1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need advice on the damage

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MillerMan06, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Apr 16, 2011 at 7:39 PM
    MillerMan06

MillerMan06 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    K&N Cold Air Intake,Running boards,bed cover,windows tinted, MagLite seat mount (A big Thankyou to piercedtiger for that one got it off cheap/free mods) extra 4 outlets on the 12V plug 3 12V plug in's and a USB all one box with toggles,48LED dome light (blue), Tail gate theft mod,Exhaust flowmaster super 44 with tips!!!!
    Well he had a bad storm come through Raleigh NC today around 3pm!!! we had a tornato come through my neighbor hood and it hit so fast that by the time we knew it was there it was to late my Taco did get hit. The damage is not that bad but does need to get fixed. Now how do I get the ins. comp. to go along with a full paint job my clear coat is shot and I dont want none of this color match crap!!! I want it done the right way the first time around none of this okay we goofed crap. I will post pics of the damage tommorrow

2. Apr 16, 2011 at 7:43 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    There isn't really anything you can do to make them do it...Take it to a good shop that will recommend that the entire truck be repainted....but be prepared for a battle anyways. If there are panels without damage-The company isn't going to want to pay to repaint them...

3. Apr 24, 2011 at 5:27 PM
    MillerMan06

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    K&N Cold Air Intake,Running boards,bed cover,windows tinted, MagLite seat mount (A big Thankyou to piercedtiger for that one got it off cheap/free mods) extra 4 outlets on the 12V plug 3 12V plug in's and a USB all one box with toggles,48LED dome light (blue), Tail gate theft mod,Exhaust flowmaster super 44 with tips!!!!
    Well I took my truck in to the ins. for the ajusters to look at it and give me an est. $5,500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:censored: now just got to get the paper work over to a body shop and get them to order all the parts and get ready to do the work so im not down to long!!! sorry i have posted pics yet but its been crazy from clean up and my grandpa went into the hospital the day after the storm hit so stuff has been :crapstorm: around lately!!! But pics will be up soon

4. Apr 25, 2011 at 6:29 AM
    romafern

romafern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    stock and very pissed about the issues
    Machine gun mount. Would love to blow the shit out of it since it has nothing but issues. QA at Toyota USA is shit. Start making them in Japan for Christ's Sake!
    I wanna see some pics of what the storm did to your truck.

5. Apr 25, 2011 at 6:31 AM
    MillerMan06

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    i will get them loaded up to day this is the first day that things havent been crazy

6. Apr 25, 2011 at 7:13 AM
    MillerMan06

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    Pics of my Truck:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    there is other damage that unless your at the truck you cant really see all my windows have to be replaced because the have chips taken out of it. Also other stuff the ins guy saw that i didnt. There are scraches all over it to/

7. Apr 25, 2011 at 7:14 AM
    MillerMan06

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    there are more pic of the damage in my gallery.

8. Apr 25, 2011 at 8:13 AM
    romafern

romafern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    stock and very pissed about the issues
    Machine gun mount. Would love to blow the shit out of it since it has nothing but issues. QA at Toyota USA is shit. Start making them in Japan for Christ's Sake!
    and all this will be around 5k? plus adjustments I hope? I wonder if they can do the entire paint job unless the shop is that good that the touch ups will blend nicely... keep us posted. Thanks for the pics and hope you get back to your "normal" life routine....

9. Apr 25, 2011 at 12:45 PM
    MillerMan06

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    well i got the truck into the body shop.I will drop it off on monday morning!!!!!! And they will be getting to work they guy said 7-10 working days. A friend of mine is the paint guy so he damn good at his job, i will dig up a few helment he did for me and my bro back when we raced gokarts on an oval dirt track back in the day!!!! but i have talked to him and he told me no worries my taco is in good hands he has a 1st gen taco im trying to get him on here and my bro but my bro is just being a stuborn bull about joining???? but i will have have her this week and then for the next week or so she will be getting put back together!!! pic's of "after" will follow very soon after i get her back.

10. May 1, 2011 at 5:52 PM
    MillerMan06

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    Well all I take my Taco to the body shop in the morning 7-10 working days to fix it
    :( Not looking forward to being with out her for that long but i trust them i got a friend on the inside that does paint so i know its in good hands!!! More pics will come after the work is done!!!!

11. May 15, 2011 at 6:58 AM
    MillerMan06

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    Well the body shop call me on Friday and they told me that my truck should be ready on monday!!!! ("5/16/11") They found a few other things from the storm and they fixed that as well and got up with my ins comp and told them about it. So we will see if it is ready on monday. I really hope so i miss my truck very much and I NEED IT BACK!!! Me and the wife are moving this month so it really hard to move with out a truck and i hate asking people that i know with trucks if they can help me move. But now that my truck is all most done i will just have to get it back to the window tint shop so they can retint my windows and then shes as good as new!!! pics to come very soon!!!!!

12. May 17, 2011 at 1:55 PM
    MillerMan06

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    I went and saw the guy at they body shop and we got it worked out new glass for the door goes in tomm. And then i should have it back. im glad to have heard that AGAIN!!!!!! But i heard him call the people for a diffrent glass company and they will have it there tomm morning!!!

13. May 17, 2011 at 2:04 PM
    pudge151

pudge151 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum
    i wonder if a homeowners policy would help cover this?

14. May 19, 2011 at 3:56 PM
    MillerMan06

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    Home owners no. But my auto did cover every thing with out question!!!!

15. May 19, 2011 at 4:00 PM
    MillerMan06

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    Well i got my truck back from the body shop today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im very happy, The guy who did the body work did a great job. And my buddy who painted it with out question did a great job Pics coming soon. The shop did miss my "Tacoma" badge on the passanger side door and "The Guy" said he could have me one on monday. I am so F&*KING sick of hearing tommorow or monday. The shop it self will get a good score on the CSS but the guy i had to deal with will not. I will post pics after i get the windows retinted and the badge put back on.

To Top