1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need a spec check

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Voodoo Rufus, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Mar 10, 2010 at 7:51 AM
    Voodoo Rufus

Voodoo Rufus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Sport Indigo Ink DCSB 4WD
    Magnuson S/C, Relentless armor, Icon/Dakar suspension, Konig CountersteerX 17", KO2's, Hellwig rear swaybar, BudBuilt Trac Bar, Level 10 VBU, Weathertech floorliners, Cravenspeed antenna, Redline elite hood struts, RollnLock, Satoshi, CBI sliders
    I'm looking at a set of aftermarket wheels and tires as a first mod to my 07 Sport. I intend to replace the stock Dunlop Grantrek tires and stock Sport wheels with a set of Konig CountersteerX wheels and Bridgestone Revo2s in 265/70-17. That brings the overall tire diameter to about 31.6", so there should not be any clearance issues with the stock suspension. The stock wheels I will put dedicated studless ice/snow winter tires on eventually for next winter.

I wanted to compare the specs of the rims to get an idea of how it would look on the vehicle.

What I've found so far is:
    TRD Sport wheels: 17x7.5, +30 mm offset, 5.5" backspacing
    Konig CountersteerX: 17x8, -10 mm offset

Using this calculator
    , I get 34mm more inside clearance and it sticks out 46mm/1.8" more. That seems like a heck of a lot more than using Spidertrax spacers, which is about the look I would want (1-1.25"), but I'm trying to avoid spacers completely. Does this sound right, or perhaps it's supposed to be a +10mm offset? That would make the spacing more reasonable.

2. Mar 10, 2010 at 2:38 PM
    Voodoo Rufus

Voodoo Rufus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Sport Indigo Ink DCSB 4WD
    Magnuson S/C, Relentless armor, Icon/Dakar suspension, Konig CountersteerX 17", KO2's, Hellwig rear swaybar, BudBuilt Trac Bar, Level 10 VBU, Weathertech floorliners, Cravenspeed antenna, Redline elite hood struts, RollnLock, Satoshi, CBI sliders
    Found my answer. They are indeed offset too much (meaning the tread will stick out a fair amount), and they are not made in any other sizes yet.

Products Discussed in

To Top