1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help, 2017 SR5 V6 troubleshoot

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Mr.Hustler, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Mar 25, 2021 at 3:45 PM
    tacoman45

tacoman45 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orygun
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD OR DCSB - MGM
  2. Mar 25, 2021 at 4:25 PM
    Mr.Hustler

Mr.Hustler [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Magnetic Grey Metallic TRD Off Road 4x4 [AT]
    It's a secret
    I tried again today and from everyone's various suggestions of possible issues, it seems to me that it may indeed be a combination of gummed up injectors and a fuel pump problem...

...in any case, tow truck is on it's way and my "be a good friend" time limit has been reached...hahaha.

GBR and GrundleJuice[QUOTED] like this.
  3. May 5, 2021 at 9:15 AM
    tacoma543

tacoma543 Member

Member:
    Any end result to the issue???

I'm in the same boat pretty much as your friend was, my only problem is I know EXACTLY why its happening... I was an IDIOT and put all the gas I had for WHO KNOWS HOW LONG in the garage into the truck and of course it has the same thing happening. So far, everything is pointing to the fuel being A LOT older than I thought, so bad fuel problem.

So far, I have put 2 tubs of Heet in the tank, but still had the issue so I got some premium gas and topped it off, and still has the same issue going on... Any insight into how your fixed their issue? I'm assuming I'll need to next try to drain the tank, but hoping I don't have to do that....

Products Discussed in

To Top