1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

need advice from anyone thats had the frame replaced

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by toysr5man, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Jun 2, 2011 at 9:10 AM
    toysr5man

toysr5man [OP] Auto thrasher

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    downtown, castile ny
    Vehicle:
    03 tundra trd. 01 taco 4x4 4cyl.
    5100 billys, add a leaf, 6.5 ' meyer plow, 265/75/16. diff drop, tundra brake upgrade, wheelers stainless stell braided brake lines, steering column mod
    hi
    excuse the spelling as im pissed at the moment. i took my 01 taco in for frame replacement, i got it back last friday. the truck was about undrivable. the steering was touchy and if you turned the wheel to far either way it would dart off the road and rip the steering wheel out of your hand. i took it right back. they have had it almost a week to tell me the rack is bad in it. the rack wasnt bad when it went in. now they want me to shell out a grand for it. i guess my question is , should i be paying for this? and is it worth getting ahold of toyota themselves? any help is appreciated. i did not search at all for answers to this. im just so livid at the moment i cant think straight. feel free to post up phone numbers so i can start calling.
    thanks

2. Jun 2, 2011 at 9:49 AM
    HeadlampRevamp

HeadlampRevamp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Buckner, ky
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma SR5 TRD
    Call Toyota directly, they might open a case for you.

3. Jun 14, 2011 at 8:37 AM
    toysr5man

toysr5man [OP] Auto thrasher

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    downtown, castile ny
    Vehicle:
    03 tundra trd. 01 taco 4x4 4cyl.
    5100 billys, add a leaf, 6.5 ' meyer plow, 265/75/16. diff drop, tundra brake upgrade, wheelers stainless stell braided brake lines, steering column mod
    i took the advice and contacted toyota directly. they opened a claim number. the dealer contacted me today , they still wont replace the steering rack. they said they would eat the labor, but thats all.

i just couldn't believe the dealerships arrogance. they actually told me" we are not responsible for caladeral damage done to your vehicle." i asked them how that could be. he then basically told me my truck was worn out junk.

so i just got off the phone with toyota corp, and all they said was its between you and the dealer. i asked how it was fair for them to charge toyota 10 to 12 grand for the work, then break a bunch of stuff , then try to rape me for an extra $1000. i really didnt get an answer, other than my poorly pronounced last name, then hearing you have to work it out with the dealer.

so now i dont know what im gunna do, i actually do, im gunna eat it and do it myself. but i dont really see any other options here.

last but not least, i thought i would never say these words. because i've dealt with this dealership for 15 years but, dorschel toyota in rochester ny officially sucks. i would get something in writing before letting them touch your truck.

end of my rant

4. Jun 14, 2011 at 9:35 AM
    kingston73

kingston73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    eastern MA
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    Between hearing your thread and the other one where the guy's truck is now crooked I'm glad the only thing wrong with mine was a finger tight (loose) exhaust system. Seems like Toyota could have just saved everybody time and money by buying back all of these instead of replacing the frames on some.

5. Jun 14, 2011 at 9:41 AM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    dam man that sucks..... post up on every forum possible to get them a bad rating and they might do it. just call them and tell them you are on almost every toyota forum and you will f up their rep unless they hold themselfs responsible

To Top