1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Nators' build!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by BRYLONATOR, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Mar 30, 2011 at 6:54 PM
    113tac

113tac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2017 Magnetic Gray Tacoma
    Mostly Stock for now, 265 75 16 Falken AT3W, Tinted fronts...
    good job on the interior! it looks good as new!

2. Mar 30, 2011 at 7:29 PM
    BRYLONATOR

BRYLONATOR [OP] Building 06 Suburban K2500 with LBZ D-max and ZF6!

Member:
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Chillin in a 120!
    Thanks! I just got the seat belts back today so I am headed back over to the truck tomorrow to finish up the whole airbag system. I have both new front sensors but can't install them until the core support is done. Funny thing about my parts guy.....he told me that some of the things can be bought at the hardware store but I love OEM and the fact that it was all designed to work together. That doesn't pertain to mods....just the important factory stuff! Part of this that kills me is all the work that is being done just to get it back to being a clean slate to start modding!

3. Apr 21, 2011 at 5:43 PM
    himmie

himmie No.

Member:
    First Name:
    Sarah
    AZ-WI
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Yes.
    How's it going with my fellow Indigo Ink? :D

4. Apr 22, 2011 at 1:42 AM
    BRYLONATOR

Member:
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Chillin in a 120!
    I am dying here myself! I am having a friend do the structure but because I get the buddy discount, I get put to the back of the line. I only deal with my friends body shop due to the fact that they bring the specs in so tight that The vehicle came back tighter than factory. Believe it or not, it caused some fitment problems in the past with other vehicles! It should be ready for me by the end of next week though.

5. Apr 22, 2011 at 2:26 AM
    woody6047

woody6047 McGrubber

Member:
    First Name:
    Beau
    Austin/ Waco Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma 4x4 dc
    100%stock, except for the exhaust leak and custom windshield crack mod
    :woot: Good luck, im ready to see it all put back together.

6. Apr 22, 2011 at 9:31 AM
    cotruckin

cotruckin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Westminster, CO.
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 06 TRD Sport
    Bilstein 5100 Lift with rear 1" blocks, ARE Z series topper with Yakima rack and Rola basket, some audio equipment, some more goodies
    I have an Indago Ink front bumper and core support if you need it as well as an intake manifold. Let me know if you would like it, since you are in Denver I will drop it off to you.

7. Apr 22, 2011 at 10:11 PM
    BRYLONATOR

Member:
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Chillin in a 120!
    Thanks very much for the offer! Wish I found you a little while ago when I was going crazy looking for one! I managed to find one on craigslist that was also indigo ink! Bummer part of the build was that I wanted to do a satoshi grill but apparently that won't fly with the inspection. I had to go buy a second grill for the factory look! I am also most likely really close to you....I am off of wads and 70th!

8. Apr 24, 2011 at 4:06 AM
    cotruckin

cotruckin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Westminster, CO.
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 06 TRD Sport
    Bilstein 5100 Lift with rear 1" blocks, ARE Z series topper with Yakima rack and Rola basket, some audio equipment, some more goodies
    If you are interested in it as a second bumper let me know you can have it. I am really close I am at 108th and Wads.

9. Apr 25, 2011 at 9:05 PM
    BRYLONATOR

Member:
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Chillin in a 120!
    Sure ...I will take it! Should I pm you for address or time to meet up? We could do home depot or something

10. Apr 26, 2011 at 5:34 AM
    TacoGK

TacoGK Making changes is always fun

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC trd offroad sr5 debadged
    20% tint JLAudio amp and 12" sub, custom fiberglass tool box, Color matched Satoshi Grille, Anytime Fog light mod, Anytime rearview camera, Leveling kit, Rear spring TSB, Moto Metal MO957 Black, 285/70/17 BFG AT KO, DTRL Stealth mod, Anytime locker mod, Constant power mod.
    Looking good bro.......I am glad to see you resurecting the Taco. I cant wait to see it restored and then torn apart for modification....LOL

