1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need Help Deciding: MBRP T-409 or T-304?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SManZ, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Sep 30, 2009 at 6:52 PM
    SManZ

SManZ [OP] el tráfico más lento se queda derecha

Member:
    Centreville, VA
    Vehicle:
    '10 Supercharged 4x4 Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    I've decided on the MBRP dual side exit exhaust for my truck. I just need help deciding between the XP and Pro versions.

Is the surface rust that is mentioned with T-409 stainless steel really that noticeable? Its $455 vs $683 for the Pro made with T-304. Any other reasons for or against the XP or Pro?

I've read on these forums that its cheaper to weld a muffler in and more gains are noticed with a single exit muffler. I want dual side exits and I want to do the install 100% on my own so I decided on the MBRP. I'm leaning towards the XP version unless there is a real compelling reason to fork out the extra $230 for the Pro.

-Thanks!

2. Oct 1, 2009 at 2:36 AM
    SManZ

SManZ [OP] el tráfico más lento se queda derecha

Member:
    Centreville, VA
    Vehicle:
    '10 Supercharged 4x4 Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    ttt...anyone?

3. Oct 1, 2009 at 1:14 PM
    Mr_Torque

Mr_Torque Buy the Ticket take the Ride.....

Member:
    Perkasie,PA
    Vehicle:
    '07 Tacoma SR5 4WD V-6 6 Spd
    MBRP Exhaust, 17" FJ Steelies w/Firestone AT's, Truxedo Lopro ,Timbren SES, Pioneer FH-X720BT HU & TS-C720PRS Component Speakers, TRD Quickshifter, Bilstein 6112/5160, Light Racing UCA, and Icon Progressive add a leaf.
    I picked this system for the same reasons you did. I went with the T-304
    version mainly because I got a great price from discountpowerparts.com.
    I tried their site and it looks like they're shutting down.

To Top