1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help determining where 3" is... (Toytec Adj CO Kit)

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by eltaco, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Oct 8, 2010 at 5:00 AM
    eltaco

eltaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    '07 4x4 DC Offroad
    Alright, when I purchased my truck (couple years ago) it had a spacer lift on it, and I wasn't sure if it was 2.5" or 3". Last year, I decided to go ahead and put an adjustable coilover on, and went with the Toytec adjustable CO kit. Unfortunately, this kit is apparently different from the Ultimate setup, and the measurements (adjustment nut to base) that they specify for 3" of lift turned out to be ~1".

Since I don't have a baseline measurement, I have no idea where this truck sits stock. I adjusted the CO until I hit where I think is ~3", but it's really a guestimate.

Here's the new issue.... I put on the 3-Leaf progressive kit from wheeler's, which is supposed to obtain 1.5" in the rear. I've had it on for a couple of months now, and it's certainly settled, and I see now that my rear is ~1/2" lower than the front. So, I'm not sure if the rear has simply sagged below 1" of lift, or if my front is actually 3.5".

If anyone has a good measurement, I'd love to dial this in closer, or at least figure out where I'm at.

2. Oct 8, 2010 at 5:10 AM
    Wattapunk

Wattapunk Stay lifted my friends !

Member:
    First Name:
    Uncle K
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2005 DCLB 4WD
    More likely the rear has sagged. The Toytecs also should already settled. I would just take measurements from ground to fenders and re-adjust the coilovers.

3. Oct 8, 2010 at 5:41 AM
    eltaco

Member:
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    '07 4x4 DC Offroad
    I think that you're right, I should be completely settled.

The unsettling thing (pun intended) Is that I had 1" blocks on the rear before going to the 3-leaf progressive kit, and I was level with that setup. If that's the case, this supposed 1.5" rear lift has obtained approximately 1/2" total lift after settling.

4. Oct 8, 2010 at 1:11 PM
    eltaco

Member:
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    '07 4x4 DC Offroad
    Anyone else?

Products Discussed in

To Top