1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NE area wheeling trip plans

Discussion in 'North East' started by mach1man001, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Jan 7, 2017 at 10:29 AM
    jc11taco89

jc11taco89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jon
    Naugatuck CT
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma aclb 4wd
    3 inch toytec 5100 SPC uca's Pelfreybilt front plate bumper with center hoop Pelfreybilt rear plate bumper with swing out B.A.M.F. sliders with kick out Mobtown ifs and trans skid. 33's with rims that are to large.
    Hey what's up fellers so I'm down here in CT and I've been wanting to get out and do some wheeling/exploring and there's nothing here in CT that's legal anyway. Anyone planning anything in the near future I'd really like to check out this R.I spot I've heard good things about it and pics look outstanding as well. I'm pretty much down for any weekend if anyone's interested or has anything planned in the near future

2. Jan 7, 2017 at 11:29 PM
    cjrodriguez31

cjrodriguez31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    RI
    Vehicle:
    04’ Ram 2500, 21’ Mach E GT
    @jc11taco89 someone was talking about a january/febraury run for the trails. Im sure it will pop up here in the future.

Just watch this thread like i do and keep tabs.

jc11taco89 likes this.
  3. Jan 12, 2017 at 3:48 AM
    thepinktaco

thepinktaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Orange, MA
    Vehicle:
    95 SAS Tacoma, 99 4runner, 16 Tacoma.
    NTC is having our annual meeting Saturday. We will be wheeling after the meeting on private land. The signup section on the forum has been messed up, so if you have issues let me know.
    I know there are people here that are members. Not as many stocker runs as we used to but have access to plenty of private land opportunities. We have an annual BBQ in June, which is paid for by the club, and wheel class 6 roads in NH.
    http://www.toyotacrawlers.com/forum/index.php?topic=29814.0

Boston10Taco and johnnym like this.
  4. Jan 12, 2017 at 4:17 AM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 [OP] eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    I can't emphasize enough how nice everyone in the club is. We all join for one reason and that's because we like to wheel. Like Cody said there are not a ton of stock friendly runs but there are a few and if you don't want to run your rig you can always ask if anyone has an open seat so that you can tag along on the really hard stuff. Once you join a whole lot more of the site opens up where not only can you see the schedule but people organize their own runs all the time. If your on the fence about joining I highly recommend that you come to the meeting on Saturday to see what it's all about

johnnym likes this.
  5. Jan 12, 2017 at 6:20 AM
    ZIB

ZIB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD DCLB Sport
    Pelfreybilt front bumper steel full hoops Warn Zeon 10s winch Caliraised 20" slim light bar and amber 18w pods TRD exhaust Century High-C topper Stubs Welding SKO sliders Pelfreybilt Skids King 2.5 RR extended travel coil over with 650 springs and King 2.5 RR rear shocks Dakar leaf pack Total Chaos UCA BFG KO2 265/70/17 Cobra 75 wx st CB w/ 4' Firestik FS Rotopax 4 gallon gas can
    @mach1man001 and @thepinktaco thanks for posting about NTC, I just registered. Can't make the meeting tomorrow as I'm headed to the Pat's game, but look forward to joining you on some upcoming runs!

Masshole_And_His_Taco likes this.
  6. Jan 12, 2017 at 6:41 AM
    Masshole_And_His_Taco

Masshole_And_His_Taco RIP Rick

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Northish South Shore MA
    Vehicle:
    Two-seater Curb-eater
    Little bit of stuff.
    If I wasn't leaving for Florida Early as shit on Saturday morning I would totally come out to this.. I will be registering after I get back next weekend! First I've heard of this group and it's really encouraging to find one

jc11taco89 likes this.
  7. Jan 12, 2017 at 7:25 AM
    thepinktaco

thepinktaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Orange, MA
    Vehicle:
    95 SAS Tacoma, 99 4runner, 16 Tacoma.
    That's a good point too. I've ridden along plenty of times. Even went to Rausch for takeover just to ride along one year.
    I'm hoping I can get out more this year. Want to explore some class 6's and venture back to the old wheeling spots we used to go to.

8. Jan 12, 2017 at 6:14 PM
    ZIB

ZIB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD DCLB Sport
    Pelfreybilt front bumper steel full hoops Warn Zeon 10s winch Caliraised 20" slim light bar and amber 18w pods TRD exhaust Century High-C topper Stubs Welding SKO sliders Pelfreybilt Skids King 2.5 RR extended travel coil over with 650 springs and King 2.5 RR rear shocks Dakar leaf pack Total Chaos UCA BFG KO2 265/70/17 Cobra 75 wx st CB w/ 4' Firestik FS Rotopax 4 gallon gas can
    anyone in RI area have a spring compressor? I'm going to be in need of one in the next month or so. Thanks

9. Jan 12, 2017 at 7:16 PM
    nickonfire700

nickonfire700 Reg. Cab Nation Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    05 Reg Cab SR5 4x4
    Satoshi grill, 3rd Gen TRDOR Bucket Seats, TRD front skid plate, TRD Beadlock Wheels, TRD Exhaust, OEM bed mat, LCE Header, LCE Balance Shaft Delete, ECGS front diff bushing, TRD Sport LSD rear diff, Diode Dynamics SS3 Sport fog lights, Stainless Steel Brake-lines, No A/C with Defrost mod, 2014 OEM Radio, Illuminating 4x4 switch, Various LEDs, UWS Toolbox, Proven Design Products Mudflaps, Bilstein 8112 front Coilovers w/ rear Bilstein 5125's/IronMan lift leaf springs, Archive Garage Hammer Hangers, JBAs HD UCAs, SOS Bolt-On rock sliders, TRD bedside decals, ImMrYo Mirror Bracket, Relocated rear diff breather, 2019 Steering wheel, color matched door handles
    Yes, I do. If you need help assembling springs and shocks, let me know when you want to set something up.

