1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need advice for NYC

Discussion in 'North East' started by tex, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Aug 8, 2012 at 11:59 AM
    tex

tex [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Arlington, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4 Runner Trail
    I am going to be in NYC next week for work and I should have a little time one day to catch a Rangers and Yankee game.
    I am going to be in the Woodhaven/Queens area and plan to take the subway to the game. The issue I keep running into is finding a place to park the rent car near one of the stations to get on train 4.
    It looks like I found a few parking garages near the Borough Hall station in Brooklyn.
    Can anyone help confirm if this is accurate or if they have a better idea on how to get from Queens to the stadium?
    Any help is appreciated.

2. Aug 9, 2012 at 6:02 AM
    toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    You can always just drive right to the game. I havent been to the new stadium but they would get you right out of any parking garage and on your way.

3. Aug 9, 2012 at 4:03 PM
    facemob

facemob Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    1st state
    Vehicle:
    03 V6 Manual, TRD
    OME 881, Nitrochargers front and rear, diff drop, Wheelers 3 Leaf AAL, Supertop, shitty brush guard and a hole in the muffler
    most areas in queens and brooklyn have free on street parking. Manhattan is where nothing is free. as far as finding a street that you feel comfortable about leaving the car on...... well that depends i guess. Ill tell you that the safest place to leave your car unattended is in williamsburg brooklyn. super not-hood there. you can leave your car on Bedford ave anywhere between s3rd and N12th, pick up the L train back to manhattan and make a transfer at 14st / union square to the 4 . Williamsburg is a neighborhood full of "artists" (predominantly Caucasian trust fund kids) and thats about it. only thing to watch for is on one side of the street you cant park from 8-930 am Mon and Thurs and the other side, same time tues and friday. but thats no big deal.

Or yes, pay a shit ton for garage parking.

4. Aug 10, 2012 at 8:41 PM
    tex

tex [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Arlington, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4 Runner Trail
    Thanks for the info. That is very helpful.

To Top