1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NC Smoking Ban

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Chad, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Jan 5, 2010 at 5:08 AM
    FishErTaco

FishErTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Vehicle:
    10 DoubleCab 4x4 SR5
    Extang Trifecta tonneau, black textured N-Fabs, AFE Pro Dry S, WeatherTech vent visors, WeatherTech floormats
    I live in NC and I don't smoke. However I think it went too far to say that you couldn't smoke in ANY restaurant/bar. Particularly bars. I don't typically go to bars, but wouldn't have a problem if they allowed smoking in them. Interesting to see how it will hurt their business since smoking is an addiction and folks that like to smoke when they drink will have to do it at home.

2. Jan 5, 2010 at 6:56 AM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    Everyone has to remember that laws are voted on by the people of the state. WA has the same law and you can not smoke within 25 feet of an entrance/ air duct or ventilation system. I remember it was a close vote but it was voted on.

3. Jan 5, 2010 at 7:13 AM
    travelingman

travelingman What would Scooby do?

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    07lb4x4DC
    ticking eng.mo,ventvisors,locking tailgate,wheelmasters ss spare tire inflation line,weathertech mats
    :confused:
    So only riff-raff go to bars? Only riff-raff smoke? I know a lot of assholes who aren't smoker's!

4. Jan 5, 2010 at 7:18 AM
    Afwrestler1986

Afwrestler1986 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Johnstown, NY
    Vehicle:
    01 trd 4X4 ex cab manual
    Gray wire, Some lights in the bed area, and some character marks throughout.
    The thing that bothers me is that soon I won't be able to smoke in my car, house, boat. If the business owner, Property owner who pays taxes on HIS property wants to allow smoking then so be it, it is HIS place to say, not government. Any place that earns a majority of their income through the sales of food should not have smoking allowed, I can see this as a feasable option. Otherwise, bars, clubs and so on should be allowed to have smoking in the building. I don't want to eat next to someone smoking, but when I go to the bar/pub I want to be able to sit down, enjoy a nice tall pint of whatever and smoke a cig. rather than freeze my nutz off outside.

5. Jan 5, 2010 at 7:20 AM
    raskal311

raskal311 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S. Cal
    5100 set to max, pending LSD and TRD CAI
    Good to see NC is out of the Stone Age.

6. Jan 5, 2010 at 7:24 AM
    Afwrestler1986

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Johnstown, NY
    Vehicle:
    01 trd 4X4 ex cab manual
    Whats that supposed to mean? They are set in their ways. That is all. Maybe the rest of the country could learn a bit from this. Instead of catering to every little gripe made. And California is a large majority of kool-aid drinkers. (I do realize that not all of you in Cali. are this way).

7. Jan 5, 2010 at 7:25 AM
    Afwrestler1986

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Johnstown, NY
    Vehicle:
    01 trd 4X4 ex cab manual
    This country is too PC.

8. Jan 5, 2010 at 12:29 PM
    Chad

Chad [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    Uh, I don't think we ever voted on it :confused:

Your state is the one that can't seem to pay attention to personal finance. The rest of this country is paying for your states stupidity.

9. Jan 5, 2010 at 12:34 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    X2... I don't like the smoke when I'm eating, but it should be fine when in bars/pubs/etc.

10. Jan 5, 2010 at 12:34 PM
    1337Taco

1337Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 4X4 Manual
    I'm glad there is no smoking indoors here. I could care less about outside although my gf says it makes it more difficult to breathe because of her asthma when there is someone smoking nearby. Don't know if there is truth to this though.

11. Jan 5, 2010 at 12:42 PM
    Griztaco

Griztaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    TRD
    No and no.

