1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

need help: avid offroad sliders or step rails

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MJonesTrumpet, May 15, 2010.

1. May 15, 2010 at 7:32 PM
    MJonesTrumpet

MJonesTrumpet [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Central PA
    hey everyone...i can't really decide which will look better/functionality. I have an 09 access cab, not the double cab which i think the step rails would be better for. I'm looking at getting the avid offroad sliders or step rails and am leaning towards the sliders...im getting their light bar and hitch step, i think the avid products look freaking sweet. The step rails are here: http://www.avidoffroad.com/products/05-tacoma-products/step-rails/ and the sliders are here: http://www.avidoffroad.com/products/05-tacoma-products/sliders/. I'm really leaning towards the sliders but my fiance is 5'2'' so im thinking the steps might help her...though i dont have a lift at all. Can you step on the sliders at all? anyway, just looking for some input, thanks guys!:rolleyes:

2. May 15, 2010 at 7:34 PM
    mwild

mwild I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vernon, NJ
    Vehicle:
    03 2500 Dodge Ram
    Cat-Back, weather techs, ipod and sisuis Old 04 Taco: 5100s At all 4 corners set at 2.5", Toyotec AAL, Gibson cat-back, Deck plate mod, 20% Tint on fronts, 10" Kicker Comp sub, Sirius radio, Bud Built Skid, Pro Comp 8069 Wheels
    I think the sliders are to close to the rocker to use as a step. If you want a step i would get the steps.

3. May 15, 2010 at 7:37 PM
    MJonesTrumpet

MJonesTrumpet [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Central PA
    haha i dont really want a step...i dont forsee myself ever putting a lift on...i like the look of the sliders...but am wondering if maybe the step would be more practical...thanks for the input though!

4. May 15, 2010 at 7:50 PM
    Blue

Blue You're my boy blue

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Sierras
    Vehicle:
    ex 99 current 04 TRD
    If you need the steps get the steps. If not my vote is sliders

Products Discussed in

To Top