Dec 21, 2013 at 5:40 PM
    02 TRD Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Lenoir NC
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma DC TRD
    Bilstein 5100 front and rear, dakar leaf pack, fuel hostage wheels, 285/70/17 Trail Grapplers M/T, color match shell, rola rack, hi -lift, dual cb antenna's with 520 XL cb, sandblasted bumpers an brush guard to paint black, color match grill, blacked out badges, and much more.
    Thanks man about the rear bumper i was stoke the day i got it but haveing to wait to get it on. but now it is with powder coat and all. i think its the best mod i have done to the truck imo.

5. Dec 24, 2013 at 12:14 PM
    Codyj8

Codyj8 Shit'll buff out!

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Hardin, MT
    Vehicle:
    01 Silver Tacoma 6'' lift on 35's
    Uniden CB, 5" Firestick, Allpro tube bumper, homemade rear tube bumper, Fuse pannel, Zeus 20in lightbar, zeus led pods, 9500lb Superwinch, LED turn signals, LED tail lights, Husky toolbox with LED break lights, Rhino lined bed/bottom pannels of truck, tinted windows, Grey wire mod, Undead Offroad rock sliders, 35in Goodyear Kevlars, 15in steelies (black)
    Damn dude I don't get on TW much anymore and I have got to say... your truck is looking really good. Keep it up.

6. Dec 24, 2013 at 12:21 PM
    02 TRD Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Lenoir NC
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma DC TRD
    Thanks man appreciate it. I've been wondering where u been at but I've been busy with college and work.

7. Dec 24, 2013 at 12:22 PM
    saundern

saundern Swerve for nothing

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Simpsonville, SC
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Sport
    lord have mercy :drool:
    need some trail pics now!

8. Dec 24, 2013 at 12:56 PM
    02 TRD Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Lenoir NC
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma DC TRD
    Thanks man. I've been wanting to get it on some more trails. Went up to the Richlands with a buddy and been wanting to go back. Or find some different trails to go on.

9. Dec 25, 2013 at 8:05 AM
    Jiveydude

Jiveydude Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Micah
    OH
    Vehicle:
    04Taco
    stuff and things that make it better
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  10. Dec 25, 2013 at 4:52 PM
    02 TRD Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Lenoir NC
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma DC TRD
    Thanks dude. I'm going to have to do something with the winch. From that mod link u posted I may go that route. Because I've been wondering how I'm going to reinforce the bumper. Thanks for posting that link too appreciate it.

11. Dec 25, 2013 at 5:30 PM
    Jiveydude

Member:
    First Name:
    Micah
    OH
    Vehicle:
    04Taco
    No prob, and as far as the mounting goes for the winch, you'll have to clock it 144 degrees to get it to fit into the bumpers mounting location. Just be careful not to pull out the gearbox to far, total nightmare if you do. And just incase you don't have the install instructions already, here you go.

Attached Files:

12. Dec 25, 2013 at 5:45 PM
    02 TRD Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Lenoir NC
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma DC TRD
    Dude i appreciate the install link. ive been wondering where i could find somrthing like that until i seen ur build haha!!!. i was wondering too the same thing about the winch how to put it on the inside of the bumper since these ARB's r supoose to be a hidden winch bumper to where u dont have to mount the actual winch on the outside. and whose to say when i was mentioning this to Adam (boxrocket) that the guy i bought this from didnt do mods to this bumper. idk?

13. Dec 25, 2013 at 5:53 PM
    02 TRD Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Lenoir NC
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma DC TRD
    Let me ask u another question is it only Warn winches that will fit on these bumpers or will other brand winches work too? I bought me a Badland winch 6K but when i went to hold it up the holes on the bumper didnt line up with the bolts on the winch.

14. Dec 25, 2013 at 10:29 PM
    Jiveydude

Member:
    First Name:
    Micah
    OH
    Vehicle:
    04Taco
    I think that ARB and Warn have a partnership going, so that ARB pre drills the mounting holes for Warn winches. Just hold your winch up to the opening and mark new locations to drill, your fairlead will cover the factory holes.

15. Dec 30, 2013 at 4:25 PM
    02 TRD Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Lenoir NC
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma DC TRD
    Got my double din stereo installed today thanks to Nu Image. I'll get some pics up soon.

16. Dec 30, 2013 at 5:26 PM
    02 TRD Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Lenoir NC
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma DC TRD
    Here's the Double din stereo i got for chritsmas. its a JVC KW-AV60BT is the model of it i thought about a pionner or kenwood but found a good deal on this one. its got all the bells and whistles on this thing, sirus XM, bluetooth, backup camera ready, touch screen, and all the good shit. Haha!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Also got me another backup camera for christmas too. the other one i had i got to close to it with our high powered buffer and lets just say dont work anymore.
    [​IMG]

Found a jerry can around the house and figured yall would want to see the bumper now with everything on it.
    [​IMG]

17. Dec 30, 2013 at 5:31 PM
    Mainmoe02

Mainmoe02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    01 Gold tacoma SR5 TRD
    3" lift EIBACH coils w/ 5100's front, OME/ Dakar leaf springs w/ toytec adjustable shackles at 1.5" and 5125's out back. 33x10.5x15 KM2's Relentless DIY steel bumper.
    Wow the double din fits perfectly. Did you have to use an aftermarket frame to fit the new head unit or were you able to remove the old and replace with the new?

Bumper looks nice

18. Dec 30, 2013 at 5:45 PM
    02 TRD Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Lenoir NC
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma DC TRD
    Thanks man. All Nu Image did was just replace the old in with the new.. and i know man when i went to look at it when he pulled it around damn if that thing fits perfect. makes it look clean too. he mounted my mic above the map lights for the bluetooth.

19. Jan 4, 2014 at 2:51 PM
    02 TRD Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Lenoir NC
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma DC TRD
    Sold my hi lift the other day. The only reason was to get a little longer one to jack the truck up higher. Got pics uploaded just have to post em.

Edit: got a Smittybuilt 53".

20. Jan 5, 2014 at 5:28 PM
    02 TRD Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Lenoir NC
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma DC TRD
    Got around to posting some pics of the Hi Lift. Smittybuilt 53" hi lift. Had to put it in the same spot where i had the other one on the rack until i make tabs to bolt it at and angle on the swing out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got some LED dome light and parking lights too
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pic of the new sdouble din
    [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top