1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NC Tacoma people

Discussion in 'South East' started by Sleeper362, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Apr 15, 2011 at 11:57 AM
    Sleeper362

Sleeper362 [OP] One Convenient Locations ......In Africa

Member:
    First Name:
    Corporal
    K-Vegas NC
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4X4 DC Shortbed
    I have a few questions for yall. Where do you get your ring and pinions installed? I plan on getting an Auburn ECTED sometime soon and I am wondering where to go to get this work done. The guy I had do this on my Mustang passed away a few years ago and I trust no one else. Who do you go to?

I also plan on getting some rock sliders as well and I was wondering if yall have someone who would not booger up my shit. I honestly need to go out and get a welder because I can lay a hell of a weld and tend to judge others by my standards. I just don't have the space or time to get one.

Any help would be appreciated. Looking forward to the URE meet next week. I should be there for Saturday.

2. Apr 15, 2011 at 5:49 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

These.

3. Apr 15, 2011 at 8:03 PM
    dbronzo

dbronzo Protected by Armor Tech Offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Fayetteville, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport 4x4 w/ some Mods
    King Coilovers, LR UCA's, All Pro Sliders, ATO Full Skids, Pioneer AVH-P4300, 4.56 Gears, Front and Rear ARB Air Lockers, ATO Full Wrap High Clearance Bumper w/ Tire Carrier, ATO Hybrid Bumper, Smittybuilt XRC 8, Lightforce 240 Blitz, Rock Lights
    Getting mine gears done by Wilson Offroad. They have come highly recommended to me from some friends. Get all your armor from ATO.

4. Apr 15, 2011 at 8:05 PM
    Sleeper362

Member:
    First Name:
    Corporal
    K-Vegas NC
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4X4 DC Shortbed
    Are they somewhat local? Do they have a website? ECGS that is. I have been following the ATO stuff since my first day on here.

5. Apr 15, 2011 at 8:10 PM
    jgwheeler17

jgwheeler17 I'm a zit. Get it?

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab TRD Off-Road 4x4
    neglect, mostly.
    do you mean Down East Offroad?

6. Apr 15, 2011 at 8:49 PM
    Sleeper362

Member:
    First Name:
    Corporal
    K-Vegas NC
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4X4 DC Shortbed
    No shit, one of my best friends lives down that way. Pretty convenient for me.

Here is a noob question; do yall think an ECTED is a decent option for locking the rear diff, or would you go another route? I have an SR5 with five open switch panels, IE I don't have shit for fancy dohickeys as supplied from Toyota. No ATRAC, no downhill assist, no traction control, no nothing, which I am fine with because it gives me a pure platform to start with. It did come with the 8.4 rear end though :)

I daily drive this thing but I want something that can run Daniel at will. I don't want to do an all out trail rig but I want to be able to hold my own in Uwharrie from time to time. I don't plan on Off Roading anywhere else though. I know at least sliders are needed,a locking rear differential will help as well as some armor for underneath. Basically a weekend warrior. I love sleepers (thus the name in reference to my mustang which should be Sleeper552 now) and I would love for someone to see the truck and doubt its capabilities.

For the guys that have done it, where would you start and what mods would you do? I am totally new to off roading, even though I used to do some amazing shit in my 2WD E150 such as getting it stuck in places beyond where 4WD should bother going.

7. Apr 15, 2011 at 9:01 PM
    Sleeper362

Member:
    First Name:
    Corporal
    K-Vegas NC
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4X4 DC Shortbed
    I will do some research on what ARBs are (told you I was new :) ) I know its a rear locking diff but that is as far as my knowledge goes. The rest of your list is actually the exact order I was thinking about modding in. I saw jandrew's video earlier today of him yanking off his rear bumper and immediately put that rear bumper on my list. Probably won't do the wrap around bumper though.

8. Apr 15, 2011 at 9:27 PM
    Sleeper362

Member:
    First Name:
    Corporal
    K-Vegas NC
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4X4 DC Shortbed
    That is what I am afraid of, lol.

Thanks for the help yall.

Products Discussed in