10. Jan 12, 2017 at 7:21 PM
    ZIB

ZIB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD DCLB Sport
    Right on, ll be in touch. Bumper and new springs should be in sometime in early mid Feb. I'll be in touch. Thanks!

jjsul likes this.
  11. Jan 12, 2017 at 7:22 PM
    nickonfire700

nickonfire700 Reg. Cab Nation Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    05 Reg Cab SR5 4x4
    Satoshi grill, 3rd Gen TRDOR Bucket Seats, TRD front skid plate, TRD Beadlock Wheels, TRD Exhaust, OEM bed mat, LCE Header, LCE Balance Shaft Delete, ECGS front diff bushing, TRD Sport LSD rear diff, Diode Dynamics SS3 Sport fog lights, Stainless Steel Brake-lines, No A/C with Defrost mod, 2014 OEM Radio, Illuminating 4x4 switch, Various LEDs, UWS Toolbox, Proven Design Products Mudflaps, Bilstein 8112 front Coilovers w/ rear Bilstein 5125's/IronMan lift leaf springs, Archive Garage Hammer Hangers, JBAs HD UCAs, SOS Bolt-On rock sliders, TRD bedside decals, ImMrYo Mirror Bracket, Relocated rear diff breather, 2019 Steering wheel, color matched door handles
    No problem, always want to help someone out!

Masshole_And_His_Taco and jjsul like this.
  12. Jan 20, 2017 at 4:44 AM
    USMCMike

USMCMike Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    Jeep JKU
    There is a notion of some folks going out to Freetown State Forest for a run very soon. Just the main dirt roads which are fine for stock - especially with good tires. It's more of an exploratory endeavor. We will not be trespassing on the gas-line trail, but we may hunt down the road access to the quarry and (uninspired) sandpit.

Could be a week-day, could be a weekend. We'll also do a short-notice snow-storm night run if we have the opportunity during the rest of the winter.

A couple Jeepers are likely to be in the mix :)

If you're interested say hello here.

13. Jan 20, 2017 at 4:53 AM
    Sr5_Tacoma

Sr5_Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle Silva
    Easthampton, MA.
    Vehicle:
    2008 SR5 Access Cab on 35s
    -6 inch lift. -35×12.50r17 mastercraft MXTs. -17×9 FUEL Hostage black wheels. -20 inch RGB LED light bar mounted in the grill. -RGB rock lights -Led spot light ditch lights on Rago Fabrication ditch light brackets. -Tom Woods custom 1piece driveshaft. -Color matched guage trim. -Pioneer touch screen radio. -12" sub in custom box (between rear seats and center counsel) -Custom made hidden winch mount, with superwinch TS9500 winch. -10,000k HID fog lights. -Fog lights for reverse bulb mod. (Very bright) -Custom retrofit headlights, with switchback turn signals/DRL halos, and RGB demon eyes. -Back up camera. -Onboard air, with auxiliary 5 gal. Tank. -Dual battery (huge 8D mounted in the bed) -JBA UCAs. -Icon front coilovers for 6-7" lift with remote resi and CDCV adjusters. More to come (Icon 13" travel temote resi rear shocks ordered 3 to 5 weeks out) Working on a custom utility bed trailer for camping/overlanding.
    Sounds like a good time I'm about 2 hours away so it's highly unlikely I would make a last minute no storm run but depending on if I get my new shocks before this trip it's definitely something I'd be interested in if it falls on a weekend.

14. Jan 20, 2017 at 7:32 AM
    jc11taco89

jc11taco89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jon
    Naugatuck CT
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma aclb 4wd
    3 inch toytec 5100 SPC uca's Pelfreybilt front plate bumper with center hoop Pelfreybilt rear plate bumper with swing out B.A.M.F. sliders with kick out Mobtown ifs and trans skid. 33's with rims that are to large.
    I'd definitely be down for this although I have no idea where this state Forrest is but I heard thee all important word in there LEGAL haha definitely keep me posted

Sr5_Tacoma likes this.
  15. Jan 31, 2017 at 5:49 PM
    JKwrangler92

JKwrangler92 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    2013 Jeep Wrangler 2 door
    Teraflex 2.5" Lift Kit 33" tires KC spot lights
    2017 is moving along, already February tomorrow.Are there any upcoming annual wheeling trips? any new wheeling spots that anyone discovered this winter?

Sr5_Tacoma and jc11taco89 like this.
  16. Feb 1, 2017 at 5:09 AM
    Masshole_And_His_Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Northish South Shore MA
    Vehicle:
    Two-seater Curb-eater
    Little bit of stuff.
    Glazed doughnut out there this morning eh guys?

Sr5_Tacoma likes this.
  17. Feb 1, 2017 at 5:19 AM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    ^^^ I'm too tired to try and figure out what that means

18. Feb 1, 2017 at 5:21 AM
    Masshole_And_His_Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Northish South Shore MA
    Vehicle:
    Two-seater Curb-eater
    Little bit of stuff.
    Slippery as shit. which makes no sense right?

One of my mom's favorite winter sayings and I've spent the past 10 years trying to explain how it just doesn't work. Still no progress.

jpereira2 and jc11taco89 like this.
  19. Feb 1, 2017 at 5:22 AM
    Masshole_And_His_Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Northish South Shore MA
    Vehicle:
    Two-seater Curb-eater
    Little bit of stuff.
    So I've given in to the madness and now use this saying myself

20. Feb 1, 2017 at 5:25 AM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Yeah cause even though a road that is glazed over is slippery a glazed doughnut is very sticky

jpereira2 and jc11taco89 like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top