1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need a new water heater! Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by piercedtiger, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Apr 16, 2009 at 7:03 PM
    WNYTACOMA

WNYTACOMA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clarence, New York
    Vehicle:
    09 Metalic Grey TRD OFF ROAD
    Toyota Nerf steps Bugflector 2 Tool box Weathertech floor liners Wet Okole F/R - Bk/Char
    Read the serial #. Typically, most models give you the date of manufacture in the 1st 4 numbers.

If it is in code, look at the 'ansi' date. They are usually within a few years (after) of that year.

2. Apr 16, 2009 at 7:17 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger [OP] Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    Yeah, I've been looking for most of the week. lol I've also been looking into on-demand/tankless ones for a while since we've been wanting to get off oil for some time now. We HATE relying on other people for necessities so it drives me nuts when we run out of oil and have to wait for the oil company before we can get heat/hot water again. At least with the electric it's always there, and we can use the pellet stove for heat now. lol No need to buy oil just for hot water. Especially once I get a generator in case we lose power.

Ok thanks. If you install them then that's good enough! :D I'm just sick of half-assed reviews by random customers that bought the wrong one, had wrong expectations, etc and just posted their biased opinion.

Thanks, but I think we're SOL on the warranty. Amtrol basically said they couldn't help me with it since I'm not the original owner. Fine. Whatever. Now I just don't need to buy oil to run my water heater during the summer. :D I turn the thermostats off once it gets up to 60+ each day anyway, so once that finally hits the furnace will be completely off and saving money. At some point if/when we get the wood furnace I may figure out a way to use the old water heater heating loop to run a heat exchanger to preheat the cold water line on the new heater. But that'll be a few years down the road I'm sure.

Products Discussed in

To Top