12. Jan 5, 2010 at 1:16 PM
    mattcombs

mattcombs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    matt
    hazard kentucky
    Vehicle:
    SR5 tacoma 4wd
    3in revtec lisf westin step bars and westin bull bar and some other odds and ends
    you can still smoke in resturants here guess its because our senators are republican thank god. I think its because we dont have a large population of extremist

13. Jan 5, 2010 at 1:26 PM
    V-TRAIN

V-TRAIN Well-Known Member

Member:
    N. CACKALACKY
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD SPORT LONG BED
    DEMELLO ROCK CRUSHER SLIDERS, PIAA LIGHTS, TSB 4 LEAF PACK, CBI OFFROAD REAR BUMPER LINEXED, CBI OFFROAD FRONT BUMPER LINEXED, REAR 5100's, 1.5" TSB AAL, ICON EXTENDED TRAVEL COILOVERS @ 3", TOTAL CHAOS UCA's, HELLA MICRO DRIVING LIGHTS, IPOD INTERFACE, THULE ROOF RACK, UWS SLIM LINE BLACK TOOL BOX, 17" BBS RD TRUCK WHEELS, GOODYEAR WRANGLER DURATRAC IN 285/70/17
    i agree with you 100%, but the crazy thing is in north carolina in order to have a liquor license, you must sell food of some sort. the only way around this is if it is a private club (memberships sold). so when you serve
    hot dogs and mixed drinks, are you a bar or a restaurant ? in order to sell
    the food you have to get the health department to grade you, so i guess you are a restaurant, thus no smoking.

14. Jan 5, 2010 at 1:36 PM
    Gsquare

Gsquare The G stands for smooth

Member:
    First Name:
    GG
    Lone Star State
    Vehicle:
    2018 - TRD Off Road 4x4 - Cement / Graphite - DCSB
    ReadyLIFT 3/2 Lift Kit, T-Force TRD Black Satin Spoke Wheels, OEM TRD Red/Black Resin Center Wheel Hub Covers, Toyo P285/70R17 Open Country AT's, SpiderTrax 1.25 F/R Wheel Spacers, Blackout Pkg: Tailgate Letters, Badges and Tailpipe Extension, Qi Wireless Charging, LED Bed Lights, Power Tailgate Lock, Shark Running Boards, Weathertech Floor Mats, U.S. Airforce Decal Drivers Side Rear Window, MESO Gasshole Fuel Cap Holder, OEM Trailer Hitch Cap
  15. Jan 5, 2010 at 3:24 PM
    Wreckless_71

Wreckless_71 WRECKLESS for Life...

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Pullman, WA.
    Vehicle:
    98 ext cab Tacoma
    3" Lift via OME 881's, Bilstein 5100's, Dakar OME 3" leaf packs, MBRP custom exhaust, HID headlights, CB, Canopy, aluminum wheels, upgraded sound system, full set of studded snow tires and wheels, auxilary lighting, more to come.
    Nah washington's law is within 25 feet of any public doorway...

16. Jan 5, 2010 at 3:27 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    x2.

Do it at your home or in your car, but please don't do it where I eat. I am paying money and I want to enjoy my food, not struggle breathing over the smoke in the air. I hate restaurants with "smoking sections", it doesn't help. You can still smell it throughout the whole place.

17. Jan 5, 2010 at 7:11 PM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    i am a smoker but never smoke in front of someone that doesn't and only smoke outside. you can smoke in resturaunts anymore and i am glad, when i was in germany last year there was a cloud of smoke and i was like shit how the f**k do you eat like this.

18. Jan 5, 2010 at 7:26 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    I have no problem with the government banning smoking in public places if other drug use is illegal as well. In fact, it seems like a modicum of consistency.

19. Jan 6, 2010 at 5:00 AM
    Afwrestler1986

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Johnstown, NY
    Vehicle:
    01 trd 4X4 ex cab manual
    Tobacco does not make you act like an idiot either though. Other drug are illegal for a reason. You should be able to go outside and smoke in public.

It bothers me when I am eating and smell someones ass because they just farted. Lets pass legislation demanding that when you must "pass gass" that you shall go outside for no less than 1 minute to keep it from following you back inside. Or even better, you must wait until you get into your own home because there is a bit of a chance that someone outside may get a whif.

There is too much ruling going on and before long they are going to have scheduled potty times for everyone so that there is never a line to use the bathroom.

20. Jan 6, 2010 at 5:19 AM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    I have no problem w/ the ban. I was happy when smoking was banned in public places in AL. It smells like shit, and it aggrevates my asthma and makes my chest tighten up. I know plenty of smokers who are good poeple, but they can take their cancer-sticks outside when they want to light up.

Products Discussed in

To Top