1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need electrical help.

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by EightGodzillas, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Dec 9, 2018 at 1:04 PM
    EightGodzillas

EightGodzillas [OP] Scales of Justice

Member:
    Lake Norman
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD OffRoad
    Not sure where to post this.

I'm running a 10 gauge wire from two radios mounted behind the rear seat that might carry a total load of 30 amps. I have a very clean installation and have the power wire fished to the underside of the dash. I do not know where to get it through the firewall.

Any help is greatly appreciated. This is the last step in my install and the only thing keeping me from 2 meter glory.

2. Dec 9, 2018 at 1:07 PM
    Unchained 5150

Unchained 5150 Rick

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Auburn Ma
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Poser Pro Manual.
    I believe in the upper left corner there is a grommet under the dash

3. Dec 9, 2018 at 1:11 PM
    Mtn Mike

Mtn Mike Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR AC
    I also used the big grommet that's up and to the left of the brake pedal (from drivers perspective). The grommet's got plenty of room for more wires and it comes out next to the brake booster.

4. Dec 9, 2018 at 1:14 PM
    Jimmyturbo

Jimmyturbo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma trd off road
    Icon stage 8 long travel suspension
    Ok so not an expert but I've got many wires through the firewall on my Tacoma

So if your talking about the driver side you must remove the dash and door sil pieces , take off the door sil first then reomove the panel where your oeft foot rests there are then a few screws to remove towards the bottom of the dash piece, then just pull the dash piece towards you and it should come away with little force it's just like 8 clips

Now you got all that out the way you can look under the dash and you should see a rubber seal with the factory harness passing through it, you will need to make a small cut in the diapram part of the grommet , I found this easier to do from the engine bay side
    Hope this helps wish I had taken photos when I did all this I had to do it three times for three different farkles .. I believe if you were to go into spod 4x4 website they have good clear instructions to download obviously only look at the steps pertaining to getting cable through the firewall andyou would have photos to accomplish this simply but it's not hard, shouldn't take you more then 20 mins

Best Jimmy

5. Dec 9, 2018 at 1:17 PM
    Mtn Mike

Mtn Mike Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR AC
    In this truck I didn't have to remove any trim pieces to access the grommet. You do have to temporarily peal back some of the factory rat fur.

Products Discussed in

To Top