1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need a smoother ride for lifted double Cab

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by ffr3064k, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Jul 31, 2010 at 5:58 PM
    ffr3064k

ffr3064k [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Castle Rock, CO
    Vehicle:
    03 Double Cab debadged
    3 Inch lift, 32 x 11.50 Mudders, DVD, Headrest Monitors, Navigation, Sirius Radio, Subwoofers, Complete Color Change
    Ok. I want to ditch the blocks as they are bouncing me off the road. I have a 3 inch spacer with a rear level blocks in the rear. Are the Billy 5100's my answer?

2. Jul 31, 2010 at 6:03 PM
    ToucanV13

ToucanV13 You think I was rollin out here naked?

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Infideled out TRD Sport 4X4
    285/70 Hankook AT-M, Window vents, TRD CAI, TRD Cat-back exhaust with WickedFlow can, AFE Throttle Body Spacer, Billy 5100 @ 2.5 and 1" block rear, RBP nerf bars, Halo HIDs, 20% tint up front
    Definetly! I love mine and I just got em!

3. Jul 31, 2010 at 6:43 PM
    mikesdoublecab

mikesdoublecab LT Chase Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 Prerunner
    Engage Offroad long travel front and rear with some fat tires.
    its not just the shocks alone.... you may want to ditch the blocks and look into a replacement leaf pack... the Deaver J59 8 leaf pack works great on a first gen double cab...

couple them with some 5125s or if you can afford them, the 7100s and you will have a much better ride...

there are always guys upgrading to LT who will dump their Deavers for about $400... you could wait for that or take the plunge and get them brand new... wheelers offroad may have some kind of TW discount and downsouth motorsports stocks the bilsteins...

4. Jul 31, 2010 at 6:44 PM
    mikesdoublecab

mikesdoublecab LT Chase Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 Prerunner
    Engage Offroad long travel front and rear with some fat tires.
    oh, and also all-pro makes a rear leaf pack and sells a couple others that ride great... they might have a TW member special too...

5. Jul 31, 2010 at 6:45 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    my brother n law did the toytec ultimate lift on his 04 double cab. he swears his truck never rode that good.even off the showroom floor

6. Jul 31, 2010 at 9:30 PM
    ToucanV13

ToucanV13 You think I was rollin out here naked?

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Infideled out TRD Sport 4X4
    285/70 Hankook AT-M, Window vents, TRD CAI, TRD Cat-back exhaust with WickedFlow can, AFE Throttle Body Spacer, Billy 5100 @ 2.5 and 1" block rear, RBP nerf bars, Halo HIDs, 20% tint up front
    Downsouth FTMFW! Talk to Sonny and Marco, they went to great lengths to get me mine

7. Jul 31, 2010 at 9:34 PM
    Mr. Brown

Mr. Brown Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    White Double Cab Off Road
    Suspensiopn: Donahoe coil overs, Donahoe rear reservoir shocks, Light Racing UCA's, Wheelers AAL's, Exterior: Powder-coated black billet grill, Hella Black Magic fog lights, color matched rear bumper, color matched side mirrors, undercover tonneau cover, Interior: Alpine W203 w/ Blackbird II, Weathertech Floor-liners, blue gauge light mod, Performance: AFE Stage II Intake, Banks exhaust, single cat y-pipe, Dynomat hood-liner, NST Performance pulleys, URD MAF calibrator
    Subscribed

8. Jul 31, 2010 at 9:36 PM
    Matic

Matic Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Greenville,sc
    Vehicle:
    2002 TRD prerunner,SR5, doublecab
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate.
    My toytech aals ride fine until you get to about a quarter tank of gas with no load in the bed. Then it starts behaving like a pickup. Pro comp 9000? shocks. Cant remember.

9. Aug 1, 2010 at 1:04 AM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Icon's with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 295 BFG KO2, Bora 1" spacers, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    I switched from spacers to the Toytec coilovers, and AAL with 5100's in the rear. It is like a night and day difference! Its soo much better on-road. takes bump and even railroad tracks like nothing. smooth and not too harsh.
    But I think you really cant go wrong with either the Toytec coilovers or the OME kit. Both will give you a better ride. And go with either a full leaf pack or AAL and some 5100's for the rear.

10. Aug 1, 2010 at 2:05 AM
    Country

Country Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Country
    East Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl.-Everyone says it looks like a tank
    Pro Comp 6in lift w/ Icon Coilovers,AllPro UCA's, AllPro Baja Leaf pack, Bilstein 5150's in the rear. Tires Mickey Thompson MTZ 275/70R18 w/ procomp 7089 wheels. ARB front bumper with mile marker winch, Custom made all quarter inch steel rear bumper. Demello rock crusher slider's. CoverKing neoprene seat cover's, AllPro trail armor All-pro U-bolt flip kit with Timbren bump stops and many many many other mods, way to many to list.
    check out alcan leaf packs, they hand make theres and they ride superbly well

11. Aug 28, 2010 at 3:17 PM
    ffr3064k

ffr3064k [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Castle Rock, CO
    Vehicle:
    03 Double Cab debadged
    3 Inch lift, 32 x 11.50 Mudders, DVD, Headrest Monitors, Navigation, Sirius Radio, Subwoofers, Complete Color Change
    Alright.... Since I now have the Bilstein 5100's in the front I need to make changes to the back. I want to ditch my blocks and go to a lifting leaf spring. I would not mind another inch lift on my Double cab. So, I called Toytec since they are located in my city. I now have plans to install OME Dakar 2.25 lift leaf springs with Bilstein 5125's in the rear. At that point I plan to analyze how the truck sits and may change out the springs in the front for a 3 inch lift spring like Eibach or another brand to try and level the truck out again. How have the OME leafs worked for everyone?

To Top