1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need advice from experienced lift kit dudes...

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by BigDoug, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Aug 16, 2009 at 8:12 PM
    BigDoug

BigDoug [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brantlee
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Dbl Cab TRD 4x4
    TRD cold air intake, 3 inch Skyjacker suspension lift, bull bar, kc hilights, 5% windows, pioneer double din dvd player, kicker amp, full rockford fosgate sound system, camlocker toolbox, uws step rails
    I have a 2006 tacoma and currently have a 3" suspension lift on it...i am wanting to go with a 6" suspension and a 3" body lift...i know i will need to reset the gears and have it all recalibrated but i wanna know is this a smart move? is there any better options? if i do go threw with this what all is involved in this?:confused: Thanks in advance

2. Aug 16, 2009 at 8:27 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Welcome to TW!
    Personally, Im not a fan of the body lifts.

3. Aug 17, 2009 at 12:16 AM
    BigDoug

BigDoug [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brantlee
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    TRD cold air intake, 3 inch Skyjacker suspension lift, bull bar, kc hilights, 5% windows, pioneer double din dvd player, kicker amp, full rockford fosgate sound system, camlocker toolbox, uws step rails
    yea im not a fan of them either but the biggest suspension lift ive found so far is a 6" and i wanna go higher

4. Aug 17, 2009 at 12:22 AM
    BigDoug

BigDoug [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brantlee
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    everyone where i live has 6" lifts and on their tacomas and i just wanna go higher than the rest if that makes sense

5. Aug 17, 2009 at 12:38 AM
    BigDoug

BigDoug [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brantlee
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    what you mean by SAS the truck?

6. Aug 17, 2009 at 12:47 AM
    GEARAHOLIC

GEARAHOLIC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    KELLEN
    PASO ROBLES, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Black on Black BEAST
    solid axle swap...forget it....dont modify your truck...actually sell your taco ASAP

7. Aug 17, 2009 at 12:50 AM
    BigDoug

BigDoug [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brantlee
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    haha funny but nah imma keep it

8. Aug 17, 2009 at 12:55 AM
    GEARAHOLIC

Member:
    First Name:
    KELLEN
    PASO ROBLES, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Black on Black BEAST
    height of lift is like the least important thing in regards to lifting a truck... wouldnt you rather have your truck be able to handle hauling ass in the sand...or jumping it without it breaking or crawling up rocks...yeah if you want to be able to do those things, inevetibly you will need to lift the truck...but thats just a side effect of gaining suspension travel and articulation...and so you can fit larger tires...next time before you ask questions about lifts...use the search feature....tons and tons of info on lift options

9. Aug 17, 2009 at 12:57 AM
    BigDoug

BigDoug [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brantlee
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    as fun as all that sounds i live in mississippi...there aint no dessert to be hauln ass threw the sand or big rock hills to cllimb like over there in california...we do the whole mud thing

10. Aug 17, 2009 at 1:05 AM
    GEARAHOLIC

Member:
    First Name:
    KELLEN
    PASO ROBLES, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Black on Black BEAST
    if all you have is mud forget wasting money on a lift... lock up the rear end, change out yer gears, get the super charger... but be sure to run the exhaust straight up out of the hood like all them goold ole boys do in the south, remove the bed and front fenders so you can run 44" boggers...top it off with a gold plated nut sack swinging from the hitch

11. Aug 17, 2009 at 1:10 AM
    BigDoug

BigDoug [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brantlee
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    haha you must not know much about the south or how we build our trucks because thats not our trucks you described thats some shit we rigged up to waste money and tear up

12. Aug 17, 2009 at 1:12 AM
    Dellosa89

Dellosa89 Love peace and Taco Grease

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Murrieta CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner TRD Off Road
    Fox 2.5 Coilovers, Camburg 1.25" UCA's, Icon RR, Icon aal,EVS foam bump stops, Borla Catback, HID Headlights and fogs, Defiant light bar, 3 hella 700 hid, Satellite Radio, Sony hu with 10'' sub, custom jetski rack, TRD seat covers, secondary air filter removed.
    even in the mud you should stay away from the white or blue cancer (procomp/ fabtech), those lifts dont help with suspension at all they only function for fitting larger tires. if you are hart set on lifting your truck look into running icon 2.5 with camburg 4" spindles and a decent upper controll arm something like camburgs new 1.25 uniball or total chaos 1" uniball. you can crank up the icons to 3.5 lift over the spindels, this will elimanate that crappy drop bracket in the front and give u a way better paformance in the mud over your friends. but i wouldnt run them over 2" so that way u can really benifit from them.

13. Aug 17, 2009 at 1:14 AM
    Dellosa89

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Murrieta CA
    Vehicle:
    Fox 2.5 Coilovers, Camburg 1.25" UCA's, Icon RR, Icon aal,EVS foam bump stops, Borla Catback, HID Headlights and fogs, Defiant light bar, 3 hella 700 hid, Satellite Radio, Sony hu with 10'' sub, custom jetski rack, TRD seat covers, secondary air filter removed.
    dam forgot about that.

14. Aug 17, 2009 at 1:15 AM
    BigDoug

BigDoug [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brantlee
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    thanks i appreciate it imma research on that but before i do you have any guess to a cost on any of that?

15. Aug 17, 2009 at 1:18 AM
    Dellosa89

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Murrieta CA
    Vehicle:
    well the icon can run from 980 to almost 1200, i forgot u had 4x4 so the spindles wont work....

16. Aug 17, 2009 at 1:21 AM
    Dellosa89

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Murrieta CA
    Vehicle:
    im not too familiar with 4x4 lifts, most of the people around my place use the 4x4 just to pull us prerunners out of the sand.

17. Aug 17, 2009 at 1:22 AM
    BigDoug

BigDoug [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brantlee
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    ok well price isnt to bad but if the spindles dont apply to me whats that mean? i dont mean to seem so ignorant on the subject but this is the first ive ever heard of SAS

18. Aug 17, 2009 at 1:36 AM
    Dellosa89

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Murrieta CA
    Vehicle:
    its a lot of work and not cheep to convert your truck to be a solid axle in the front its alot easier to just go long travel its pretty much all bolt on and probably around the same price. total chaos has a pretty good set up just not sure on the height but like GEARAHOLIC said good suspension lifts your truck but its a side effect.

19. Aug 17, 2009 at 1:40 AM
    Dellosa89

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Murrieta CA
    Vehicle:

Products Discussed in

To Top