1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

    You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

    As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

need help deciding on new tires.

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by jpop8807, Aug 12, 2013.

  1. Aug 12, 2013 at 8:34 AM
    #1
    jpop8807

    jpop8807 [OP] Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2013
    Member:
    #102030
    Messages:
    95
    Gender:
    Male
    First Name:
    Josh
    Fort Hood
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prerunner TRD 2wd
    My falken Rocky mtn at/s are near bald. I would say 80 percent of my driving is on road the other 20 percent is on trails. I don't mud really. There's no soft sand here. and I was hoping to avoid a really aggressive tread until I got my lift. Should I even go with a all terrain? Or should I get something like the tires I have on here? Maybe something a tad bit more aggressive like the rugged trails, the Rocky mtns were kinda weak in the areas I did of road. Open to any suggestions.
     
  2. Aug 12, 2013 at 8:39 AM
    #2
    DJB1

    DJB1 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2013
    Member:
    #105835
    Messages:
    546
    Gender:
    Male
    First Name:
    Dave
    SLC, UT
    Vehicle:
    2003 Regular Cab 4X4 5MT
    I just got new Firestone Destination A/T tires on my truck. They look gnarly enough for me and they're quieter than the wimpy-looking goodyear trackers that were on my truck when I bought it. They are also the highest-rated all-terrain tire on Tire Rack's survey:

    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=ORAT
     
  3. Aug 31, 2013 at 7:33 AM
    #3
    jeffjcalweb

    jeffjcalweb Member

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2013
    Member:
    #109606
    Messages:
    16
    Gender:
    Male
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC 4x4 V6 TowPkg
    None
    @DJB1 i'm looking at the same tire you bought, also from tirerack.com

    i currently have the dunlop OE tires which are crap. how do you like your firestones? also what size did you get? would you buy them again?
     
  4. Aug 31, 2013 at 7:49 AM
    #4
    LukeBo4x4

    LukeBo4x4 The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs.

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2013
    Member:
    #100002
    Messages:
    993
    Gender:
    Male
    First Name:
    luke
    Big Island,Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD ext cab
    OME 882s, wheelers 5 leaf pack w/aal, ARB front bumper, 285/75/16 nitto trail grapplers,pro comp 7069s
    I had the firestones before i got duratacs, there good tires all around. Very good road manners but not to great in mud they pack up very easy.
     
  5. Nov 7, 2013 at 8:09 AM
    #5
    oldswab

    oldswab Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 1, 2013
    Member:
    #103258
    Messages:
    161
    Gender:
    Male
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    14 dbl cab TRD OR 6MT
To Top