11. May 27, 2011 at 11:21 PM
    BRYLONATOR

Member:
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Chillin in a 120!
    So I managed to install the rebuilt seat belts. Pretty neat as they remove and install new igniters. I also went to turn the key to see if the air bag light would finally shut off but to no avail...it was still on. So far I have replaced every single part of the system except for the sensors in the front and as it turns out...they are the culprits! What I love about the newer vehicles is that you do have to do all of this work in order for it to work properly. You can get away with replacing just a few parts on older vehicles but not any more. Now the structure is finally completed after being put on the back burner for so long ( buddy discount can sometimes cost more than full price!) Here are a few more pics of fitment. I can't wait to get behind the wheel and start driving the thing! I feel like I have been cheating on it as I bought a Beemer 325xi but that is actually going back up for sale as repair and maintenance costs are truly unreal! And what a pain to work on!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I should have taken this opportunity to upgrade the speakers but to be honest....they perform ok. I just plan on replacing the head unit with a double din Kenwood. Although the built in GPS works very well on those units...I use google maps on my phone. I just don't like the look of single din radios on this large dash.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Slashaar likes this.
  12. May 27, 2011 at 11:31 PM
    AzogSS

AzogSS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Soda City, SC
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma / 2011 FJC
    :cool: getting there!

13. Jun 23, 2011 at 2:35 PM
    BRYLONATOR

Member:
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Chillin in a 120!
    So not much to write here other than the truck is now finally getting prepped for final paint! I have a few pics of assembly and the prep and paint of new core support and aprons. The aftermarket fenders were hung just for perspective but the new oem fenders are getting jammed as we speak! Thos suckers are expensive even with a good discount! Below wholesale and I still paid $245 each! The last little beater I fixed up was a cavalier and aftermarket fenders were only $21!!! But look at what the car is! Funny part about the Tacoma repair is that I have only purchased ONE single part to be used that was Non-OEM and of course I am having trouble with it! It is the fan shroud. The over flow bottle has a nipple for the hose that leads to the rad cap. Well....OEM sits vertically. Aftermarket sits horizontally! The oem hose will not work and will need to be rigged up. Not happening but will have to do for now!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Slashaar likes this.
  14. Jun 23, 2011 at 9:40 PM
    LBCdan

LBCdan TACO --> TUNDRA

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Long Beach , CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra CM 4x4
    Toytec Coilovers, TotalChaos UCA, Icon w/ Resi, Toytec Lift Shackle, Methods w/ 285/75/18 Tires.
    Damn.. that is one hell of a project. Good job so far! :thumbsup:

15. Jun 23, 2011 at 9:57 PM
    jjw1

jjw1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Citrus County Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 Super White DCSB TRD OR PreRunner
    Weather Tech Floor Liners, Truxedo Bed Cover, OEM Silver Step Bars, Debadged, Colormatched Satoshi, Wet Okoles, OEM Roof Rack, Bed Mat, Locking Gas Cap, and removed Mud Flaps
    sub'd

16. Jun 27, 2011 at 6:37 AM
    fbconvert

fbconvert Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Seacoast, NH
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport
    Did you have to replace your radiator mount? It doesn't look like it unless you factory paint matched it already so I am guessing you just did a really good job massaging it make into shape.

Do you plan on painting it yourself? I can recommend a really good gun kit for under $200 - ebay Link - I love this thing!

[​IMG]

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  17. Jun 28, 2011 at 7:37 AM
    fbconvert

fbconvert Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Seacoast, NH
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport
    I made that last post from my iphone when I first read your thread so I tend to miss things since it is such a small screen. I assume your buddy's body shop is going to be doing the paint.

How is the progress coming? I tried installing my steering wheel airbag the other day but found out that my clock spring wires and plugs were fried. I decided to just order new plugs and pig tail instead of the the whole clock spring to save myself about $100. Hopefully it works out...

Did your buddy's shop reset your airbag ECU? Or did you send it in? I thought about pulling it out when I had my dash off and then sending it in. I really wish I would have been that smart because that computer is berried deep now.

18. Jun 28, 2011 at 9:43 AM
    BRYLONATOR

Member:
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Chillin in a 120!

yeah...I am leaving the paint to the pros! I can shoot paint myself but the guy at the shop is one of the top 3 painters in the state and even makes the orange peel look factory! I am just too picky to do the work myself. yes I did replace the entire rad support. I purchased everything oem except for the rad shroud and wouldn't you know it....that is the only thing giving me problems! As far as the bag ecu....i bought a used one from LKQ. The clock spring was replaced and came with new wires. You have to watch and make sure you get the right clockspring. There is a difference.....such as radio controls on steering wheel....bluetooth....etc.

19. Jul 11, 2011 at 11:37 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    :popcorn:

Can't wait to see more!